Welkom, gast!

04-05-2012, 03:14 PM | Bericht: #181
HATE Go to next important person...
I would post up one of the new features that is under review for commandos - and one that we have already proto-typed.

But I fear Snail might explode in some crazy stabby commando joygasm....

and the reason why Commandos will be last in line is because it is a reactionary class - stealth lets you observe and react to how fights happen and then choose when you want to engage. So when changes are made to soldier and gunner you guys will be affected just in how and when you choose to engage.

[Afbeelding: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM | Bericht: #182
Solid Snail 
(04-05-2012 03:14 PM)HATE schreef:  But I fear Snail might explode in some crazy stabby commando joygasm....
I could lie and tell you that i would behave, but...
Citaat:and the reason why Commandos will be last in line is because it is a reactionary class - stealth lets you observe and react to how fights happen and then choose when you want to engage. So when changes are made to soldier and gunner you guys will be affected just in how and when you choose to engage.

In other words; whatever they get, we get something MORE awesome!

BRO DO YOU EVEN HAMMER?

I have a space in my name

04-05-2012, 05:04 PM | Bericht: #183
s0zage 
(04-05-2012 03:14 PM)HATE schreef:  I would post up one of the new features that is under review for commandos - and one that we have already proto-typed.

Please give us a hint.
I meant a hint of the new commando feature not a hint of what Snail's crazy stabby commando joygasm looks like although...i'd like to see Snail go on a rampage.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 04-05-2012 om 11:16 PM door s0zage.)
06-05-2012, 08:12 AM | Bericht: #184
Ub3rCharged 
(02-04-2012 10:22 AM)Mr.Croft schreef:  Really I hate mandos. Always on the shadows and the they quickly kick your 4ss. Commando is easy. Only gunners and soldiers are really skilled because they are not invisible, exposed to everyone, so they need to have skill to avoid death. Even low lvls mandos (like my royal (lvl 12)) can kill easily.
Have a Happy day :D

Commando is a stealth class. And besides, commandos are pretty underpowered outside of sniping. Although dual pistoling can be useful and fun. :D

[Afbeelding: TophatMudkip.gif]

Nationals in a Nutshell.
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM | Bericht: #185
WorldBosh 
(03-05-2012 09:30 PM)Lothalis schreef:  
(03-05-2012 08:01 PM)WorldBosh schreef:  Yep. PS 5 essentially allows slow snipers to kill in 2 shots instead of the 3. Because of this, anyone with half decent accuracy can get off 2 headshots REALLY easily, especially since the target would rarely have time to react unless the already have Leg It already active. Giving snipers a DoT would still make them OP since you can get off a head shot + a body shot = 90-94 damage.

Okay let’s look at some facts:

Level 5 Poison Blade: 45 Damage over 5 Seconds
If you are able to sneak up from behind and hit the target in the back. A good 'backstab' will do nearly 65 damage and with a poisoned blade, you'll be able to do 110 total damage with one hit (if the target does not heal).

Level 5 Piercing Shot: +23 damage per shot over 4 seconds
A long range sniper with Piercing Shot can do well over 70 damage per shot as long as you hit your target in the head, especially super/uber rifles that do approximately 76 damage if aimed from a long range to the head with level 5 Piercing Shot

Causing a knife to do an extra 23 damage will not unbalance the game, nor will subing out the extra 23 on a ranged attack (where you don't need to sneak up and put yourself into harms way) for a DoT that can be CM or bandaged is more than fair.

Orlynao? Hoping that your enemy doesn't do something that comes second nature to anyone that has been playing BFH for at least 2 hours is just ridiculous. Backstabs do about 60 damage. Say that you add a PS like skill to knives that adds RAW damage and they cap it at about 79 to keep it from oneshotting commandos, it would still be far too op since knives swing as fast as you can click. Adding a skill that gets knives to do 79 damage per backstab would be just as bad as keeping fast snipers with PS 5 the way they are atm.

(03-05-2012 08:01 PM)WorldBosh schreef:  The sniper's damage alone would drop any commando easily and the DoT would finish soldiers easily if their CM is on CD or at least force soldiers to pop it so that the commando can finish the soldier from a different angle after marking them. If they get at a gunner, it would require two headshots and one body shot, thus forcing gunners to pop shield and interrupt any skill they were currently using and blow a really good survival skill.

So what, A commando only has 80 HP, one shot from a sniper normally all but kills them ANYWAYS; if a soldier's CM is on CD that sounds like a great time to hit, same with forcing a gunner to use a skill they don't want to use at that moment; that's called strategy.

Hitting when a certain skill is on CD is a great time to strike OFC, but how could you tell unless you saw them use the skill? The general formula for a sniper is the closer they are, the more vulnerable they should be. By saying that snipers should be allowed to hunt the gunner or soldier is outrageous. Snipers and aggressive shouldn't be used in the same sentence without "are not" in between the two. As much as I hate to say this, snipers are meant to pick a certain perch(s) and camp it, not sneaking around almost RIGHT BEHIND the gunner/soldier to kill them. Stealth shouldn't be available for a sniper.

(03-05-2012 08:01 PM)WorldBosh schreef:  Skills like BS, BB, FF, Keg, and PS in my opinion are just so intertwined in this game's mechanics that removing it or nerfing them would throw off SOOOO many players. I'm all for balance and whatnot, but removing entire game dynamics is something slightly/majorly daunting for many players.

You are aware this is part of working out game balance means changing these abilities as the game evolves right? They have added and changed abilities for other classes already, would you prefer the abilities go back to their original programming then?

A big thing I see here in your argument is defending the people who are not great snipers, well here is how things normally go; if you are not good at sniping either get better or do something else. But I'll play the part of someone who is looking out for the unskilled for a moment. The DoT will help because all you need to do is hit them once to get that damage going as opposed to hitting them multiple times, a solider is really they only one who can counter this with an ability and a gunner has high HP, the commando is more than likely toast, but under most circumstances a sniper will drop them in one or 2 shots anyways with PS the way it is, at least this way they have a chance to bandage.

LoL, I definitely would love to see BS go back to being to insta kill and kegs to dealing burn damage instead of slowing down the target. Getting better at sniping doesn't cut it for most, since "to get better at sniping" would be just to improve your accuracy, and we all know that at close range, "getting sharper accuracy" doesn't cut it. The point of giving snipers a DoT instead of raw boost would be just as you said in your last line, giving people a chance to bandage. BFH is the only shooter I've ever played where the snipers can be this much of a pain to deal with because of 2 skills ><. In CoD, snipers can quickscope, but you can survive against almost all quickscopers (that don't hack) except for the INSANELY skilled quickscopers, which are VERY rare. In BF3, snipers either snipe at long range or try running around in SR with a pistol like an idiot in a fail attempt to try rushing with their team mates. Many of you will try scolding me for bringing up other games but the point is, as long as snipers can stealth and get the first shot in any fight, they'll always be considered OPd until some major changes are made.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 07-05-2012 om 08:58 PM door WorldBosh.)
08-05-2012, 08:16 AM | Bericht: #186
Fobber1300 
(02-04-2012 10:28 AM)xxRockinRollxx schreef:  Your a noob !!
Not a noob a cry baby Who rages Confused

[Afbeelding: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReocP4UNVm8GDVBXfWk96...GubyO0n8_n]
12-05-2012, 04:06 PM | Bericht: #187
mnjcompagnie 
HATE, give us our crazy staby commando joygasm!!!
We want it Big Grin

What is it gonna be?
Insta-knife-kills?
Extend knife range with 50000 meters?
Aimbot for knifes?
MT kills instantly?

I WANNA KNOW!!!!

(im already mind fapping for my mando)

[Afbeelding: banana.gif]
These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie[Afbeelding: banana.gif]

Why you copypasta?
12-05-2012, 06:36 PM | Bericht: #188
s0zage 
(12-05-2012 04:06 PM)mnjcompagnie schreef:  HATE, give us our crazy staby commando joygasm!!!
We want it Big Grin

What is it gonna be?
Insta-knife-kills?
Extend knife range with 50000 meters?
Aimbot for knifes?
MT kills instantly?

I WANNA KNOW!!!!

(im already mind fapping for my mando)

MT insta kill would help snipers too so no.
DONT HELP THE SNIPERS D:
(I probally cant hate snipers anymore since i have like 8hrs of using snipers :C)
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM | Bericht: #189
mnjcompagnie 
yeah, but I could mark them to death!
MUWHAHAHAHA (Max MT = 3 kills MWAHAHAHAHA)

*fap fap fap fap fap*

These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie[Afbeelding: banana.gif]

Why you copypasta?
14-05-2012, 06:38 PM | Bericht: #190
shane123 
i dont really get why there should be a knife buff,
i also play knife with higher lvls and i just dont run into big groups.
Evryone can choose there setup and i can't request a buff if i wanna play dual sr pistols on my soldier and cant kill a group of enemys with it.
IMO if there is a group of ppl working as a team its normal that 1 person has a hard time killing 1

15-05-2012, 07:09 PM | Bericht: #191
cimcime 
knifers have to hit to head to get some good damage.. why?
just make knife 50-70 damage in close range not only headshots
that would be greatest buff for knifers..
cuz gunner and soldiers dont need to aim head but then why knifers must aim?

[Afbeelding: bfhsig.jpg]
15-05-2012, 08:39 PM | Bericht: #192
zZage 
(15-05-2012 07:09 PM)cimcime schreef:  knifers have to hit to head to get some good damage.. why?

I never aim for the head when knifing and i still get 50-70 damage.
It's all about how close you are.
15-05-2012, 09:10 PM | Bericht: #193
cimcime 
(15-05-2012 08:39 PM)zZage schreef:  
(15-05-2012 07:09 PM)cimcime schreef:  knifers have to hit to head to get some good damage.. why?

no man u have to aim head or you will get 28~ damage

[Afbeelding: bfhsig.jpg]
16-05-2012, 09:02 AM | Bericht: #194
Solid Snail 
You're wrong.

BRO DO YOU EVEN HAMMER?

I have a space in my name

16-05-2012, 03:19 PM | Bericht: #195
Papajax 
(04-05-2012 03:14 PM)HATE schreef:  I would post up one of the new features that is under review for commandos - and one that we have already proto-typed.

Awwww man I was excited, thinking maybe it was Zooming in/out feature while in scope view.
16-05-2012, 04:57 PM | Bericht: #196
T3553RACT 
(15-05-2012 09:10 PM)cimcime schreef:  

Stop going off topic!

[Afbeelding: 5]
16-05-2012, 05:35 PM | Bericht: #197
AAnnoo 
(15-05-2012 09:10 PM)cimcime schreef:  no man u have to aim head or you will get 28~ damage

*Salvenius has removed the image due to inappropriate text*

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 01-06-2012 om 01:31 PM door Salvenius..)
16-05-2012, 05:46 PM | Bericht: #198
s0zage 
(15-05-2012 09:10 PM)cimcime schreef:  

My god you're stupid.
It's all about how close you are. [Note zZage is an alt account of me.]
Anyways let's quit going off topic and start suggesting good knifing buffs?
16-05-2012, 05:54 PM | Bericht: #199
A6ekAK 
We(knifers) don't need any buffs to get kills.It's good as it is but Ea should nerf gunner's keg(slow down effect)cause commando is 100% dead after get hitted by keg and gunner has leg it anyway...

Ps.Aiming for the head is stupid, knife does the same damage from front or back, little lower from side and even lower if target is 1.5m from knifer Wink

[Afbeelding: aaari.png]
16-05-2012, 05:56 PM | Bericht: #200
AAnnoo 
(16-05-2012 05:46 PM)s0zage schreef:  Anyways let's quit going off topic and start suggesting good knifing buffs?

(16-05-2012 05:54 PM)A6ekAK schreef:  cause commando is 100% dead after get hitted by keg

*Salvenius has removed the image due to inappropriate text*

Knife doesn´t need buff.

Mandos are not dead if getting hit by keg. Neither slow down kills you nor damage does.

Slow down => Use elixier

Damage: Not high enough to kill you anyways.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 01-06-2012 om 01:31 PM door Salvenius..)

Ga naar locatie:

X
Deze persoon toevoegen aan de vriendenlijst
Deze persoon verwijderen uit de vriendenlijst
/nl/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/nl/ajax/friend