Welkom, gast!

29-03-2012, 06:02 PM | Bericht: #41
FlaSh[b]aCk 
(29-03-2012 05:26 PM)T3553RACT schreef:  My eyes are bleeding from all this quoting >.<

Welcome to the fun part of the forum where actuall discussion take place.

[Afbeelding: S0J7tIl.png]

Sig made by Tpang ||The Starlads; we're all gay in here!

Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
29-03-2012, 07:50 PM | Bericht: #42
The_WUUSTER 
(29-03-2012 03:48 PM)FlaSh[b]aCk schreef:  
(29-03-2012 12:34 PM)CFoss schreef:  As to your Elixir argument, first your math is off since you cannot get rid of the Level 1 Stealth ability,

Dude. You gain one HP every even level.

Count for yourself.

Also, a commando should be staying fighting after he's popped stealth and killed someone. A successful commando must hit and leave.
A scoped in sniper is a sitting duck, a knifer that has blown all his abilities is a sitting duck. The only style of play that allows for sustained damage and sitll being able to neglect noticable damage taken is dual LRP. And I'd rather stick with that than using one SMG and a sniper. It's more effective.

I don't see how yo ucan sync an SMG with any of a commando's abilitie's to be completely honest.

At level 30, you have 15 HP, plus the 1 standard HP you have in Stealth, HS, or CM.

[Afbeelding: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schreef:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Reageren op dit bericht
30-03-2012, 05:05 AM | Bericht: #43
SweetName 
I...

But your argument doesn't make an...

Know what?

I'm staying out of this one.

[Afbeelding: 2]
Reageren op dit bericht
30-03-2012, 06:36 AM | Bericht: #44
AverageDaniel 
Yea, let's completely blur out all the lines between the classes, to the point where the only options you have when making a new hero is "The one with 80 HP, the one with 110, or the one with 150?".

(30-03-2012 05:05 AM)SweetName schreef:  Know what?

By all means, go ahead

[Afbeelding: lDJVGYJ.gif]
Reageren op dit bericht
30-03-2012, 11:29 PM | Bericht: #45
CFoss 
(30-03-2012 06:36 AM)AverageDaniel schreef:  Yea, let's completely blur out all the lines between the classes, to the point where the only options you have when making a new hero is "The one with 80 HP, the one with 110, or the one with 150?".

By all means, go ahead

You know, if you want to be insulting, fine, but the fact remains that Commandoes are the only class still restricted to their original concept. It is not possible to argue that the other two classes are not at least as effective in long range, and better in any case where the Commando isn't attacking from surprise in short range.

Based on those facts, I'd say the classes are already "blurred". That being the case, why not admit that the difference is in Abilities and level the playing field in terms of basic combat capability?
Reageren op dit bericht
31-03-2012, 12:32 AM | Bericht: #46
WorldBosh 
Asking for SMGs on a commando is, as almost everyone else said, just like asking for snipers on a gunner. Commandos are meant to operate at very long and very short ranges and meant to attack and kill quickly with little threat to their own person. Fully automatic weapons are meant for fire-fights, which is exactly a commando should be avoiding. Some commandos have decided to go for a more "extreme" approach to a commando's lack of mid-ranged combat ability which is Dual LRPs, and while everyone understands your argument that Dual LRPs actually require some HPs to be pulled off properly, LRPs actually require less HPs than both the knife/snipe builds. On a side note, if you can kill a sniper with a LR SMG or LRP, then the sniper is dirt since snipers are -surprise surpise-actually meant to excel at very long ranged fights.

(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 31-03-2012 om 12:33 AM door WorldBosh.)
Reageren op dit bericht
31-03-2012, 12:52 AM | Bericht: #47
The_WUUSTER 
Idk about this, but SMG's are unique to the soldier. If you give SMG's to commandos, what unique weapon does the soldier have? Grenade?

(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin schreef:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
Reageren op dit bericht
31-03-2012, 01:12 AM | Bericht: #48
WorldBosh 
(31-03-2012 12:52 AM)The_WUUSTER schreef:  Idk about this, but SMG's are unique to the soldier. If you give SMG's to commandos, what unique weapon does the soldier have? Grenade?

If you're talking about unique weapons, commandos have snipers and knives, but hes asking to generally give commandos the ability to enter fire-fights with soldiers/gunners and be able to live, which essentially destroys the general function of commandos.

Reageren op dit bericht
31-03-2012, 01:35 AM | Bericht: #49
iiTz_xTaKtIcZx 
you could just give the micro smg a bigger clip and a bit slower fire rate. there problem solved.

[Afbeelding: 22]
Reageren op dit bericht
31-03-2012, 01:46 AM | Bericht: #50
The_WUUSTER 
(31-03-2012 01:12 AM)WorldBosh schreef:  
(31-03-2012 12:52 AM)The_WUUSTER schreef:  Idk about this, but SMG's are unique to the soldier. If you give SMG's to commandos, what unique weapon does the soldier have? Grenade?

If you're talking about unique weapons, commandos have snipers and knives, but hes asking to generally give commandos the ability to enter fire-fights with soldiers/gunners and be able to live, which essentially destroys the general function of commandos.

That gave me a thought of gunners with Stealth :3

Reageren op dit bericht
31-03-2012, 08:55 AM | Bericht: #51
AverageDaniel 
(30-03-2012 11:29 PM)CFoss schreef:  
(30-03-2012 06:36 AM)AverageDaniel schreef:  Yea, let's completely blur out all the lines between the classes, to the point where the only options you have when making a new hero is "The one with 80 HP, the one with 110, or the one with 150?".

By all means, go ahead

You know, if you want to be insulting, fine, but the fact remains that Commandoes are the only class still restricted to their original concept. It is not possible to argue that the other two classes are not at least as effective in long range, and better in any case where the Commando isn't attacking from surprise in short range.

Based on those facts, I'd say the classes are already "blurred". That being the case, why not admit that the difference is in Abilities and level the playing field in terms of basic combat capability?

Calling out your idea on it's flaws isn't an attack on you as a person, and if you took it as an insult then I'm sorry.

When you say "restricted to their original concept" you make it sound like there is only one playstyle for a commando, while I'd argue that there is much more opportunity for "weird" and original playstyles for this particular class compared to the other two. (Although the ability to use dual MRP's shouldn't be confused with versatility or effectiveness.)

I'm unsure as to what really makes you think that commandos are being pigeon-holed into using one particular setup, when it's quite obvious (to me, at least), that an arsenal ranging from melee weapons to sniper rifles will make for many, many more options when it comes to setups, than a gunner's pirate pistol ever will.

[Afbeelding: lDJVGYJ.gif]
Reageren op dit bericht
03-05-2012, 08:34 PM | Bericht: #52
CFoss 
deleted
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 03-05-2012 om 08:35 PM door CFoss.)
Reageren op dit bericht
03-05-2012, 08:38 PM | Bericht: #53
s0zage 
(25-03-2012 05:48 PM)CFoss schreef:  * Soldiers and gunners share the shotgun as a weapon. It is reasonable that soldiers and commandoes should share the SMG.

Soldiers and Commandos share pistols.
Reageren op dit bericht
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM | Bericht: #54
s0zage 
(28-03-2012 05:56 PM)CFoss schreef:  I will concede this point, but I would counter that it still relies on Stealth to be successful. In every case, your arguments depend on a ability that has a significant refresh time, where as my primary reason for wanting the SMG as a choice of weaponry is FOR that time where the Commando does not have access to Stealth.

Most Commandos use the long range pistol [usually with elixer] for that and apparently it works so good that some Commandos decided to leave stealth on 1 and use 2 long range pistols and I wouldn't call 13 seconds a significant refresh time.
Reageren op dit bericht
04-05-2012, 02:16 AM | Bericht: #55
stryker: 
I only agree with the point mandos need a DECENT full-auto gun. Like a 20 round micro smg with , short range, and a rate of fire thats slow enough so it doesn't waste all of it's ammo in two seconds.

[Afbeelding: NirdP.png]
(31-03-2013 07:01 AM)skata123 schreef:  Tomonor is a bad astronaut.
Reageren op dit bericht
06-05-2012, 01:17 AM | Bericht: #56
DangerDolly 
Bwahahahah best thing I've ever heard, can't stop laughing! Why not give the mandos 150 HP like a Gunner + Combat Medicine when you're at it?

Srsly though, the mandos share the pistols with soldiers. Enough.

[Afbeelding: f51u7c.png]
Thanks to HoBoMann2212 for creating my signature!
Reageren op dit bericht
06-05-2012, 04:22 AM | Bericht: #57
epicchickengod 
You make close beta players look bad.

+1 for the Open Beta!

[Afbeelding: u24jr.png]
Yugioh anyone? DuelingNetwork Username is Epicchickengod
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
Reageren op dit bericht
08-05-2012, 08:36 PM | Bericht: #58
Geels1 
(25-03-2012 06:05 PM)Blandish schreef:  I want my soldier to have RPGs so I can blow tanks, oh yeah , giving my commando a cheeser would be awesome too. Did I mention the knife for my gunner?

you forgot that you want your mando to have 150 hp Big Grin

[Afbeelding: 4]
Reageren op dit bericht
19-05-2012, 10:25 PM | Bericht: #59
Tappajahai 
nope.
instead take "pistols" out. and grenade launcher, wtf is commando going to use that?
knifes more powerful
Reageren op dit bericht

Ga naar locatie:

X
Deze persoon toevoegen aan de vriendenlijst
Deze persoon verwijderen uit de vriendenlijst
/nl/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/nl/ajax/friend