Hello There, Guest!

13-07-2009, 09:14 PM | Post: #1
Pootleshooter 
Passengers increase the firepower/effectiveness of your vehicle, be it plane, tank or jeep.

A plane with dual bazookas/machine guns is awesome. We had a great crew running the other night that could not be stopped. Additionally, commandos can parachute behind the front to cap flags etc.

A tank benefits greatly from a SMG, machinegun or bazooka in the turret. They can be very helpful in keeping commandos with stickies off the tank, or providing additional firepower against other vehicles.

A jeep becomes more than an infantry plow with a couple of weapons on board. Who wouldn't want to have a SMG, machinegun or bazooka riding shotgun with them? I also like throwing grenades and stickies when I'm riding in a jeep.

I should also mention that passengers can use abilities while riding, which is to say, help the driver and vehicle survive longer.

Please wait a sec and look around to see if someone is needing a ride before squealing off. It will help you get more kills and cap more flags.

**Killzonezero.com RR/CC/VV ** **CLICK IMAGE TO BOOKMARK!!!**
[Image: KZ-0Banner_large_white_outline-3.png]

Visit killzonezero.com and register on the forums for to WIN! (This post was last modified: 13-07-2009 09:16 PM by Pootleshooter.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2009, 09:21 PM | Post: #2
Fresh Meat 
Thanks for this posting. It needed to be said.
Remember that once you are in the drivers seat you can't look left or right (pressing F allows rear views). Honk your horn and wait a moment before taking off, especially at the start of each round.
It will help you and your team in the long run.

RIC0H edit - Please be sure to read up on the signature rules, your signature cannot exceed 250px in height. Your sig is 280px in height
If in doubt then please look here

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7151/bfheroessigyastiffv1.jpg
13-07-2009, 09:34 PM | Post: #3
FlyDogFish 
Well, that's not completely true. Don't forget that having passengers also increases the chance of multikills for the other team. The tank turret is totally impossible to aim from unless the driver is not turning it, which never happens with a good tank driver.
13-07-2009, 09:45 PM | Post: #4
Pootleshooter 
(13-07-2009 09:34 PM)FlyDogFish Wrote:  Well, that's not completely true. Don't forget that having passengers also increases the chance of multikills for the other team. The tank turret is totally impossible to aim from unless the driver is not turning it, which never happens with a good tank driver.

I disagree. A good tank driver does not swing the turret around like a spastic monkey. Tongue

I've gotten numerous kills by providing the one-two punch with my bazooka on an enemy tank.

Multikills? Meh. I think I've died in a vehicle only once so far. Plenty of time to bail if you're paying attention.

Teamwork. There is no substitute. Wink

Visit killzonezero.com and register on the forums for to WIN! (This post was last modified: 13-07-2009 09:50 PM by Pootleshooter.)
14-07-2009, 08:51 AM | Post: #5
MacMuffin 
Definitely, correct on the tank. I've been in a tank as a passenger and used my bazooka to help kill an enemy tank. When the enemy has no passenger, you have double the fire power to get the job done.

Conversely, I was in a game yesterday in which a team member jumped in a plane and didn't take off despite the fact he had two people on his wings. I couldn't get him to eject so I could take the pilot seat and when I went inside the base to get another vehicle they were already taken.
Then I saw a couple of enemy jeeps and tanks coming. At times like that it sucks being a slow gunner. We were slaughtered in that game, so please don't forget to take off if you actually have passengers and don't hog the seat if you're not gonna drive or fly.
14-07-2009, 09:00 AM | Post: #6
Sven 
I rather go alone in a tank...
Then i can press F2 > I eat grenades > F1

14-07-2009, 04:58 PM | Post: #7
Pootleshooter 
(14-07-2009 08:51 AM)MacMuffin Wrote:  Conversely, I was in a game yesterday in which a team member jumped in a plane and didn't take off despite the fact he had two people on his wings.

Griefers Angry

I've been enjoying this game so much, I might look into renting a server. If so, I promise that anyone who likes to spoil the game for others will be permanently banned.

(14-07-2009 09:00 AM)Sven Wrote:  I rather go alone in a tank...

I haven't thought of that. Stickies are grenades, right? You can consume them when attached to your tank?

Visit killzonezero.com and register on the forums for to WIN! (This post was last modified: 14-07-2009 05:00 PM by Pootleshooter.)
14-07-2009, 05:33 PM | Post: #8
Sven 
(14-07-2009 04:58 PM)Pootleshooter Wrote:  

I haven't thought of that. Stickies are grenades, right? You can consume them when attached to your tank?

Yup
If the enemy has no gunners, then youre unbeatable.
Because if you keep a safe distance between the enemy and your tank, only a few good cloaked commandos will be able to stick TNT on your tank. Then you go to the top seat, eat it, and go back.
You can also exit the vehicle, then eat them, and go back.
But if you exit the vehicle, there is a risk that the enemy enters the vehicle in that one second you are outside. You dont have that risk when you go to the top seat =)

14-07-2009, 06:08 PM | Post: #9
Frombehind 
(13-07-2009 09:14 PM)Pootleshooter Wrote:  Please wait a sec and look around to see if someone is needing a ride before squealing off. It will help you get more kills and cap more flags.

thanks for saying that .... i love those who drives alone at the start of a round

[Image: 15chced.png]

Made By SneakyChips!
16-07-2009, 05:35 PM | Post: #10
Pootleshooter 
(14-07-2009 05:33 PM)Sven Wrote:  
(14-07-2009 04:58 PM)Pootleshooter Wrote:  

Yup
If the enemy has no gunners, then youre unbeatable.
Because if you keep a safe distance between the enemy and your tank, only a few good cloaked commandos will be able to stick TNT on your tank. Then you go to the top seat, eat it, and go back.
You can also exit the vehicle, then eat them, and go back.
But if you exit the vehicle, there is a risk that the enemy enters the vehicle in that one second you are outside. You dont have that risk when you go to the top seat =)

Incredibly good tip! Thanks!

Smile

Visit killzonezero.com and register on the forums for to WIN!
16-07-2009, 08:36 PM | Post: #11
overlow 
Good that someone mentioned this. It is so sad seeing all the jeeps speeding up with just a driver and not even slowing when there might be some one else coming on. I allways especially if i take a jeep i allways look first if there are anyone near looking for ride and when i get in it i also wait a little if someone spawns. I t is a fack that jeep can turn almost to tank if there is 2 gunners with bazooka riding it. And it is not hard to fire from the tank towers with mg, got a lot kills while doing that and i have also acted as second cannon with bazooka.
16-07-2009, 09:11 PM | Post: #12
Mewtu 
i hate drivers that ram me constantly honkin to get me into that vehicle. especially with my commando. O_o god damn im way more efficent from affar. i ignore them let them follow me ramming and honking. i really hate thoses guys. i take passengers but i do not force guys that want to run to enter my jeep.

my second badest experience is SS starts a plane with 3 people takes of 4 commandos take the jeeps and there they stand 3 lonely tanks ready for the takin -.- why do most commandos only think for their K/D not for the fukin tickets.

[Image: 198944647.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2009 09:13 PM by Mewtu.)
17-07-2009, 07:37 PM | Post: #13
Pootleshooter 
Discovered a good tactic with my buddy the other night.

Bazookas on the wing can turn a plane into a bomber.

The trick is to slow down and level out right before flying over a flag. Aim the bazooka at the ground, and launch when the target falls under your crosshairs.

I gleefully blasted 3 or 4 guys off a flag they were trying to cap. They didn't see it coming. Big Grin

18-07-2009, 12:34 AM | Post: #14
padecon.bsa 
(13-07-2009 09:14 PM)Pootleshooter Wrote:  Please Wait for Passengers
Passengers increase the firepower/effectiveness of your vehicle, be it plane, tank or jeep.

...word! & signed. especially on vv and cc!

alway remember - the faster and more you are, the more firepower (and heal) you have, is an important advantage and the first step to win the round.

[Image: fwrfdf.png]

. . . raider is still the real twix . . .
_
18-07-2009, 01:00 AM | Post: #15
TheGameTrain 
I've done the bomber plane one.
Very fun. Wink

On Topic: I always use chat to ask people if they need a ride.
I usually use the emote to get a ride.
People listen, and we do great.
When they don't, we lose 0-38

[Image: 2290219253_1_2.png]

This may be a generic signature but your not the one with a Mac, are you?

Feeling generous? How about signing up here and help me get some BF? http://www.battlefunds.com/?ref=4268
18-07-2009, 01:59 AM | Post: #16
doxon1 
Well, that's not completely true. Don't forget that having passengers also increases the chance of multikills for the other team. The tank turret is totally impossible to aim from unless the driver is not turning it, which never happens with a good tank driver.

i disagree too that is a game for team work

[Image: 2]
23-07-2009, 03:25 PM | Post: #17
Pootleshooter 
(18-07-2009 01:59 AM)doxon1 Wrote:  i disagree too that is a game for team work

Undecided

Don't cry when my friends and I pwn u. Tongue

23-07-2009, 03:27 PM | Post: #18
Nameless Sniper 
This thread definitely needed to be said now hopefully people will do it

I am The Nameless Sniper and I approve this message™
[Image: speedgun_sig_814.png]

Former Community Moderator | Twitter | Signature Gallery | Steam | YouTube | Send me a PM

23-07-2009, 04:29 PM | Post: #19
siiix
in a jeep i'm usualy nice enugh to wait till they get in,
but tank no way - i lose my ability to eat grenades when someone is sitting in my tank

of course i can exit but then its more likely i get shoot

and as for planes its just to annoying having to constantly worry that if i kamikaze in to something or bail out then they might die

and i disagree as well on this game + team work
this game is most definitely not designed for team work, of course you CAN play team work, but its not motivated by the code
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2009 04:32 PM by siiix.)
23-07-2009, 05:49 PM | Post: #20
Chrispy47 
I hate most getting stranded on the big maps, SS and BB if you spawn at the farms or you teams permanent base it takes FOREVER to get back to the action if other team mates have gone off in all the vehicles 1 person per jeep or tank. AND it's just plain ignorant of folks to drive off when they clearly see you running toward the same jeep/tank and/or giving a few short bursts of gun fire to let them know to wait up.