Hello There, Guest!

01-09-2009, 03:13 PM | Post: #1
Willspeed 
Hi all was roaming around the internet today and i found something quite intersting
on battlefield heroes' wikipedia page, it mentioned something about metagame.
Huh

this is what it said on the wiki site:
Quote: The point system in Battlefield Heroes will be called the Metagame. It will allow characters to fight for a territorial position during each match. The land gained will then be recorded as a win for each army, and at the end of the week everything will be added up and both armies will be given money based on percentage and land conquered. Players can choose whether or not to participate in the Metagame.

[Image: 25jfsly.jpg]

was this a beta option or is EA/DICE still making it. it also mentions on wiki that this is in its official trailer.

But the thing is people that im still wondering, what is this all about, can any1 answer my qustion?

i'll even give you the wiki link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Heroes

thanks for taking your time to read this and can sum1 plz answer it thank you!Smile

Taking a long break from BFH, Pc games aren't my thing anymore lol. I'm back on the consoles but don't worry, I still play BFBC2 and I'm still here. Ps. Thanks for the M1 Garand in BC2 Smile

Jonzzon @ Willspeed smartass

X-fire - willspeed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2009, 03:14 PM | Post: #2
jargonjohn 
Still in development from what I understand. It would definitely help make the game more team based and fun.

[Image: 3]
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM | Post: #3
ProGamerDane 
just what jargomjohn said

[Image: juhjko.png]
xFire:progamerdane
01-09-2009, 03:24 PM | Post: #4
TigerPlushie 
I so want to see this ingame. Yet, we are still in beta and it's a long way to release. So we might see a lot of things to come.... but still, this I want to see.

[Image: DPSIGnew.jpg]

I would like to, a priori, apologize for my proper use of the english language.
01-09-2009, 03:28 PM | Post: #5
Willspeed 
(01-09-2009 03:24 PM)TigerPlushie Wrote:  I so want to see this ingame. Yet, we are still in beta and it's a long way to release. So we might see a lot of things to come.... but still, this I want to see.

so your tellin meh this game is still in beta stage?

OMG!!Sad

edit: thanks for the helps guys youve been great Wink

see you guys on the battle field

Taking a long break from BFH, Pc games aren't my thing anymore lol. I'm back on the consoles but don't worry, I still play BFBC2 and I'm still here. Ps. Thanks for the M1 Garand in BC2 Smile

X-fire - willspeed (This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 03:30 PM by Willspeed.)
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM | Post: #6
KingRick 
Ohh yea, I saw this in the trailer!
Totally forgot about it, I hope it will come soon.

Xfire: KingRick11
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM | Post: #7
aa1 
Soon!

HeartThe first and only fun server, get randomly kicked!Heart

Pas the blaim and don't blaim me!

Like to play on controlled servers? Take a look, maybe they offer them for you. Or just find a close one in this list.
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM | Post: #8
playmer 
Search Function

RIC0H says: Please be sure to read up on the signature rules, your signature cannot exceed 250px in height. Your sig is 304px in height.
If in doubt then please look here. Also note that if you wish to make your pic smaller, then look here.

[ig]http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/14/51/85/65/cowbel10.png[/ig][IG]http://www.roflsaurus.com/users/public/m13095headcountw227.gif[/IG]
(19-07-2010 12:02 AM)Jonzzon Wrote:  
(18-07-2010 11:02 PM)VeskoMarinov Wrote:  Actually, no devs nao. They were rekrooting back in playmers time.
thougth it was gregorian time... Undecided
01-09-2009, 03:32 PM | Post: #9
RoTide 
(01-09-2009 03:28 PM)Willspeed Wrote:  
(01-09-2009 03:24 PM)TigerPlushie Wrote:  I so want to see this ingame. Yet, we are still in beta and it's a long way to release. So we might see a lot of things to come.... but still, this I want to see.

so your tellin meh this game is still in beta stage?

OMG!!Sad

Officially "soft-release". Not sure what that means.

Shadeshooter has stated there was an announcement calling this "Open Beta" but good luck finding that announcement. You could say that "soft-release" means pre-release since it isn't "Released" or "Final Release" or something like that.

But yes, it isn't ready for full release and may never be. It's easy for a game that never has to be shipped on discs to never leave beta and keep on telling everyone "hey, it's a free beta, what did you expect?"

[Image: 2hdbg5f.png]

Huge Nerfs, Huge Buffs, Perpetual Beta, Re-releasing "Exclusive" Content Money Grabbing, Paid-for Advantages, Rental Server Admin Rights Revoked, Hackers Everywhere. Do you need more reasons to dislike EA?
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM | Post: #10
auger 
the video and the stuff in the wiki is about all the infomation you will find, you can use the search function but you will only find very similar threads to this one with no infomation, and 1 or 2 people accusing you of being to stupid to use the search function, its an endless loop of no infomation

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 04:09 PM by auger.)
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM | Post: #11
Willspeed 
(01-09-2009 03:29 PM)playmer Wrote:  Search Function

**** you
i know about that
i tell ppl to use it

X-fire - willspeed
01-09-2009, 06:10 PM | Post: #12
playmer 
(01-09-2009 06:02 PM)Willspeed Wrote:  

**** you
i know about that
i tell ppl to use it

Then chill, and use it yourself.
If you would simply listen to your own advice, you will find the answer.
Stop being a hypocrite, you point people towards search but don't use it yourself?! And then you tell ME "**** you" when I tell you what you tell people every day?
Wow, that's some amazing logic right there dumb-ass.

RIC0H says: Please be sure to read up on the signature rules, your signature cannot exceed 250px in height. Your sig is 304px in height.
If in doubt then please look here. Also note that if you wish to make your pic smaller, then look here.

[ig]http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/14/51/85/65/cowbel10.png[/ig][IG]http://www.roflsaurus.com/users/public/m13095headcountw227.gif[/IG]
(19-07-2010 12:02 AM)Jonzzon Wrote:  
(18-07-2010 11:02 PM)VeskoMarinov Wrote:  Actually, no devs nao. They were rekrooting back in playmers time.
thougth it was gregorian time... Undecided
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 06:52 PM by playmer.)
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM | Post: #13
Sabbathius 
(01-09-2009 03:14 PM)jargonjohn Wrote:  Still in development from what I understand. It would definitely help make the game more team based and fun.

Yeah, currently it gets really boring from level 12 and up, leveling is slow, you hardly get any new skill points, and the same old maps get old quick. Adding a metagame would make it more interesting and objective-focused.
01-09-2009, 06:54 PM | Post: #14
Sven 
metagame is simply an extra way to earn even more VP.
I think most people dont even care about the metagame since they already have 15 000 if not 20 000 + VP

01-09-2009, 06:56 PM | Post: #15
ProGamerDane 

What a wonderful thing

[Image: juhjko.png]
xFire:progamerdane
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM | Post: #16
Garret0 
(01-09-2009 06:56 PM)ProGamerDane Wrote:  

What a wonderful thing

But nobody is using it...

[Image: kany9462e.jpg?1253145179]
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM | Post: #17
Orkdung 
Ive been waiting for something like this for years, I know fans have attempted something like this with BF and other systems, but it never seems to work out.

Come on EA!! This is what we want!!
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM | Post: #18
siiix
no so far i know the meta game it self is LOOOOONG done, but we dont have near enugh maps support it

there are 16 countries in the mata game, and we have 4 maps

we wont see a mate game this year for sure

i know someone who played the mate game like a year ago when it was developed and beta tested, but by then like all maps where the same, and thats just mentally slower than "average"...who the hell wants that like that... i for sure not
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2009 09:01 PM by siiix.)
12-09-2009, 11:15 PM | Post: #19
Gondola 
(12-09-2009 08:58 PM)siiix Wrote:  i know someone who played the mate game like a year ago when it was developed and beta tested, but by then like all maps where the same, and thats just mentally slower than "average"...who the hell wants that like that... i for sure not
I'd play the metagame with 4 maps until more are available.

Making weapons and widgets impossible to maintain purely on VP has created an environment that fosters animosity between the spenders and the freeloaders.
[Image: 2]
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM | Post: #20
BulletEater 
As awesome as the metagame sounds, right now it's not as important as the major content updates we need like the new gunner update.