Hello There, Guest!

02-08-2009, 11:07 PM | Post: #61
Edy9 
A very good gunner don't need to avoid a lot of guns, just eat them with the shield and concentrate on other abilities and aim.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2009, 02:40 PM | Post: #62
sOmEoNeCrAzY 
(02-08-2009 09:21 PM)Masacred Glue Wrote:  Maybe im the only one but i actually think that gunners are the easiest class to play.

i have been extremely succesful with a soldier and now the gunner.
i think soldier is more easy to play. its the "standart" guy you know from every other game (in nearly all games medic as a SMG and plays like in bfh).
the gunner is weak in the beginning, but starting with around level 16 or 18 becomes more powerful than the soldier.

i mean overall performance. of course you cant defeat 3 medics each healing all together to full health but you own in vehicle maps as well as in 1on1 infantry.

in addition, the commando is definitely the most easy class to play and beats all other classes from start until late game (high level).
thats why he is so popular (see "super awesome commando guide video")

[Image: 17561]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6495]
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM | Post: #63
c.o.d(4)powguy 
that does mean anything anyway
03-08-2009, 08:17 PM | Post: #64
Jonessoda 
[quote='sOmEoNeCrAzY' pid='477995' dateline='1248688579']

once frenzy runs out, kick it with legit. run around in circles around him

dont yuo think thats too............ carward like? and what if yuo have others on yuor tail? im not gunna run around like a chiken whiel i got someone else firing at me!

[Image: dxi92t.jpg]
03-08-2009, 08:34 PM | Post: #65
sOmEoNeCrAzY 
(03-08-2009 08:17 PM)Jonessoda Wrote:  [quote='sOmEoNeCrAzY' pid='477995' dateline='1248688579']

once frenzy runs out, kick it with legit. run around in circles around him

dont yuo think thats too............ carward like? and what if yuo have others on yuor tail? im not gunna run around like a chiken whiel i got someone else firing at me!

if you are under heavy fire, using legit is one of the more wise solutions.

legit makes people miss you as a target. if more people fire at you, more people miss you. so the effect increases exponentially.

if you just walk normal and use shield or something, every damn attack will hit you. so your shield is down in a few moments.

[Image: 17561]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6495]
03-08-2009, 10:31 PM | Post: #66
Jungo 
Admittedly I'm only 14 on my gunner, but I do pretty well with him, and I've tried all of our class skills. I understand the appeal of maxed out FF, but to be honest, I find the keg to be one of the best assets our class has. Used with the rocket launcher you can control your enemies abbility to flank and outmaneuver you. Given it takes some finesse to master the rocket keg combo, but its not the hardest skill to practice, and its pretty fun to watch. That all being said if all you want is a better ratio the best way to achieve that is to team up with soldiers. The gunner can take a licking and our ability to soak and provide constant and consistent fire is a huge asset when combined with a skilled medic. Not to mention that adding the keg to a grenade spam usualy results in alot of corpses. I guess my point is your build matters alot less then how you use it.

Teamwork > Skill
Skill > Build
03-08-2009, 10:35 PM | Post: #67
mikey1171 
c001, n1c3 gu1d3
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM | Post: #68
Nuttobotter 
Thx 2 sOmEoNeCrAzY for this nice guide.

But ... my problem: It takes 10 Level-Ups to get FF on 5/5. How do i play a gunner in your style till i get FF on 5/5?

Shall i boost Legit? I think its better, because FF in the early levels is not really the best choice, isn't it?

Or what can i do?

Thanks anyway and sry about my bad english ... ^^

[Image: 2]
04-08-2009, 12:00 PM | Post: #69
motzelman 
youre taking first frenzy amnd then legit? thats good against one enemy bzw. two if one of them is a commando, but i a figth with some enemies i wouldh first use legit and then frenzy.
04-08-2009, 01:09 PM | Post: #70
Tomtailor 
(04-08-2009 11:33 AM)Nuttobotter Wrote:  Thx 2 sOmEoNeCrAzY for this nice guide.

But ... my problem: It takes 10 Level-Ups to get FF on 5/5. How do i play a gunner in your style till i get FF on 5/5?

aim and shoot Wink

The Baron Sez; Please read the Signature rules before posting a new one.
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM | Post: #71
LeaderGrev 
Do us all a favor. Get 5/5 keg, and 5/5 shield, and a leg-it, and then play with it a couple rounds, and then come back, and rewrite that guide.
04-08-2009, 05:08 PM | Post: #72
Homerklez 
Well, as a higher level gunner with a better KDR than you... I'd agree with some of your points and disagree with others. First of all, I agree with no shotgun and 2 miniguns and a bazooka. Also, I think Leg It is the most important skill.

Here's where I disagree with this thread.

#1 You should max Leg It first, then max hero shield. I tried Frenzy fire for a week, and lowered my KDR. Here's why, if you have Max Leg it, and you bring it into a battle, especially with 2 people, you can run around frantically, or run behind 1 guy using him as a shield to block you from other attackers, and zig zag. Most people cannot hit a moving target, you just need to keep your gun locked on the one guy. After your Leg It is up, you use hero shield, and most of the time its enough for you to finish the guy you were working on, if he's not already dead.

#2 IEG is pretty important. You dont have to invest a ton into it, but put 1 point into it early. You'll sometimes see a pile of TTs on the floor, shooting at it takes too long, you can protect yourself against tanks whilst they heal you, you can see a soldier throwing a grenade at you 3 seconds before he does it.

#3 Frenzy fire may give you extra damage, but it wont protect you or get you out of harms way if you're say 1 vs 2. I chose Keg instead because you know when there's someone lowering a flag, you can throw your keg, explode it with the bazooka and run in there with Leg It, and own everything before they know whats what. You say Keg doesnt do damage, well I've got news for you. Keg can do 40 damage to a dude, while you're running circles around them. Frenzy fire will likely get you killed if you walk into a pile of enemies doing 2 more damage per bullet.
04-08-2009, 06:01 PM | Post: #73
mahoney360 
Awsome guide mate, sorted out my K-D straight away, thanks a bunch Smile
05-08-2009, 12:07 AM | Post: #74
xgothxdudex10 
can some one help me?
05-08-2009, 01:05 AM | Post: #75
pownpown 
Aww, you think snipers are hard to kill? You think they're overpowered? Aww! XD

Oh, and I disagree with part of that. In my opinion, the shotgun does a good amount of damage in close combat. Plus, it fires quickly and reloads quickly too.
05-08-2009, 01:12 AM | Post: #76
minivesper 
why dos everyone hate snipers. i really don't understand they are fun to play, and have very low health so its not that hard to take them out

[Image: 2]
05-08-2009, 04:28 AM | Post: #77
Czplaya 
(04-08-2009 05:08 PM)Homerklez Wrote:  Well, as a higher level gunner with a better KDR than you... I'd agree with some of your points and disagree with others. First of all, I agree with no shotgun and 2 miniguns and a bazooka. Also, I think Leg It is the most important skill.

Here's where I disagree with this thread.

#1 You should max Leg It first, then max hero shield. I tried Frenzy fire for a week, and lowered my KDR. Here's why, if you have Max Leg it, and you bring it into a battle, especially with 2 people, you can run around frantically, or run behind 1 guy using him as a shield to block you from other attackers, and zig zag. Most people cannot hit a moving target, you just need to keep your gun locked on the one guy. After your Leg It is up, you use hero shield, and most of the time its enough for you to finish the guy you were working on, if he's not already dead.

#2 IEG is pretty important. You dont have to invest a ton into it, but put 1 point into it early. You'll sometimes see a pile of TTs on the floor, shooting at it takes too long, you can protect yourself against tanks whilst they heal you, you can see a soldier throwing a grenade at you 3 seconds before he does it.

#3 Frenzy fire may give you extra damage, but it wont protect you or get you out of harms way if you're say 1 vs 2. I chose Keg instead because you know when there's someone lowering a flag, you can throw your keg, explode it with the bazooka and run in there with Leg It, and own everything before they know whats what. You say Keg doesnt do damage, well I've got news for you. Keg can do 40 damage to a dude, while you're running circles around them. Frenzy fire will likely get you killed if you walk into a pile of enemies doing 2 more damage per bullet.

totally agree with you with everything, im basically using bang burney's guide to level, and as you can see in my profile Smile im having extreme success. This guide has many useful points, but the main difference i really have to say is keg > FF. yes FF gunner vs a keg gunner FF gunner gonna win but since when has anyone faced only 1 opponent. I usually go against 2-3 ppl at once and no offence the utility of keg is far superior than FF. but than again i have to say it again its not for everyone.

gunners ftw!

[Image: 3]
Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Free Shooter Game
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM | Post: #78
Tomtailor 
(04-08-2009 03:05 PM)LeaderGrev Wrote:  Do us all a favor. Get 5/5 keg, and 5/5 shield, and a leg-it, and then play with it a couple rounds, and then come back, and rewrite that guide.

you don't leave much room for personal preference? Undecided

The Baron Sez; Please read the Signature rules before posting a new one.
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM | Post: #79
Credz 
nice guide Big Grin

[Image: 1]
05-08-2009, 08:09 PM | Post: #80
MaestroCampier 
Good guide. From reading the posts it is pretty apparent that BFH is a nicely balanced game. Also what is best is probably going to break down to what map you are playing on, the situations you put yourself into, and if you are playing with a dedicated team.

I personally have been playing Legit with I Eat Grenades. I am not worried about my KDR ratio but if my team wins or not. I immediately hook up with a knife commando and we go to town. I protect my fellows and I plant myself in those tight control point type areas that people toss grenades in. I attempt to give myself to be a target while allowing my super fast commandos to kill everyone around me.

Other times I either hunt tanks or hunt Commando's. I have found that Commando's just can't kill me. Legit is too fast and I flank. I look for sniper fire trails and use I eat grenades to work my way there.