Welkom, gast!

03-03-2012, 12:33 PM | Bericht: #1
Drew 
After reading through SweetName's Dual LR Pistol guide and comparing the MR to the LR. I was curious if anyone had tried/had success with this build?

Some Stat Observations
In short range, both guns are rubbish.
But, SR is only the first 8 meters for the LRP, while for the MRP, it is the first 12 meters.
Though the MR RoF (double that of the LR) makes it by far, out perform the LR dps in SR.

In LR the MRP cannot compete, accuracy being the biggest flounder for it.

But in MR (MRP: 12m -20m) vs (LRP: 8m -18m)
The MR pistol seems to shine.
MRP: 13-15 damage/450 RoF
LRP: 5-11 damage/225 RoF

But it is only an 8m sweetspot for the MRP (A stat I find a little strange for a gun that is suppose to be comfortable in that range).

Now the MRP's optimum range merges with the LRP's optimum range making for what seems to be a nice complimentary build (with MGL for SR).
Which brings us nicely back round to the original question, do these two guns truly compliment each other? Or would I better off just sticking to LR engagements with dual LRP's?

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 12:34 PM door Drew.)
Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 12:36 PM | Bericht: #2
YouJustGotServed 
don't use the mgl, only if your using it for sniper jumps because it's annoying as hell!

[Afbeelding: youjustgotpunkDsig_zps4b72ac8b.png]

Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 12:56 PM | Bericht: #3
speedslash66 
MGl is usefull agaist knifers and MGL jumps, get it

[Afbeelding: 6]
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 12:57 PM | Bericht: #4
Drew 
(03-03-2012 12:36 PM)YouJustGotServed schreef:  don't use the mgl, only if your using it for sniper jumps because it's annoying as hell!

Because TNT, the only other explosive choice, is better? Right...
The MGL is the only choice for a commando, TNT is far too terrible for a commando.

I would be using the MGL for SR engagements and knifer defence.
whether I get the MGL is not in question here. I have a choice to buy dual LRP and leveling my National commando with that, or going for a LR+MR build. I don't really want to buy all 3 guns needed. Yes my Royal has the guns I need to test with, but shy of noob bashing, I would be able to tell if the build works as using it in high level play with out practising will mean I'll just die a lot.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 12:59 PM door Drew.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 01:04 PM | Bericht: #5
SweetName 
(03-03-2012 12:33 PM)Drew schreef:  After reading through SweetName's Dual LR Pistol guide and comparing the MR to the LR. I was curious if anyone had tried/had success with this build?

Some Stat Observations
In short range, both guns are rubbish.
But, SR is only the first 8 meters for the LRP, while for the MRP, it is the first 12 meters.
Though the MR RoF (double that of the LR) makes it by far, out perform the LR dps in SR.

In LR the MRP cannot compete, accuracy being the biggest flounder for it.

But in MR (MRP: 12m -20m) vs (LRP: 8m -18m)
The MR pistol seems to shine.
MRP: 13-15 damage/450 RoF
LRP: 5-11 damage/225 RoF

But it is only an 8m sweetspot for the MRP (A stat I find a little strange for a gun that is suppose to be comfortable in that range).

Now the MRP's optimum range merges with the LRP's optimum range making for what seems to be a nice complimentary build (with MGL for SR).
Which brings us nicely back round to the original question, do these two guns truly compliment each other? Or would I better off just sticking to LR engagements with dual LRP's?

Yes, I've actually done Mr+Lr pistols as well. (I actually have an alt, and that is ALL i play him for.)

Is it fun? heck yeah it is.
Is it effective? Well... sure. (More below)
Is it better than LR+LR? Not in my experience, no.

My experience says that you are MUCH stronger at close range thanks to the MR pistol.

Oddly enough... you're only a little better at medium range. The MR pistol is awesome at medium range... when its hitting. But you WILL run into situations were the enemy is in the sweet spot... but the RNG on the deviation just fails you completely... the sweet spot on damage output doesn't really match the deviation of the gun. (Seriously, that deviation is killer... especially when combined with the low ammo capacity. Just a few misses ruins your whole day.)

and obviously you're worse at long range.

So yeah, they actually complement each other real well.

The real problem is... if you're playing a commando for EFFECTIVNESS... (score/kdr i mean) Then you should be avoiding close range fights regardless... which makes the close advantage of the MR pistol kind of useless most of the time.

(If by effectivness you mean... capping flags? Its a great GREAT build for flag harassment. Thats how I play the MR+LR pistol build personally. Back stomping and flag harassment.)

And, of course, the default MR pistol... just doesn't have the ammo cap to really get the job done. So in my experience its either go uber or go home with the MR pistol.

TLDR: LoL A few days ago I advised someone else to TRY this build... on a "different" BFH forum. Because they wanted something new.

You read my Lr+LR pistol guide... and are in luck, I play Mr+Lr as well Big Grin
I think its worth trying out.
Its a fun build.
But if you want to level fast and/or have good stats? Stick with the LR+LR build.
Want to have a good time, still be useful, and play a rare build? Uber Mr+ LR fills the role nicely.... (MR pistol needs another 3 bullets in the clip, and .2 off the deviation -2 meters off the short range, to be a truly good gun though. /shrug)

[Afbeelding: 2]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 01:12 PM door SweetName.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 01:10 PM | Bericht: #6
Darkasy 
i will say dual lrpistol after the pp got nerfed. lrpistols works really good at midrange, I dual pistol a lot myself. i think you can deal with the close range 1.if you have elixir to get away from a knifer or other kind of soldiers / gunners 2. you can use the mlg to get him bunny jumping 3. this is a little hard but you can lay a troop trap and shot it to get him flying in the air and you can use that as a advantage. (ps sry for bad english)

[Afbeelding: n2bOl3.jpg]
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 01:29 PM | Bericht: #7
Drew 
Thanks SweetName Heart going to go with dual LR pistols then lol.
Might get the MR pistol later on but for now, going to stick with your Dual LP guide.

why do I always read the TL;DR sections after I have read the long version :/
Pointless, but I always do it lol.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 01:31 PM door Drew.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 01:41 PM | Bericht: #8
SweetName 
(03-03-2012 01:29 PM)Drew schreef:  Thanks SweetName Heart going to go with dual LR pistols then lol.
Might get the MR pistol later on but for now, going to stick with your Dual LP guide.

why do I always read the TL;DR sections after I have read the long version :/
Pointless, but I always do it lol.

LoL

My TLDR: sections... they usually have different info regardless Big Grin
(I'm a jerk like that!)

Seriously though... Mr pistol IS fun to use.
If DorianGray was still posting... he'd tell you all about it. (Lord knows he told ME all about it Tongue )

Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 02:21 PM | Bericht: #9
Drew 
After 2 low level rounds on 250/300 ping servers, Dual LR feels pretty powerful against low levels, now only if I can get into a server with a ping less than 150 lol.

It seems to be one of the best builds for a commando in the lower levels. it doesn't need stealth at all and doesn't rely on PS either. It doesn't rely on any abilities.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 02:21 PM door Drew.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 03:59 PM | Bericht: #10
SweetName 
(03-03-2012 02:21 PM)Drew schreef:  After 2 low level rounds on 250/300 ping servers, Dual LR feels pretty powerful against low levels, now only if I can get into a server with a ping less than 150 lol.

It seems to be one of the best builds for a commando in the lower levels. it doesn't need stealth at all and doesn't rely on PS either. It doesn't rely on any abilities.
This ones for you Big Grin

TLDR: Elixer 5 + TT1 and you're pretty much experiencing what 2x LR pistols will be like all the way to 30. MT will give you some great scores... some great fun reading the rage in chat... practically eliminate any threat posed to you by enemy commandos... and really help out an on-the-ball team. Extra points in TT are fun. But TBH elixir 5+TT1 is all a 2x VLR pistol user needs to do well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At higher levels you'll really start needing that elixir... Since its really your only survival tool. (Apart from basic stealth + positioning. Gotta play smarter than the average bear for my 1 stealth 2x LR pistol build to work out.)

MT5 can be VERY handy in the games were you run into a sniper who realizes an unstealthed commando is an easy target. (Not so easy when they're spamming mark, and elixr strafing + pistol spam though Big Grin)

PLus... TT is fun.

But yeah, apart from elixir... you never really feel like you're starved for hero points. Extra ability points are just gravy on top of a high dps/high point gen build.

^Assuming you're following my guide.^ If, instead, you opt for a 5 stealth version. /shrug You read the guide, so you already know what I think about spending points on stealth.
(Then again... I also use rank 1 stealth with my new sniper... so, I guess I'm weird when it comes to commandos.)

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 04:02 PM door SweetName.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 04:02 PM | Bericht: #11
Drew 
I'm getting used to 1 stealth lol (Currently level 5, 1 stealth, 1 MT, 1 elixir).
It's strange trying to get used to 1 stealth after so much reliance on it lol.
I keep forgetting about the massive radius it has.

Edit so not bumping: I just found my biggest enemy. Lag. It can be a right bastard trying to prance about while relying on the accuracy of LRP's and lagging as well lol.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-03-2012 om 04:25 PM door Drew.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 04:57 PM | Bericht: #12
SweetName 
(03-03-2012 04:02 PM)Drew schreef:  I'm getting used to 1 stealth lol (Currently level 5, 1 stealth, 1 MT, 1 elixir).
It's strange trying to get used to 1 stealth after so much reliance on it lol.
I keep forgetting about the massive radius it has.

Edit so not bumping: I just found my biggest enemy. Lag. It can be a right bastard trying to prance about while relying on the accuracy of LRP's and lagging as well lol.

Big Grin Yeah, thats where, from the feedback I've gotten, most people end up failing/quitting on the build.

Rank 1 stealth plays VERY different from rank 5 stealth. Its basically non-existent as a close range tool.

I don't remember if I said it in my guide or not but...

For MOST commandos, stealth is their survival tool, elixir is their travel tool. (Most commandos are wrong about elixir though.)

For the 1 stealth pistoler... Stealth is the TRAVEL tool, elixir is the survival tool. (But, elixier speed + shield + never ending stream of bullets... makes people die. Especially if they're marked... so they're still easy to see through the dust cloud.)

Big Grin Lag sux... but, better fighting lag with a pistol than it is fighting lag with a rifle right?

Reageren op dit bericht
03-03-2012, 07:44 PM | Bericht: #13
.avian. 
I really enjoyed this informative discussion between you guys. It's a nice break from the typical "best knife," "knifer or sniper," and "best rifle" threads that dominate the mando forum.

I expect a Deal of the Day on VLR pistols soon, and when it happens, I'm all over the dual VLR build.
Reageren op dit bericht
04-03-2012, 01:41 AM | Bericht: #14
The_WUUSTER 
To make up for my lack of a MR pistol I've been playing with SR/LR... and heck it's such a nice change from sniping.

[Afbeelding: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schreef:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Reageren op dit bericht
04-03-2012, 03:18 AM | Bericht: #15
orpheus###### 
i really want to try this build when i get back to playing
Reageren op dit bericht
10-05-2012, 08:24 PM | Bericht: #16
s0zage 
(04-03-2012 03:18 AM)orpheus###### schreef:  i really want to try this build when i get back to playing

I just got a 1 day uber MRP so i'm going to try this build soon ill edit my post with feedback.
BTW is your siggy from the song Riot by Three Days Grace?

EDIT : first round VV CTF I went like 10-3 lots of fun constant action but it was weird that lots of soldiers didn't BS me [they had like V ranks and I have IV myself so no bashing] I'm liking the build so far.
2nd round BB : mando limit, why do they exist anyways?just kidding I know snipers are the blame.
3rd round AA HOTH : Got lots of points but a bad KD/R my team lost hard but I still got the highest score of my team with around 2.2K points.
4rth round VV CTF 8 kills lost count of deaths we won 1-0 [captures] 3rd of my team 400 points behind the first of my team.
Gonna quit writing how I did now I obviously did pretty good since my pistol aim isn't anything special.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 10-05-2012 om 09:30 PM door s0zage.)
Reageren op dit bericht
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM | Bericht: #17
cimcime 
I tried..still using sometimes..middle range pistol is awesome I can killl even gunners! it sometimes hits 30
gunner tactik=have to use tt
soldier tactik =use middle range pistol when they use blasting strike press >R< in air then swich to lr bam-bam-bam..while running closer them then use mr pistol to finish .they cant aim you if you are dodging with elixir 5
stealth 5..TT 5.. elixir 5..mark target 1 =too funny build

[Afbeelding: bfhsig.jpg]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 11-05-2012 om 01:22 PM door cimcime.)
Reageren op dit bericht
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM | Bericht: #18
s0zage 
(11-05-2012 01:22 PM)cimcime schreef:  I tried..still using sometimes..middle range pistol is awesome I can killl even gunners! it sometimes hits 30
gunner tactik=have to use tt
soldier tactik =use middle range pistol when they use blasting strike press >R< in air then swich to lr bam-bam-bam..while running closer them then use mr pistol to finish .they cant aim you if you are dodging with elixir 5
stealth 5..TT 5.. elixir 5..mark target 1 =too funny build

I was kind of playing it like an extended range knifing build o.o
It's really fun and pretty effective to be honest.
Reageren op dit bericht
11-05-2012, 11:58 PM | Bericht: #19
The_WUUSTER 
Had a ball with this build, and I use this whenever I'm not sniping.

[Afbeelding: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schreef:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Reageren op dit bericht
12-05-2012, 12:49 AM | Bericht: #20
General.Genius 
Mrp + lrp needs stealth5. The mrp is the opener and you need to get pretty close and empty the clip pretty fast not to miss too many bullets.
Then activate elixir5, throw some mgl nades and back up with lrp. It's very hard and this is not nearly all to it but it's my base tactic.

[Afbeelding: scaled.php?server=860&amp;filename=s...res=medium]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 12-05-2012 om 12:49 AM door General.Genius.)
Reageren op dit bericht

Ga naar locatie:

X
Deze persoon toevoegen aan de vriendenlijst
Deze persoon verwijderen uit de vriendenlijst
/nl/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/nl/ajax/friend