Hello There, Guest!

18-06-2009, 09:28 PM | Post: #1
JanHyde  Go to next important person...
(sorry if this has posted twice - it keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet???)

I've been playing as a sniper now for a while (lvl24) - Some of this will be obvious to some of you but not to most players (in my experience)

There are people out there that are great at taking me out, but most are not.

When you come to hunt me down after I killed you. I am not behind the same tree. I can see you coming and I move. So shoot at the tree and when you are reloading I will kill you. Shoot at where I would move to, not where I was.

When I'm capping a flag, I'm not standing next to the flag, I'm standing as far away as I can and still cap the flag. If I see you coming I'm going to run away and hide behind a wall and watch you shoot like a fool at the flag, then kill you.

If you drive a jeep or fly a plane and I shoot you, and you continue in a straight line then you are dead. Don't complain we are too powerful, it's your fault. If you are about to explode and don't bail, don't complain we're too overpowered, it's your fault.

If I'm on a remote hill and I kill you, don't keep jumping in a jeep and come after me - you are dead multiple times. Tell your team where I am, your snipers should take me out (if they are playing for the team) or tag me so you can take me out.

If there are three of you taking a flag I will kill all three. Because most of the time you all look in the same direction. I will kill the guy at the back and work forward.

Listen! Other snipers call me a hacker because I shoot them while stealthed. Good commandos hear the sound the game makes when you pass someone who is stealthed. If you do not listed for this sound then I will shoot you because I'm close enought to see you. Don't assume I'm going to run by you.

When you respawn look at your flag. I'm stealthed and your flag is going down. But player after player will jump into a jeep or tank, even walking so close to me you must be able to see me and still don't bother to defend your flag.

If you are a sniper then get 1 point in tag. If you don't then I will kill you. It's that simple.

Don't try and kill me with a tank from miles away. I can dodge the shots. Come and get me, I have little defence against a tank.

Burning bullets hurts like hell, I can't heal without giving my position away (and often doesn't work when I'm burning) and if you don't get me then one of your team mates will.

Shield works!! You can be hard as hell to kill.

If you see a flag going down and you arrive to take it back. I have either gone to the next nearest flag or I'm waiting for you to leave and take it right back.

You are not safe ducking behind a wall. Very few places allow you to hide completely. I can see the top of your head. That is all I need to kill you.

If you are a sniper then I can see you if you heal or use other abiliies, being stealthed ain't gonna protect you. So I will kill you stealthed. Laying troop traps even gives your position away.

Jumping makes it easier for me to kill you. Running around randomly makes you hard to kill - I only have a few shots and if I miss a few of those I have a loooong reload time for you to take me out.

I'm running out of ideas (for now) but lastly, snipers, sometimes you forget to stealth and swear you were - you weren't!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2009, 09:39 PM | Post: #2
Re1gn 
As a commando all I could add to this is (because it's very complete), don't chase a snake down it's hole. I have missed guys and had them chase me around all kinds of obstacles until I cloak move away and watch them search for me while lining up my shot. Only to have me shoot them at my leisure once I am safe, 12 seconds is not a lot of time to "chase" someone down.

Doesn't always work (confounded BB) but it works more than it doesn't.

[Image: reignsproject3.jpg]

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." Sun Tzu - "The Art of War" (This post was last modified: 18-06-2009 09:40 PM by Re1gn.)
18-06-2009, 09:40 PM | Post: #3
Applesaucepower 
you female dog a lot

[Image: fox.gif]

I've adopted a Royal commando
Name: Wapplesauce
Does not like: Nationals
Owner:Applesaucepower
18-06-2009, 09:49 PM | Post: #4
FlyingHerring 
One more...odds are if you keep spamming "hacker" or "faggot" after getting knifed/shot you're not only an a**hole but fairly inadequate at playing against commandos...I will find you, kill you...and laugh at the corpse
Oh...and if you think that the top of the building is the best sniper spot, you'll notice a faint bullet trail coming from the nearest grove of trees. The next shot kills you...

[Image: sig_warn2.png]
Moderator VonCyblos Edit: Hero! This signature does not comply with the Battlefield Heroes Forum Rules. Please read the UPDATED FORUM RULES and correct your signature. 250 pixel TOTAL in grahical height, two lines text, maximum.
18-06-2009, 09:52 PM | Post: #5
JanHyde 
LOL - I tend to go for those that call me a hacker. It only seems to confirm their fear but it's fun all the same. Having said that, some players have accepted my offer to teach them my tricks of the trade, which at times I've come to regret ;-)
18-06-2009, 09:59 PM | Post: #6
Re1gn 
(18-06-2009 09:49 PM)FlyingHerring Wrote:  One more...odds are if you keep spamming "hacker" or "******" after getting knifed/shot you're not only an a**hole but fairly inadequate at playing against commandos...I will find you, kill you...and laugh at the corpse
Oh...and if you think that the top of the building is the best sniper spot, you'll notice a faint bullet trail coming from the nearest grove of trees. The next shot kills you...

Yeah when I get the brutal commando treatment I try to make those people my "special project" for the rest of the match as well. And as horrible as it sounds I take some comfort in knowing I'm not the only one abused because of my class. Confused

[Image: reignsproject3.jpg]

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." Sun Tzu - "The Art of War"
18-06-2009, 10:09 PM | Post: #7
X_Genocide_X 
If you are any other class other than commando, you should not be hunting the commando that just killed you. Odds are always against you. Just accept that you died and move on. Most of the deaths I get as a commando are from surprise unexpected face to face confrontations with people that had no idea I was there. 90 percent of the time, I get a second kill from someone looking for revenge.

[Image: 10291]
19-06-2009, 04:46 AM | Post: #8
HeadHunter67 
Oh, I'm quite successful in avenging myself upon Commandos when my Soldier or Gunner get killed... but that comes from knowing how Commandos play and having some experience with it myself. It probably helps that I tend to use the same cunning tactics, albeit without the cloak of Stealth.

"Some people think they can outsmart me... maybe. But I've yet to meet man who can outsmart bullet!" Smile

[Image: WWsig9.png]

All the obstacles used by lesser minds to justify nerfs can be overcome by smarter play.
19-06-2009, 04:55 AM | Post: #9
Niksarass 
Janhyde you are giving the secrets of our business just like if it was pancakes!

sshhhhhhhh let them think commandos are overpowered until they take it and get pwned as well.

[Image: bfheroessig010920110408.th.png]
19-06-2009, 05:21 AM | Post: #10
HeadHunter67 
(19-06-2009 04:55 AM)Niksarass Wrote:  you are giving the secrets of our business just like if it was pancakes!
Don't worry - the people who might misuse those secrets against you are aslo too dense to keep from walking over a beeping object with a flashing light.

As I've said before, Commandos could walk around with a flashing light and siren and they'd still take out all the people who complain about "Commandos are OP!" Big Grin

[Image: WWsig9.png]

All the obstacles used by lesser minds to justify nerfs can be overcome by smarter play.
19-06-2009, 05:22 AM | Post: #11
xKarma 
JanHyde. I hate you.

Sincerely,
supKarma, a National Commando

[Image: 1]
19-06-2009, 12:51 PM | Post: #12
loenen 
JanHyde, I fully agree with you.
Most people don't seem to look around. Plenty of people that walk straight past me at a few meters (so they should have seen me) and then continue to walk into my TT that is lying at the bottom of the flag in plain sight.

My top tip to kill a commando: Open your eyes! (Or I will close them for you Smile )

[Image: 20790]

Go Royals!
19-06-2009, 12:52 PM | Post: #13
loenen 
double post...

But I still agree Big Grin

[Image: 20790]

Go Royals!
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009 12:53 PM by loenen.)
19-06-2009, 01:01 PM | Post: #14
Rudebottom 
Dude... Shut uuuup... Not cool... Dodgy When you get to late 20s level-wise there are already plenty of people who 2-shot me with a shotgun (see, sniper rifles aren't the only ones that can do it) when I try to stab them and you're not making it any easier.

Look ma', I dun' made a video! Give us a camera!
19-06-2009, 04:59 PM | Post: #15
Onesies 
good advice

ShadeShooter says image is too big, maximum height is 250 pixels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHACXANRZKU <-- Watch Hitler be outraged over the Battlefield prices.
19-06-2009, 06:21 PM | Post: #16
PurgeThunder 
I am SICK of hearing from Commandos/Gunners that love the fact that Grenade Spam got so nerfed. Of course they like it because it now allows them to dominate the game. Like it has been said so many times before, these classes are crushing Soldiers because of their lack of a balanced counter-attack.

No Soldier can stand up against a Gunner in the open field and they certainly can't stand against a two-shot kill from a Commando that appears out of nowhere from across the map. The only thing that truly kept them competitive was the effectiveness of the Grenade Spam.

To call it a a Noob Spam is to severely over-simpify the reason why a Soldier had it. It was THE SINGLE BEST COUNTER to the other two classes...BAR NONE. Burning Bullets are not as effective as the Gunners cannon and Blasting Strike does nothing against a Commando you can't reach. At least with the Grenade Spam you could reach the Commando and put some serious hurt on him while he's tucked away on the church tower or on a cliff. Now...no way. You stick your head out to try and put a few Burning Bullets in him and he's already popped you in the head twice...game over.

To say that you just have to "learn to play the game now" is a stupid response, especially coming from people that obviously don't play the Soldier (at least not as their primary hero). Also, there are plenty of guys out there that don't mind ignoring the Grenade Spam ability in favor of something else. In that case, the question must be asked: "Why have it as an ability if nobody wants to waste any points on it?"

Was Grenade Spam too powerful? Yes.

Should it have been nerfed as bad as it did? No.

What is the fix? Downgrade its power by ONLY 20% of its former damage, put the spread & blast radius back the way it was as well as its effectiveness against tanks. This will allow it from getting so many insta-kills but will still allow it to be effective and useful.

LIKE SO MANY HAVE SAID ALREADY...with the nerfed GS the game is unbalanced. Period.
19-06-2009, 07:17 PM | Post: #17
Libbe 
Erm.. Purge. My main is a Soldier, my secondary is a Commando. My KDR has risen since the update on my Soldier, and lowered on my Commando (although I'm a knifer). If you're mad about the GS nerf, you're a noob. Now you just need to use your other abilities to their full potential, use BS to throw people into water, Sixth Sense to have a WALLHACK, Burning Bullets unstealths a Commando and does some extra damage, and Combat Medicine resets your health instantly in mid-battle. Grenade Spam was overpowered, now it's what it was supposed to be, it was supposed to damage a small group of people a small amount, not kill all of them. At long range, throw a regular grenade and use BB, it will hurt them and commonly make them run away.

@HeadHunter-

#1 for the TF2 reference!

[Image: 1]
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009 07:20 PM by Libbe.)
19-06-2009, 07:44 PM | Post: #18
MAXIMUM_carnage 
JanHyde - Whats your take on snipers vs gunners? As a gunner, I've had fair success lately charging (zig-zagging) at snipers with Leg-It and guns blazing.

Obviously this won't work if they're half-way across the map; but if I'm at my base on SS, and you're on a hill that ain't THAT far away...

I've found that lofting RPGs over might get a few points of damage, but is completely ineffective against a calm, high level sniper.
19-06-2009, 07:45 PM | Post: #19
Tarby 
I had some gunner nerdragequit on me the other day cause he was convinced I was a hacker...

...cause I could turn invisible.

oh and he mentioned something about "why do I keep jumping into the air all the time"

>.<

Last thing....BB sucks! Since the GS fix it seems every soldier has it at lvl 5. Made me change the way I approach situations (note, not asking for a nerf!)
19-06-2009, 09:23 PM | Post: #20
SergeantSkiddly 
(19-06-2009 06:21 PM)PurgeThunder Wrote:  No Soldier can stand up against a Gunner in the open field and they certainly can't stand against a two-shot kill from a Commando that appears out of nowhere from across the map.

Just want to make this clear, I usaly win against open field Gunners. I use the right combination of skills to kill them in their element. Who says Soldiers are underpowered?

Also, Commandos ain't so tough. I have to say, this little topic has shown me a few things, but not many. I've learned how to deal with Commandos by myself, on the battlefield. You guys have to check your six as well you know...

P.S. Sorry I didn't quote this bit, but I hardly ever use the Grenade Spam in combat other that to put pressure on enemys hiding/on the other side of walls, etc.

P.P.S. I've seen Commandos spontainiously apear to snipe out of nowhere, but as long as you have team mates, they can't touch you. Healing is more effective if you have pals nearby, and setting a Commando on fire while he trys to snipe all you just tends to overload him a bit, depending on how skilled he is.

P.P.P.S. I Heart Burning Bullets!
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009 09:27 PM by SergeantSkiddly.)