Hello There, Guest!

21-06-2009, 01:01 AM | Post: #41
HeadHunter67 
(21-06-2009 12:25 AM)Royal-Henry Wrote:  I'm pretty sure every so called 'obstacle' presented by Commandos can be countered by smart playing tactics.
I agree wholeheartedly (as my sig will attest).

[Image: WWsig9.png]

All the obstacles used by lesser minds to justify nerfs can be overcome by smarter play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2009, 01:07 AM | Post: #42
Bernhardt 
(21-06-2009 01:01 AM)HeadHunter67 Wrote:  
(21-06-2009 12:25 AM)Royal-Henry Wrote:  I'm pretty sure every so called 'obstacle' presented by Commandos can be countered by smart playing tactics.
I agree wholeheartedly (as my sig will attest).

I married you both in my head just now.

21-06-2009, 01:12 AM | Post: #43
EpicBullet 
Stay in group, commando don't mess the the mafia.

[Image: ach.php?a=no more sniping&b=SCRE...mp;amp;f=1]
[Image: bfhach11c0bb8ceecd04e8e.png]
21-06-2009, 01:26 AM | Post: #44
DaB34st 
Lol suck it up, we soldiers can heal.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 01:29 AM by DaB34st.)
21-06-2009, 01:49 AM | Post: #45
Deboog 
If your a soldier, you can always use 6th since to uncover him if you know his general location. If you start getting sniped from someone far away, then use burning bullets and then your long ranged pistol. Coming from a knifing commando, soldiers usually don't stand a chance because stealth IS unfair. However, as a former camper, I know that soldier usually can hold their own against a sniper as long as they have some cover.

In conclusion, strafe, burning bullets, cover, long ranged pistol (with good aim you can take out a commando with a full clip), and remember that with full heal a commando needs more than a full clip of ammo to kill you.

And never underestimate trees. They can make you completely sniper proof. Don't try ducking behind low walls though, we'll still kill you.

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/s...?tid=34509

Read general fixes 10 & 11. Grenade Spam was not nerfed, it was FIXED. So you will not get it buffed. Have a nice day. (This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 01:50 AM by Deboog.)
21-06-2009, 02:04 AM | Post: #46
metal89 
6th since doesnt uncover them Invisibility is a fucking joke what they need to do is give everyone a choose to pick what abilitys to have from all classes not just set ones for each class this will make everything equal then only diffence will be weapon choose.. Really they shouldnt even be classes you should just be ably to choose your weapons abiltys then all this awesome will stop just custom your hero and just only the person what weapons you want to play with and abiltys
21-06-2009, 02:04 AM | Post: #47
Bluto 
The only counter to a good commando is another commando. You can't de-stealth him. You don't know where he hides. He picks the time and the place to engage. If he can't get you to engage, he can troop trap you to death. Hell...he can even man a tank and exit without it being destroyed and you STILL can't find him.

I have no problem picking off any soldier or gunner. Both classes take 3 pops with a gun maximum...not minimum. 2 will come when you least expect it. Do you think you can dodge and weave around the 3rd?

The issue isn't whether you think you can counter the sniper class. The issue is that snipers have a much higher kill ratio than you could ever achieve with a soldier or gunner.
21-06-2009, 02:13 AM | Post: #48
Kostolomac 
Actually the only counter to a good player playing any class(including commando) is a good player playing any class(including commando).
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 02:13 AM by Kostolomac.)
21-06-2009, 02:44 AM | Post: #49
GUN_CRAZY 
have any of you noticed it comes up witha red half circle when you get shot that points too the direction you got shot from

or that when a commando gets too close that you can see them

and now i am a commander so dont get me wrong but trust me it will take 2-3 shots too get a kill and thats with the most powerful rifle ok now what yyou have too keep in mind is that any good sniper will change his position every time so also there is some very good spots that only commandos and gunners can get too using Troop Traps or Rocket Launcher these spots you have too keep an eye on i will not list them though

so concludes my short tutorial on snipers

[Image: 12586]
1 shot, 1 kill Wink
21-06-2009, 03:39 AM | Post: #50
Mattiswin. 
(21-06-2009 02:44 AM)GUN_CRAZY Wrote:  have any of you noticed it comes up witha red half circle when you get shot that points too the direction you got shot from

or that when a commando gets too close that you can see them

and now i am a commander so dont get me wrong but trust me it will take 2-3 shots too get a kill and thats with the most powerful rifle ok now what yyou have too keep in mind is that any good sniper will change his position every time so also there is some very good spots that only commandos and gunners can get too using Troop Traps or Rocket Launcher these spots you have too keep an eye on i will not list them though

so concludes my short tutorial on snipers

marry me

Snipers get more head.
[Image: 2h37z7t.gif]
21-06-2009, 07:51 AM | Post: #51
Liquidvison 
(20-06-2009 11:17 PM)Proto Wrote:  Hi everybody!
I have played this game to level 24 as a soldier. Recently i have noticed that every time I stop playing it is bacause of someone totaly invisible is killing me over and over again. I have a history of BF 1942, BF2 and BF2142. In those games I have had the possibility to come back and kill that camping sniper, or at least avoid him. In BF Heroes he is totally invisible and is playing a game of his own. How can you be in the same game as someone you cant see? IMHO this is going to kill this game. I have no trouble with geting killed by someone I can see, he just must be better than me. Sorry to have to be a negative person, but this is taking the fun out of it for me.
Reagards
Franziz

1943 will kill this game for most bf fans....and thank god for that...im already bored of 4 map rotation and 5 min games

[Image: bfheroes-sig-05032009035138.png]

I Win muhahahahaha
21-06-2009, 07:57 AM | Post: #52
Wyllie 
(21-06-2009 07:51 AM)Liquidvison Wrote:  1943 will kill this game for most bf fans....and thank god for that...im already bored of 4 map rotation and 5 min games

From my understanding 1943 is only going to be a few maps at release too.

21-06-2009, 07:58 AM | Post: #53
StinkyGreen 
(20-06-2009 11:25 PM)Bernhardt Wrote:  The thing with battling against Commandos as a Soldier or Gunner is to position yourself properly. Don't go out in the open.

When you do get shot, use Combat Medicine and Hero Shield to counter the damage and take better cover. When you have identified the location of the sniper, choose whether or not to engage.

and also don't repeat yourself too much in your approach from the place you spawn at or that same player will be waiting for you, but when map has a enemy with a lot of Commandos it will result in back stabbing, one of the cons of public servers with class play.
21-06-2009, 08:01 AM | Post: #54
Liquidvison 
(21-06-2009 07:57 AM)Wyllie Wrote:  
(21-06-2009 07:51 AM)Liquidvison Wrote:  1943 will kill this game for most bf fans....and thank god for that...im already bored of 4 map rotation and 5 min games

From my understanding 1943 is only going to be a few maps at release too.

true, but they will last longer then 5 mins per game...and more maps will follow...plus it looks 100x better and is a true fps

I Win muhahahahaha
21-06-2009, 08:07 AM | Post: #55
StinkyGreen 
(21-06-2009 07:51 AM)Liquidvison Wrote:  
(20-06-2009 11:17 PM)Proto Wrote:  Hi everybody!
I have played this game to level 24 as a soldier. Recently i have noticed that every time I stop playing it is bacause of someone totaly invisible is killing me over and over again. I have a history of BF 1942, BF2 and BF2142. In those games I have had the possibility to come back and kill that camping sniper, or at least avoid him. In BF Heroes he is totally invisible and is playing a game of his own. How can you be in the same game as someone you cant see? IMHO this is going to kill this game. I have no trouble with geting killed by someone I can see, he just must be better than me. Sorry to have to be a negative person, but this is taking the fun out of it for me.
Reagards
Franziz

1943 will kill this game for most bf fans....and thank god for that...im already bored of 4 map rotation and 5 min games

Keep in mind BF1943 is a remake first and foremost for gaming consoles. It's not a Pc title at heart, so it's even more heavy on the arcade side of things then Pc gamers of the franchise will be used too, it will not kill BFH since BFH appeals to the same market TFC and TF2 does. BFH is even more fun to play than TF2 for me personally. Battlefield 3 is the next big thing for Pc gamers for the Battlefield franchise, that will be pushing the envelope in to area's console just don't have the horse power or the dx10 to pull it off.
21-06-2009, 08:46 AM | Post: #56
Liquidvison 
(21-06-2009 01:12 AM)EpicBullet Wrote:  Stay in group, commando don't mess the the mafia.

lol yeah maby, but when there are 4-6 commandos on every server on each side they have the "bigger" mafia and they stealth like ninjas

I Win muhahahahaha
21-06-2009, 09:00 AM | Post: #57
Troll-Emperor 
(20-06-2009 11:31 PM)Golgo Wrote:  Already a timer on stealth. 12 seconds at 5/5, just like every other ability. which is why this...

I meant timer on the stealth part. Being able to stealth only for 30 seconds or so. Continous stealth is overpowered. Every other ability lasts like 10 secs or so. Why should stealth be any different?

[Image: img2296142.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 09:34 AM by Troll-Emperor.)
21-06-2009, 09:12 AM | Post: #58
Highway 
Battlefield Snipers will be a great niche game. All the thrill of invisible sniper duels. The rest of the soreheads who don't want to be a sniper can go play Battlefield 1943.

"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome." -Gunny Tom Highway in Heartbreak Ridge.

[Image: 24ng2dg.jpg]
21-06-2009, 09:40 AM | Post: #59
Rivo75 
(21-06-2009 08:46 AM)Liquidvison Wrote:  
(21-06-2009 01:12 AM)EpicBullet Wrote:  Stay in group, commando don't mess the the mafia.

lol yeah maby, but when there are 4-6 commandos on every server on each side they have the "bigger" mafia and they stealth like ninjas

might very well be, but even for 4-6 "ninja's" is very hard to shoot down a group of soldiers/gunners with only 3-5 members because as soon as the first one is down you're no longer invisible so before you know it you're dead... (mostly by Burning Bullets)

[Image: pubsig.php?Rivo;193675254;2]

remember, remember, the fifth of november
the gunpowder, treason and plot
i know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot
21-06-2009, 09:42 AM | Post: #60
Niksarass 
(21-06-2009 09:00 AM)Troll-Emperor Wrote:  
(20-06-2009 11:31 PM)Golgo Wrote:  Already a timer on stealth. 12 seconds at 5/5, just like every other ability. which is why this...

I meant timer on the stealth part. Being able to stealth only for 30 seconds or so. Continous stealth is overpowered. Every other ability lasts like 10 secs or so. Why should stealth be any different?

Because it's a state not an attack?

Because you aren't totally invisible?

Because shooting directly cancels the ability?

(21-06-2009 02:04 AM)Bluto Wrote:  The issue isn't whether you think you can counter the sniper class. The issue is that snipers have a much higher kill ratio than you could ever achieve with a soldier or gunner.

That's untrue.

[Image: bfheroessig010920110408.th.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2009 09:44 AM by Niksarass.)