Hello There, Guest!

18-05-2012, 10:35 AM | Post: #41
Jolly_Jonny 
(17-05-2012 03:18 PM)Mister_Mighty Wrote:  
(17-05-2012 02:27 PM)Jolly_Jonny Wrote:  
(17-05-2012 11:15 AM)Mister_Mighty Wrote:  You can test the pistol in the PTE. Rolleyes

There is no PTE Rolleyes

What did I play than? :<

http://pte.battlefieldheroes.com/en/

http://pte.battlefieldheroes.com/en/heroes/385493767
I actually played today. ;3
The front page says the PTE is still offline, I couldn't log into it. Huh

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2012, 10:37 AM | Post: #42
MattyG
Well, the advertisement for the Cowboy Pistols are up, keep an eye out for some easy kills.

And just thinking, if EA refuses to buff the MR Pistol, then why not make the regular one a free starter gun for Commandos and Soldiers? Just an interesting thought I came up with randomly, and it's not exactly going to be a profitable gun if it's not buffed.
18-05-2012, 10:52 AM | Post: #43
Drolix 
(18-05-2012 10:37 AM)MattyG Wrote:  And just thinking, if EA refuses to buff the MR Pistol, then why not make the regular one a free starter gun for Commandos and Soldiers?

Reminds me of my old suggestion Rolleyes

18-05-2012, 10:58 AM | Post: #44
:HAN: 
I like McGee from NCIS Big Grin
I hope there will follow Gibbs and Ziva weapons.
DiNozzo weapon is almost in game: the chair :3

18-05-2012, 10:59 AM | Post: #45
MattyG
(18-05-2012 10:52 AM)Drolix Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 10:37 AM)MattyG Wrote:  And just thinking, if EA refuses to buff the MR Pistol, then why not make the regular one a free starter gun for Commandos and Soldiers?

Reminds me of my old suggestion Rolleyes

201 signs? Looks like it made some good progress.
18-05-2012, 11:01 AM | Post: #46
BlakMital 
The MR pistol is a mando weapon, and it excels at what it is meant to do: countering knives and other pistols in mando duels and quickly finiching targets without getting into stealth range.

It doesnt need any buff, it is a specialized weapon.

18-05-2012, 11:31 AM | Post: #47
Dr. Rabbit 
(18-05-2012 11:01 AM)BlakMital Wrote:  The MR pistol is a mando weapon, and it excels at what it is meant to do: countering knives and other pistols in mando duels and quickly finiching targets without getting into stealth range.

It doesnt need any buff, it is a specialized weapon.

Yeah, the LR pistol does that job JUST fine...

In fact, the LR pistol is probably more effective at mid range than the MR pistol.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
18-05-2012, 11:33 AM | Post: #48
T3553RACT 
MR weapons are not efficient.

[Image: 5]
18-05-2012, 12:17 PM | Post: #49
APELINCOLN 
It looks kinda crappy Confused

18-05-2012, 12:38 PM | Post: #50
Drolix 
(18-05-2012 11:31 AM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  In fact, the LR pistol is probably more effective at mid range than the MR pistol.

The raw DPS of the MR pistol is much higher under 18 meters. (better rof, better dmg)

But you might rage against your stupid MR pistol that misses so often due to its pathetic accuracy.

18-05-2012, 12:42 PM | Post: #51
BlakMital 
(18-05-2012 11:31 AM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  Yeah, the LR pistol does that job JUST fine...

In fact, the LR pistol is probably more effective at mid range than the MR pistol.

No disrespect but checking out your mandos' stats you played 3 mins with the super MR pistol so obviously you got no clue about it. The pistol owns both LR and SR ones because in duels you will be always in its sweet spot, you will also have the advantage by closing the gap against LR and taking distance against SR, not to mention the 2 secs only reload time, it is meant for duels hence getting the new cowboy skins Idea

18-05-2012, 01:02 PM | Post: #52
SirLazarus 
I think they should be 6 shots+slow reload, with more power than the ubers. Re-skins are lame.

18-05-2012, 01:32 PM | Post: #53
Father_Giliam 
(18-05-2012 12:42 PM)BlakMital Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 11:31 AM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  Yeah, the LR pistol does that job JUST fine...

No disrespect but checking out your mandos' stats you played 3 mins with the super MR pistol so obviously you got no clue about it. The pistol owns both LR and SR ones because in duels you will be always in its sweet spot, you will also have the advantage by closing the gap against LR and taking distance against SR, not to mention the 2 secs only reload time, it is meant for duels hence getting the new cowboy skins Idea

Due to testing it out on alts and the PTE, I can honestly say youre dead wrong. The mid range pistol is only good when in its sweet spot, and the opening for said sweet spot is pathetic, and due to its horrid accuracy, even if your aim is right, youll miss. Outside of its sweet spot you might aswell be throwing rocks. Theres a reason why the MR pistol has been suggested to get a buff for multiple years. Any decent pistol user would choose the LR pistol, as it out performs the MR in every situation unless you can keep the MR in its sweetspot.

Currently the best use of the MR pistol is to soften up, and even then its mediocre at that as other weapons do it much better. If EAsy wants to see a sales spike, theyll buff MR pistols or make it a LR pistol reskin. Hell, its sales would shoot up if they made it a new type of pistol as suggested, a powerful 6 shooter.

[Image: i2MOx.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 01:38 PM by Father_Giliam.)
18-05-2012, 01:38 PM | Post: #54
Sozage2 
Sigh the cowboy pistol isn't a MRP reskin you could try it in the PTE 2-3 days ago.
It shoots faster than the MRP reloads faster and is actually more for close range.
The deviation isn't even THAT bad I hit 2 bullets out of 9 across that big road-ish thingy in RR and both bullets did 9 damage.
For Soldiers it isn't very good though unless you only fight 1 person at the time.
It's beast for Mandos IMO.
18-05-2012, 01:39 PM | Post: #55
Dr. Rabbit 
(18-05-2012 12:42 PM)BlakMital Wrote:  

No disrespect but blah blah

I know enough about the weapon to tell you that it's situational, it's inaccurate, and keeping it at the sweet spot where it's the most effective is about as easy as trying to lick your own elbow since mid range fights occur nowhere near as often as long range/point blank encounters.

[Image: VuIJBAM.png]
18-05-2012, 01:42 PM | Post: #56
Father_Giliam 
(18-05-2012 01:38 PM)Sozage2 Wrote:  Sigh the cowboy pistol isn't a MRP reskin you could try it in the PTE 2-3 days ago.
It shoots faster than the MRP reloads faster and is actually more for close range.
The deviation isn't even THAT bad I hit 2 bullets out of 9 across that big road-ish thingy in RR and both bullets did 9 damage.
For Soldiers it isn't very good though unless you only fight 1 person at the time.
It's beast for Mandos IMO.

As I stated in the previous thread, it is the same. MR pistols have a fast reload as well as its horrible deviation and small sweet spot, and MR also have a high RoF. If it is different (its most likely not), the stats are only slightly different. Ive already tried it out on the PTE as well (yesterday infact) and it performed just as well as a normal MR pistol.

18-05-2012, 01:47 PM | Post: #57
Sozage2 
(18-05-2012 01:42 PM)Father_Giliam Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 01:38 PM)Sozage2 Wrote:  Something.

As I stated in the previous thread, it is the same. MR pistols have a fast reload as well as its horrible deviation and small sweet spot, and MR also have a high RoF. If it is different (its most likely not), the stats are only slightly different. Ive already tried it out on the PTE as well (yesterday infact) and it performed just as well as a normal MR pistol.

Geuss I did really good with the MRP then.
But seriously can someone give prove like game files?
18-05-2012, 01:50 PM | Post: #58
Father_Giliam 
(18-05-2012 01:47 PM)Sozage2 Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 01:42 PM)Father_Giliam Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 01:38 PM)Sozage2 Wrote:  Something.

Geuss I did really good with the MRP then.
But seriously can someone give prove like game files?

Once TPang or Mik3ol gets on ill get the stats from them.

18-05-2012, 02:22 PM | Post: #59
BlakMital 
(18-05-2012 01:39 PM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  I know enough about the weapon blah blah blah

You dont know your a** from your elbow compared to anyone who has been using the pistol for over a year so you arent the best to judge the weapon.

Yes it is situational but it is good at what it does, at point blanc damage it beats LR pistol anytime and so against SR at long range (same accuracy as SR smg), I dont know what you guys want more, more accuracy? extended range? You got alternatives for that. It is not meant to be a main or a long range weapon, I use a rifle for that and switch to pistol and elixir for defense or engaging targets at mid range, you got enough agility as a mando to keep it at its sweet spot.

TLDR: MR pistol is underestimated NOT underpowered, it is situational but if you want other uses then there are other alternatives, and MR is their counter.

18-05-2012, 02:28 PM | Post: #60
Father_Giliam 
(18-05-2012 02:22 PM)BlakMital Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 01:39 PM)Dr. Rabbit Wrote:  I know enough about the weapon blah blah blah

You dont know your a** from your elbow compared to anyone who has been using the pistol for over a year so you arent the best to judge the weapon.

Yes it is situational but it is good at what it does, at point blanc damage it beats LR pistol anytime and so against SR at long range (same accuracy as SR smg), I dont know what you guys want more, more accuracy? extended range? You got alternatives for that. It is not meant to be a main or a long range weapon, I use a rifle for that and switch to pistol and elixir for defense or engaging targets at mid range, you got enough agility as a mando to keep it at its sweet spot.

TLDR: MR pistol is underestimated NOT underpowered, it is situational but if you want other uses then there are other alternatives, and MR is their counter.

When an item is completely siuational it becomes ineffective and underpowered. The window for its sweet spot is too small. Once again, the thread thats been around for years attests to that. A LR pistol will outperform it in nearly ever situation outside of its small sweetspot, though maybe not at point blank. Maybe. But the distance in between point blank and its sweet spot, you better believe the LR pistol will win. Then the instant you get outside of the pistols sweetspot in distance, LR pistol annihilates it.

(This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 02:36 PM by Father_Giliam.)