Welkom, gast!

07-10-2009, 07:40 PM | Bericht: #21
ArcEnCiel 
I would LOVE if Piercing Shot was transferred to pistols. That would hit the sweet spot for me.
Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 07:41 PM | Bericht: #22
Greeves 
I think the commando playstyle is fine right now, just that the weapons need to be more in line with the strenghts and weaknesses of other classes. I don't like the run speed or HP adjustments either. If a commando is a dedicated knifer then that might be ok, say giving someone extra HPs for having maxed a knifer skill or something.

[Afbeelding: 3]
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 07:42 PM | Bericht: #23
Kardredren 
(07-10-2009 06:47 PM)UberNat schreef:  6. Piercing Shot
Does not affect Sniper Rifles in any way but gives more damage to the Pistols.

Duration: 5, 5, 6, 6, 7
Damage: +1, +2, +3, +4, +5

I don't like any of your ideas, but your piercing shot made me laugh, you do realise that with the very fast pistol, this would give a potential 180 damage in around 1.5 seconds (12 rounds x 10 damage each + 12 round x 5 bonus damage each)... and that doesn't take critical hits into account either, that's an absurd amount of damage.

[Afbeelding: attachment.php?aid=9181]
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 08:01 PM | Bericht: #24
BongoFury 
Sorry, stupid idea.

[Afbeelding: bongofurysig1.png]
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 08:08 PM | Bericht: #25
DorianGray 
(07-10-2009 07:42 PM)Kardredren schreef:  
(07-10-2009 06:47 PM)UberNat schreef:  6. Piercing Shot
Does not affect Sniper Rifles in any way but gives more damage to the Pistols.

Duration: 5, 5, 6, 6, 7
Damage: +1, +2, +3, +4, +5

I don't like any of your ideas, but your piercing shot made me laugh, you do realise that with the very fast pistol, this would give a potential 180 damage in around 1.5 seconds (12 rounds x 10 damage each + 12 round x 5 bonus damage each)... and that doesn't take critical hits into account either, that's an absurd amount of damage.
Short pistol does good damage in basically knife range. Would you prefer it be from accorss the map like it is now to do that kinda damage or right in your face?

Not to mention you can't miss any of those bullets to do the good damage.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 07-10-2009 om 08:08 PM door DorianGray.)
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 08:20 PM | Bericht: #26
infernox 
(07-10-2009 07:04 PM)Micepudding schreef:  i didnt miss the point at all. i wouldnt be running with people if i had 12 seconds at most before everyone could se me. i wouldnt even try to cap a flag if i knew that all of a sudden i'd be visible, and trying to fight off a gunner with either my knife or a pistol Tongue i'd be caming on the furthest point away from the fighting and usibn the stealth to run somewhere else if anyone noticed me there Tongue

i think thats wat a commando should be doing in the first place.

if poison blade had a hp drain effect it could be alot better. lets say u get 1/3 of the damage u deal. so u knife a gunner and u get 50 health back. its not easy to knife a gunner (if they r any good) so it could make it a bit more fair.

De website van deze gebruiker bezoeken Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 08:27 PM | Bericht: #27
UberNat 
(07-10-2009 08:08 PM)DorianGray schreef:  Short pistol does good damage in basically knife range. Would you prefer it be from accorss the map like it is now to do that kinda damage or right in your face?

This.

Also staying in this short range is relatively HARD. Soldiers have BS and Gunners - Leg it. And that pistol has basically 4 bullets when it comes to shooting.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 07-10-2009 om 09:03 PM door UberNat.)
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 08:34 PM | Bericht: #28
Kardredren 
(07-10-2009 08:08 PM)DorianGray schreef:  Short pistol does good damage in basically knife range. Would you prefer it be from accorss the map like it is now to do that kinda damage or right in your face?

And that's my point, with the suggested pistol PS change, why take a dagger when you can take the very fast pistol and do much better damage with it? I'm not talking about doing damage across the map, I'm talking about sneaking up on someone and laying off a potential 180 damage in less than the time it takes to take 2 swings of the dagger.

edit: lol sure, move the topic the very SECOND after I made a post... talk about confusing Tongue Nice idea with the classes sections though Big Grin

[Afbeelding: attachment.php?aid=9181]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 07-10-2009 om 08:45 PM door Kardredren.)
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 10:08 PM | Bericht: #29
WetLampShade 
A commando buff? Perfectly logical. I mean, they aren't strong enough and it's not like they kill other classes in 2 hits or anything. Commandos should be completely invisible the whole time, even when they fire, amirite? PERFECT IDEA DOOD.

[Afbeelding: 17]

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 07-10-2009 om 10:10 PM door WetLampShade.)
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 11:04 PM | Bericht: #30
UberNat 
(07-10-2009 10:08 PM)WetLampShade schreef:  A commando buff? Perfectly logical. I mean, they aren't strong enough and it's not like they kill other classes in 2 hits or anything. Commandos should be completely invisible the whole time, even when they fire, amirite? PERFECT IDEA DOOD.

Hahhahaha, seriously, you made my day Big Grin I would never think about commenting the thread I wasn't even reading and yet there are people like that, hahaha Big Grin Go back to the school, learn to read, come back here, comment my posts DOOD.

And I was the one accused of trolling Big Grin Dude, you are awesome.
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 11:42 PM | Bericht: #31
Ultim 
i love my commando, but i've never really liked the stealth skill all that much. bein able to sneak around completely undetected really kills the fun of tryin to use the terrain to your advantage. i understand that it's there for knife users, cuz it's hard to sneak up on other people and knife them. but i think having a time limit for stealth is great for that purpose. personally i think stealth should be taken out completely.. elixir should have more of a shield effect, so people who use knives can close the distance gap without worry of gettin slaughtered in the process. you don't really need a boost in their base speed, i would just boost the speed of elixir instead. just move the reliance from stealth to elixir for knifers and stealth ability doesn't really need to exist.
Reageren op dit bericht
07-10-2009, 11:58 PM | Bericht: #32
UberNat 
(07-10-2009 11:42 PM)Ultim schreef:  you don't really need a boost in their base speed, i would just boost the speed of elixir instead.
I included that boost to base speed because of one reason. Simply, Elixir just isn't enough to counter BS or Leg It. Guy spot you after your first hit, then u use Elixir to catch him and dude just BS you away or use Leg It and your Elixir is of no use because of that short duration.

I'm absolutely fine that Gunner kills knife-users with his high HP, Shield and Leg it. He was meant to be short range king. But that BS simply kills any chances to kill a Soldier stabby Commando has.

Also BS kills Gunners since they cannot close the distance either lol...
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 08-10-2009 om 12:00 AM door UberNat.)
Reageren op dit bericht
08-10-2009, 05:16 AM | Bericht: #33
zotx 
number 6 is really bad unless they gave all players a pistol because if you diddent have one what would it do (NOTHING!)
Reageren op dit bericht
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM | Bericht: #34
Kinderegg 
I just want to bump this because i love the overall idea.

ALthoguh, keep the health at 80 and keep the stealth the same.
I'm hoping that snipers become the secondary weapon, not the primary.
And to possibly add more varients of knives.

[Afbeelding: w7c70p.png]
De website van deze gebruiker bezoeken Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
08-10-2009, 04:59 PM | Bericht: #35
armorone 
Well,that's a good idea to make the commando more powerful[especially versus the gunner]but I think
100 HP
knife with critical damange to head
+10 damange with troop trap [It's my second best ability,the first is the stealth]
+30%damange when you come from their back
Is enought.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 08-10-2009 om 05:02 PM door armorone.)
Reageren op dit bericht
08-10-2009, 05:04 PM | Bericht: #36
HATE
Your sugestions create more opportunities for commandos to craft 'win' scenarios for themselves; which is not really the method behind the madness of Heroes gameplay.

Mark target is being slightly retooled to be more useful for those who spend more than 1 point in it.

I have mentioned in other threads that we are currently looking at ways to give the stabby role more flavor.

Piercing shot issues and Rifle balance are also high priorities right now.

[Afbeelding: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
Reageren op dit bericht
08-10-2009, 07:42 PM | Bericht: #37
UberNat 
HATE, I do see your point about win scenarios. I definitely don't want overall buff of the Commando class. My ideas would need some tweaking but general idea is that this class would be more similar to others.

I pretty much like the current state of Commando. But. I see a lot of 'crying' about two things:

1.Commando has first shot.
2.Commando kills in 1 second, giving no chance to react.

These are 2 most hated things about this class. With changes I proposed we possibly could get rid of them and balance this game maybe.

Commando class has already more than enough 'win scenarios'. With these changes we would balance (nerf) his long range attacks (lower overall dmg) but buff short range attacks. Fair trade if you ask me. After all the picture for this class shows the knife and also description is smth about 'sneaky attacks'. Right now having 2 sniper rifles is sadly the best choice.

My vision is something like:
Commando run in a group with other soldiers. He is visible (but has more HP) and uses knife or pistol (or both). He 'team play' more with them. Then he notices alone enemy. He sneakily follows the victim (using terrain like VV's/RR's houses) and in the last stage use timed stealth which gives 100% invisibility. Then he perform sneaky attack and quickly kills his enemy (or die due to lack of skill Big Grin). If he wants to attack from the distance, he can still do it but the enemy has more time to react (right now they just drop dead before realizing something is wrong with their health bar).

Stealth would need some tweaking like 'double duration if you activate it while wielding the knife but it breaks if you change your weapon to the rifle'.

People complain about my Stealth idea. I understand it but look at it. Right now Stealth is must have for us because we are dead in no time without it. On the other hand people complain that Commando is invisible all the time. Simple change would fix both things. More HP means we can be more like Soldier/Gunner and depend less on Stealth. Also remember that now, being visible, we die mostly to who? Yes - to the other Commando. Not the Soldier/Gunner since we can avoid them if we need. If you have more HP and sniper's damage is decreased then we can have time to react (like, use Elixir or Stealth 'panic' button). Stealth wouldn't be 'must have' anymore. Also if you don't have to be invisible whole time means you can cap the flags for example ;o Right now Commandos don't do it tbh...

I see these changes would balance this class. I hope so.

I'm aware you DICE guys will not change playstyle THAT drastically but please just look at it and see my points.

Also HATE, if we talk about stabby role. Please note that general bad things about knifing are these:

1. Damage done has too much variation. You can fail your attacks even if you do everything perfect.
2. There are just too many counters to stabby Commandos (BS is probably the most 'unfair'). Or way to less things which helps them. Like Elixir which is useless if your enemy used BS/Leg it. Simply they can counter you easily but you are not able to kill them equally easy. That's not fair.

Sorry if you can't understand 'my' english Tongue

edit: HATE, please remember also that Poison Blade pretty much sucks because while using it there is no possibility to catch up your enemy. People just don't want to take that skill because it only helps to score 1 hit. Or 2 maybe if enemy isn't any good. Elixir > PB, because you can hit more. But than again BS and leg it > Elixir. Meh.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 08-10-2009 om 08:24 PM door UberNat.)
Reageren op dit bericht
08-10-2009, 09:00 PM | Bericht: #38
DerMooo 
Don't know if its the right place, but i have a suggestion about MT.
Would be useful/funny if, when "hit" by a lvl 4 or 5 MT, a bright ball of light or somtehing like that will appear above your head Smile
So the enemies can see where you are Smile

[Afbeelding: sigpart1.jpg]
[Afbeelding: sigpart2.jpg]
[Afbeelding: sigpart3.jpg]

Currently posting too much smileys... forgive me!
Reageren op dit bericht
09-10-2009, 06:11 PM | Bericht: #39
XERTYO 
i have a lvl 10 commando i think that knfes should be stronger than they are now and also check out my clan i will say yes to every thing thanks for reading this

[Afbeelding: 6]
Reageren op dit bericht
09-10-2009, 07:45 PM | Bericht: #40
Mindstab 
A Permanent 100% Stealth at Rank 5, i lol'd hard

[Afbeelding: 2]
Reageren op dit bericht

Ga naar locatie:

X
Deze persoon toevoegen aan de vriendenlijst