Welkom, gast!

22-09-2011, 07:27 AM | Bericht: #1
HATE Go to next important person...
It was pointed out that I am being especially active in only one thread.

So to prevent that thread from being "The place to ask a dev something"

General Commando discussion here please.

There was a question about changing mark target - In general I think mark does it's job very well. I have interest in adding new dimension to all commando abilities; however the method for achieving that is still very much in the theory stage right now.

[Afbeelding: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 07:38 AM | Bericht: #2
no_super
(22-09-2011 07:27 AM)HATE schreef:  It was pointed out that I am being especially active in only one thread.

So to prevent that thread from being "The place to ask a dev something"

General Commando discussion here please.

There was a question about changing mark target - In general I think mark does it's job very well. I have interest in adding new dimension to all commando abilities; however the method for achieving that is still very much in the theory stage right now.

any chance there can be some balancing done with the rifles yet again?
particularly when used with PS...

IMO pistol mando is the most fun if you choose to play mando, any ideas floating around that can include some ablility mix with pistols?

and speaking of pistols, will the gunner keep its access to the pirate pistol? if so, can the mando grab that new shotty? it wouldnt be overpowered at all on a mando i dont think, but would add some "class" to the mando class.
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 07:41 AM | Bericht: #3
HATE Go to next important person...
Interesting question on the shotgun - honestly had not considered that as the pirate pistol is a very special case that I am still less than pleased that I let myself be talked into. Smile

But - shotgun - mando - will think about it.

Pistol abilities - Overall I would like to see every class get new abilities and raise the level cap.

[Afbeelding: attachment.php?attachhash=de37a2aa548e13...mp;amp;c=1]

EAsy Studio Lead Designer

"X New thing will be awesome! Sadly X new thing will not be in the next patchBlush"

"Can I has attack squirrels now Heart?"
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 09:49 AM | Bericht: #4
bhtest 
Not really sure how to solve it, but the most annoying combo for a mando for me is maxed out PS and a fast rifle. You simply don't have time to react.

As for giving the mando the new shotgun... I don't think i would like to get assaulted by a stealthed mando with PP and the assault shotgun. Two rapid shots out of stealth, and you're basically done for...
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 11:47 AM | Bericht: #5
Gimmella 
rifle are good now, only zoom lag (memory leach?) is the problem of this class, sometimes is very annoying.

1 thing should be nerfed is the damage of the VRL pistol from a close range. I mean, when I use the SR fast pistol and I aim distant I make +1,+2 damage, or something like that, and when I aim close with the VRL one I make +8,+12.... and it is not balanced IMO.

VRL pistol should make damage in the medium and long range, not close..

Another think should be revised is elixir, makes commandos too fast, I would slow it down a bit.

New features? Shotguns? Naaaah, you have uzis, pirate pistols, tons of weapons to use. Maybe something about mark, for example when you mark someone that your team mates kill you keep 10HP instead of 10 points. Would be very useful, expecially for non-widgets users like me.

Cheers

[Afbeelding: adaaadc.png]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 22-09-2011 om 11:48 AM door Gimmella.)
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 02:23 PM | Bericht: #6
Mastermando 
bhtest what your asking is like asking to lower the gunners health because u have a hard time killing him, not our fault u dont know how to counter the fast sniper please learn to play and get more skilled before u say something like that.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 22-09-2011 om 02:24 PM door Mastermando.)
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 02:36 PM | Bericht: #7
bhtest 
Wait, what? I don't have any problems with dealing with commandos, thank you. It's just that Piercing Shot combined with a sniper rifle is very (maybe too?) powerful. In case you did not notice, I'm just giving a personal opinion. I am not whining to NERF PS and all rifles asap.

Maybe you should learn to read and get more skilled in typing decent answers before saying something like that.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 22-09-2011 om 02:39 PM door bhtest.)
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 04:55 PM | Bericht: #8
Frenchyfry 
Give shotty to mandos... it would make up for the terrible decision to give PP to gunners.

Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 04:57 PM | Bericht: #9
MadnesWTF 
mark target is great ability , dont change it , its only way to keep down enemy comandos and be help for your team ( because knowing the location of those damn ninka comandos its more than nice help Smile )

pistol ability - should be commando only ? or for soldier and commando ?
i dont think we need another piercing bulet , because imagine PS boost 2 dmg to each shot for next 4 sec and that delivered with SR pistol (15 bulets = 30 extra dmg )

must be something totaly diferent , fast reload or dunno

[Afbeelding: 1]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 22-09-2011 om 04:58 PM door MadnesWTF.)
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 05:37 PM | Bericht: #10
CrySpy 
Commando with shotgun? I'm not taking a liking in that idea.
Mando is more about being sneaking, sniping and/or dealing precice and surgical strikes.

[Afbeelding: 6650986.png]

Forum rules!
Forum FAQs! How to report! Epic win! Signature rules! User fixes!

I was a community moderator, not an official EA representative

De website van deze gebruiker bezoeken Alle berichten van deze gebruiker zoeken
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 06:06 PM | Bericht: #11
Solid Snail 
Since we got knife/srpistol, i dont see the usefullness of the shotty.

Except from annoying the gunners.

Ok i see it now.

BRO DO YOU EVEN HAMMER?

I have a space in my name

Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 06:27 PM | Bericht: #12
DeltaForce00
Change Poison Blade.

As of now this skill poses little use to a knifer, because the damage over time starts 2 seconds after the hit – a good knifer eliminates his target in this time.

Suggestion: Change the damage over time to a slowing effect, which helps the knifer directly to kill his target.
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 06:29 PM | Bericht: #13
XIIIzFin 
Nerf Ps and give the shotgun to the mando.
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 06:31 PM | Bericht: #14
dajurgen 
sr pistol range should be increased IMO.

Dead game
Reageren op dit bericht
22-09-2011, 07:19 PM | Bericht: #15
Skanomodu 
(22-09-2011 04:57 PM)MadnesWTF schreef:  mark target is great ability , dont change it , its only way to keep down enemy comandos and be help for your team ( because knowing the location of those damn ninka comandos its more than nice help Smile )

I really hate the way MT is now. It only hurts commando´s, the other two classes have little to no loss to getting marked. I just don't think that's fair.

About the shotguns, I don't think giving other classes weapons they're not supposed to have is an solution to the PP for gunners, it might make things even worse.And a shotgun is just not stealthy, at all.

I really do like the idea of an pistol ability for commando's. Although I can't really think of something that would be cool and make sense atm. *thinks hard*
Alright ,this is just an idea;
What about something that increases your damage per hit for a certain time? So: First hit normal damage; second hit normal damage +(Insert reasonable amount here, sr pistol gets the bonus per bursts.) Third hit even more damage etc. And if you miss it resets. This would make you concentrate more and try to hit every single bullet instead of just spamming your left mouse. ( I would probably be really bad at it, but whatever ;P)

Or something more cool than just a damage bonus Tongue but I can´t think of anything right now.
Edit: The second I closed my browser to actually play the game instead of reading the forums all evening, I thought of this extremely annoying ability for the pistol: Shocking Bullets! Charge your bullets with electricity and shock your enemy!
When you're hit by a shocking bullet(Each bullet hit gives a little shock) you're aiming cursor thingy will slightly move up(or in a random direction?) and well, aiming will be a bit harder for you!

[Afbeelding: 11l31is.png]
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 22-09-2011 om 07:41 PM door Skanomodu.)
Reageren op dit bericht
23-09-2011, 02:41 AM | Bericht: #16
Frenchyfry 
(22-09-2011 05:37 PM)CrySpy schreef:  Commando with shotgun? I'm not taking a liking in that idea.
Mando is more about being sneaking, sniping and/or dealing precice and surgical strikes.

Gunner with extremely accurate, high-damage pistol? I'm not taking a liking in that idea.
Gunner is more about ramboing and being strong in close combat, not sniping.

Reageren op dit bericht
23-09-2011, 02:49 AM | Bericht: #17
Volcomskatr2 
Lol frenchy true that.

But I still like my Pirate pistol. Tongue

[Afbeelding: 14217_s.gif]
[Afbeelding: 96hov6.png]
Reageren op dit bericht
23-09-2011, 02:59 AM | Bericht: #18
Hanz787 
(22-09-2011 07:41 AM)HATE schreef:  Overall I would like to see every class get new abilities and raise the level cap.

I like the idea of finally raising the level caps and new abilities, but how about abilities that counter or limit other abilities such as Burning Bullets, Poison Blade, Keg, IEG, Troop Trap, Marked Target, Blasting Strike, Piercing Shot, etc. This may allow the idea of stamina to return to the game.

For example, a hero could level anti burning bullets. Rather than taking maximum damage from burning bullets, my stamina could take a portion of the hit rather than my health. The higher level of anti burning bullets I have the less stamina that is absorbed.

On topic, my only complaint with MT is the inconsistency. Perhaps if it originated from the head rather than the feet. Having to jump over an obstacle or minor bump in the ground is annoying. There are times when I walk near a stealthed commando and I quickly turn the direction they are and MT still misses. Perhaps I don't fully understand how to use this ability.

[Afbeelding: Signature.png]
Reageren op dit bericht
23-09-2011, 03:04 AM | Bericht: #19
Lennna 
(22-09-2011 09:49 AM)bhtest schreef:  As for giving the mando the new shotgun... I don't think i would like to get assaulted by a stealthed mando with PP and the assault shotgun. Two rapid shots out of stealth, and you're basically done for...
This. Giving the shotgun to mandos will break the game even more than the Pirate Pistol already did.

What do you want to add for pistols? Like Piercing Shot that will also work for those? Would be nonstop Pistol straving and spraying + insane damage. I don't think that will help anybody.

The commando needs to get a "team ability". Something besides MT imo.

[Afbeelding: 11490169.png]

Reageren op dit bericht
23-09-2011, 03:11 AM | Bericht: #20
XXXKruszakus
Gunners should never have gotten the access to PP. It's just way too OP, even more so than dual LR shotguns.

Having the ability to take way over half the HP of mandos and soldiers in one accurate shot? Makes it really unpleasant for mandos. But they kinda deserve a hard time because of their unbalanced weapons and abilities.

Super Knives are way too OP - sometimes I'm sure I'm out of range of a knifer, but I still get stabbed to death. You might as well change skin to a one that will resemble a freaking katana, cause that's how rangy this buterknife is.

Poison effect on TT should be shortened - it really slows down the pace of the game when you need to heal up, and you can't cause of stupid poison.

PS level 5 is way too OP - this needs nerfing.

I think Taste has a good idea - ability for pistols for mandos. Ability for shotties for gunners, maybe something in-between for soldiers to mediate between those weapons? I dunno.

Raising level cap would be drastic, and actually - really interesting, but you would have to tamper with the possible choices for abilities... I mean, a soldier with lvl 5 BB, BS and GS would be really annoying.
(Dit bericht is het laatst bewerkt op 23-09-2011 om 03:17 AM door XXXKruszakus.)
Reageren op dit bericht

Ga naar locatie:

X
Deze persoon toevoegen aan de vriendenlijst
Deze persoon verwijderen uit de vriendenlijst
/nl/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/nl/ajax/friend