Hello There, Guest!

05-10-2009, 01:53 AM | Post: #1
Ramoni3D  Go to next important person...
Ok so I've seen a lot of people with questions regarding the server rental and admin possibilities.

So I figured this thread might help a few people. Ask any question you have regarding server rental and administration and I'll do my best to answer them. Smile

PS you can find our FAQ here.

ShadeShooter Reminder: This is for ALL general server questions and worries. If you have a specific question to ask a provider or help with a specific provider then please go to their site and seek support, all sites to our providers can be found here

http://www.i3d.net - Official Ranked Server Provider for the Battlefield series. (This post was last modified: 14-10-2009 05:14 PM by ShadeShooter.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2009, 02:03 AM | Post: #2
Essaidi 
Us who has pre-ordered servers will we be able to have a front image on the loading server screen, i think this is a pretty importent factor, when i look at all the other games i played (with rentable servers) i often see that the game has a space like this to offer for the Admins of the server like fx. i could make a awesome battlefield heroe's clan logo in it with some server rules and stuff?

cause i think its a wierd way of showing your custommers that you are thankfull that they support your game and then use the 80% of the loading screen on ad's on (my) server, and then give me a 2 cm high box to put my server rules in and stuff... (i know its not your fault Ramon its EA/DICE just want to know.)

well i wantet to ask if this will be able for us? and what dose the rest of you server renters think?

[Image: clan-1.jpg]

[Image: Banner-Campy-camp.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 02:03 AM by Essaidi.)
05-10-2009, 11:33 AM | Post: #3
Ramoni3D 
That big square is reserved by EA for advertizements. The only thing you can change is the banner where it now says "hosted by"

http://www.i3d.net - Official Ranked Server Provider for the Battlefield series.
05-10-2009, 11:35 AM | Post: #4
Bommer 
Is it possible to allow a maximum of lets say commando's on your server?
Can you tweak the files so (unranked ofcourse) that you can run faster? Less gravity of some sort?

This way, you can create a funserver

(22-12-2009 07:46 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Any conspiracy theories I'm afraid are just that, theories.
05-10-2009, 11:37 AM | Post: #5
Reflax 
good post ramon Tongue this 1 deserves a stickie 2 right?Tongue

[Image: 5]

05-10-2009, 11:38 AM | Post: #6
Essaidi 
(05-10-2009 11:33 AM)Ramoni3D Wrote:  That big square is reserved by EA for advertizements. The only thing you can change is the banner where it now says "hosted by"

okey... i think its a wierd way they show that they are thankfull for their costumers, don't know how long i will keep the server when ppl can't even see the rules

well will there be anyother way that ppl can see the rules they have to follow?

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 11:39 AM by Essaidi.)
05-10-2009, 11:41 AM | Post: #7
Lichelek 
(05-10-2009 11:35 AM)Bommer Wrote:  Is it possible to allow a maximum of lets say commando's on your server?
Can you tweak the files so (unranked ofcourse) that you can run faster? Less gravity of some sort?

This way, you can create a funserver

i really do hope NOT. These costums servers *ahem* up the Whole UT gameplay and TF2 eather...
those who played TF2 can remember: Donate to the server and get "Premium" account so you get legal hacks.

I really hope Server admins don't have any rights beside kick/ban ppl. No limitiations/No weapon ban/No etc etc which is different from the general gameplay which DICE created.

The commandos are Irritating yes. But limit their numbers per server must be a joke...

[Image: 2]

1BumbleBee Wrote:  oh and im not a total noob i do know the anti sniper dance

ddasdwasawwwasddwsaswddsaaaadwddssaaas seee
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 12:34 PM by ShadeShooter.)
05-10-2009, 11:43 AM | Post: #8
Bommer 
@lich: I really don't see why you wouldnt want these kind of servers?
You can avoid them if you want. I am a clanleader of a clan that is based on fun. So i would like a fun server. That it becomes a unranked server i dont mind.

(22-12-2009 07:46 PM)BenCousins Wrote:  Any conspiracy theories I'm afraid are just that, theories.
05-10-2009, 11:47 AM | Post: #9
Dende75 
Is it possible to allow a maximum of lets say commando's on your server?

Am i allowed, to change the map rotation lik 3*vv 2*rr 1*cc ?

Am i allowed, to list more than 8 vip Slots for my (example) national friends ?

[Image: fhf3.png]
[Image: fhf2.png]
[Image: fhf1.png]

proud member of the fHF (fighting Hellfish) Clan!
05-10-2009, 11:49 AM | Post: #10
Lichelek 
(05-10-2009 11:43 AM)Bommer Wrote:  @lich: I really don't see why you wouldnt want these kind of servers?
You can avoid them if you want. I am a clanleader of a clan that is based on fun. So i would like a fun server. That it becomes a unranked server i dont mind.

it bothers me since there isn't a server list where i can see these modified servers. it's hard to avoid them... Make your server passworded then. Your clan can fool then as much as you can without giving others a headache.

[Image: 2]

1BumbleBee Wrote:  oh and im not a total noob i do know the anti sniper dance

ddasdwasawwwasddwsaswddsaaaadwddssaaas seee
05-10-2009, 12:30 PM | Post: #11
NinjaOne 
@Lich im sure any servers like that (if its even possible, which i doubt) will not be placed in the normal matchmaking system.

GameOfDeath Wrote:Cheats code guide At top of evey page(thort u were getting rid of cheaters!!
Epic Phail. Sleepy
05-10-2009, 12:57 PM | Post: #12
aa1 
Okay, lets do it the easy way;

1. Are we allowed to change the server files?
2. Are we allowed to ban people?
3. Will that be of any effect on other servers? So if we ban he is not welcome anywhere.
4. Wil there be a bundle with a teamspeak server to save lotsa money?

HeartThe first and only fun server, get randomly kicked!Heart

Pas the blaim and don't blaim me!

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list.
05-10-2009, 12:59 PM | Post: #13
Essaidi 
(05-10-2009 12:57 PM)aa1 Wrote:  Okay, lets do it the easy way;

3. Will that be of any effect on other servers? So if we ban he is not welcome anywhere.

i think nr.4 is on their website Smile

05-10-2009, 12:59 PM | Post: #14
Reflax 

i can answer this questions Tongue !

probably you will
yes
a ban will be only on the server where he get banned.
check i3D.net Tongue

if im wrong Tongue sorry !

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 12:59 PM by Reflax.)
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM | Post: #15
aa1 
(05-10-2009 12:59 PM)Reflax Wrote:  

i can answer this questions Tongue !

probably you will
yes
a ban will be only on the server where he get banned.
check i3D.net Tongue

if im wrong Tongue sorry !

I love the advertisemend of my questions me friends, but no one has al the answers sofar.

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list.
05-10-2009, 01:21 PM | Post: #16
Ramoni3D 

1. No you are not allowed to change server files. Rules are more or less similar to the BF2 and 2142 ranking rules. Meaning all control is done through BFHCC. The main configuration file is made available through our controlpanel though. On ranked servers tickrates and such cannot be altered to begin with.

Since ranking is stored on a central server and not serverside it's not allowed to alter things like speed/weapons/XP required to rank.

2. Yes you are allowed to ban people

3. No a regular ban will only work on your server. Not on all.

4. We do have some packages available with BFH and teamspeak. Might make a custom offer for a BFH + voice server.

On the issue of the big square: It was announced since day 1 that the game would be microtransaction/ad supported. As such this square is used to display ads.

http://www.i3d.net - Official Ranked Server Provider for the Battlefield series.
05-10-2009, 01:24 PM | Post: #17
Bommer 
Ramon, you say that modifiyng the files is not allowed. But if you have a unranked server, can you mod it? Or does this rule apply to every server?

05-10-2009, 01:31 PM | Post: #18
Ramoni3D 
This rule applies to every server. BFH servers are only rented as ranked servers, meaning you can activate/deactivate ranking at any time. So modding is not allowed.

05-10-2009, 01:37 PM | Post: #19
Reflax 
(05-10-2009 01:31 PM)Ramoni3D Wrote:  This rule applies to every server. BFH servers are only rented as ranked servers, meaning you can activate/deactivate ranking at any time. So modding is not allowed.

ahh man that is some bad newsTongue i was hoping some one could create a zombie mod xD

05-10-2009, 01:42 PM | Post: #20
aa1 
To be honest, i did not expect the servers could be modded in any way, just think off it guy's, the game exists because off the micro transactions, that would be totaly gone when we make our own mods.....

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list. (This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 01:43 PM by aa1.)