Hello There, Guest!

26-04-2012, 07:40 PM | Post: #1
LastShadow18 
In my opinion there are 2 stats, that even looked at together, don't give an accurate picture of the hero. First off is the W/L stat - completely useless. Do you have any idea how easy it is to pad this stat? All you have to do is leave the round before the round ends. There is something to be said for staying in the fight in hopes of the next round being better instead of bailing to enure your precious W/L ratio is maintained.

The other stats, is like the original poster said, the KDR. The biggest problem I have with the KDR is that ALL deaths are counted. Not just those that count against the ticket count. All plane crashes, own TT's exploding at the wrong time, mis-jumps, friendly tanks running over a damaged jeep, teammate's BSed jeep killing you, miss-deployed parachutes, being out of bounds too long, and the list goes on and on of ways to die without effecting ticket count. There have some rounds where I have killed myself (nothing was going my way those rounds) more than the other team has killed me.

The other major problem with KDR is that it doesn't factor in kill assists. Sure those show up on the score board, but they aren't actually counted on your hero's webpage. This is a huge reason why KDR is horrible at showing how good someone is. Kill assists are a huge indicator of team-players, but nothing really shows this. Without this bit of information, the KDR is completely useless at indicting how decent your teammates are. When I see my teammates engaged in toe-to-toe battles, I make sure to throw some shots into the fray to tip the scales in favor of my team. This gives me a lot of kill assists, but there's no way someone browsing my hero's profile would know that.

All credit goes to OffaLimb, he came up with it

My idea: remove deaths, kdr, losses and wlr, keep kills and wins for the positive effect. Instead of tracking kdr in numbers, there should be an indicator that says 'Skilled' / 'Average' / 'Casual Hero'. Of course, this would still indicate a certain kdr, but the real kdr would remain unknown. Skilled should indicate kdr above 2.0, average should be 1.0 and above till 1.9, casual should be bellow 1.0

An idea of Tomonor which a lot of people like to

[Image: wrmmwo.png]

Thanks to APELINCOLN for the ossum derp Big Grin
Hate boring pre-games? Read my guide!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 09:11 PM by LastShadow18.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2012, 07:44 PM | Post: #2
KarmaSoldier 
It's so obvious why you made such petition.

[Image: 2]
26-04-2012, 07:47 PM | Post: #3
blastors 
/sign.

[Image: 11]
26-04-2012, 07:50 PM | Post: #4
stupiditytries 
It's funny how you never see someone with a high KDR suggesting this. Cool

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about universe."
-Albert Einstein
26-04-2012, 07:52 PM | Post: #5
{BonusLevel} 
I think not-

Too many people would rage quit

[Image: siganimated2_zps390e56bd.gif]
26-04-2012, 07:56 PM | Post: #6
SKTELECOMgaming 
I think it's okay the way it is.

26-04-2012, 07:57 PM | Post: #7
LastShadow18 
do you ppl even read? It says why KDR or WLR aren't good the way they are now, they could adjust it or remove it. And can a forum mod move this to suggestions plz?

[Image: wrmmwo.png]

Thanks to APELINCOLN for the ossum derp Big Grin
Hate boring pre-games? Read my guide!
26-04-2012, 08:03 PM | Post: #8
MinisterSinister 
yes like [Kills,Assists,Deaths: 10,4,2][Ratio: 7.00] you mean?

26-04-2012, 08:06 PM | Post: #9
Fearless-Death 
(26-04-2012 07:52 PM)HkForby Wrote:  I think not-

Lol..
If someone would ragequit from the game because their precious kdr got removed, I don't see how this player could contribute anything to the game. Anyone - yes, anyone - can obtain a high kdr by doing stuff similar to bashing and camping. If the payer's objective was to get a high kdr, this person would rarely involve in team activity such as helping your team capture the flag and such; and this game is a team-game, not death-match/free-for-all.

If "too many people" would rage quit, this just means the game had attracted many people that don't belong in team-based games.

[Image: UQ7iX.png]

One PM, to rule them all

26-04-2012, 08:06 PM | Post: #10
Kryspy 
Just deal with it Big Grin (epic meme)

[Image: spongebobgifsubmarine.gif]
Spongebob NO!
26-04-2012, 08:14 PM | Post: #11
OffaLimb 
(26-04-2012 07:50 PM)stupiditytries Wrote:  It's funny how you never see someone with a high KDR suggesting this. Cool

I believe I'm being slightly misrepresented here. I could careless if the stats remain or not, I was merely pointing out how flawed they are, and that basing your thoughts on how good someone is on those stats is deeply flawed as well.

And, yes I know my KDR and W/L is low. I hold no delusions about my lack of skills. I kill some, some kill me, and often I end up killing myself by messing around instead of playing seriously. Also, I rarely leave a match prior to the end. All of this combines to make what looks like a lack-luster player.

[Image: 16bdd0o.png]

Free shot gun: 3QZZ-GGDK-ZYZX-JK3F - PM if you use it so I can remove this.
26-04-2012, 08:17 PM | Post: #12
Wixxi 
Who cares about stats?

26-04-2012, 08:19 PM | Post: #13
ardotschgi 
removing the k/d whould be a good idea. it means less noobbashing and camping.
but the reasoning of the thread-starter is not too convincing. the only reason why k/d stats are bad is because of the noobbashers

26-04-2012, 08:19 PM | Post: #14
Drew 
(26-04-2012 07:50 PM)stupiditytries Wrote:  It's funny how you never see someone with a high KDR suggesting this. Cool

Maybe it's because they actually care about their stats, duh.
The only good thing stats are for is watching yourself improve, they show nothing to other people.

HATE, just slip it into the next patch then be like "Sorry, can't fix it, I tried, oh well, trolololol".

(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 08:20 PM by Drew.)
26-04-2012, 08:20 PM | Post: #15
Ruhti 
(26-04-2012 07:56 PM)SKTELECOMgaming Wrote:  I think it's okay the way it is.

People like this are the reason why these stats should be removed. Just boosting KDR and WLR by noobbashing.

[Image: uc4sm.png]

(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 08:22 PM by Ruhti.)
26-04-2012, 08:28 PM | Post: #16
Tomonor 
My idea: remove deaths, kdr, losses and wlr, keep kills and wins for the positive effect. Instead of tracking kdr in numbers, there should be an indicator that says 'Skilled' / 'Average' / 'Casual Hero'. Of course, this would still indicate a certain kdr, but the real kdr would remain unknown. Skilled should indicate kdr above 2.0, average should be 1.0 and above till 1.9, casual should be bellow 1.0

26-04-2012, 08:38 PM | Post: #17
{BonusLevel} 
(26-04-2012 08:06 PM)Fearless-Death Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 07:52 PM)HkForby Wrote:  I think not-

If "too many people" would rage quit, this just means the game had attracted many people that don't belong in team-based games.

Yes, but people who play this game in a hard-core aspect often buy funds to get new weapons and such, thus EAsy would lose money. It's an unprofitable move-

[Image: siganimated2_zps390e56bd.gif]
26-04-2012, 08:45 PM | Post: #18
kubelek486 
Its weird when guy who KNOWS NOTHING about game wants to change it...

(26-04-2012 07:40 PM)LastShadow18 Wrote:  The biggest problem I have with the KDR is that ALL deaths are counted. Not just those that count against the ticket count. All plane crashes, being out of bounds too long, and the list goes on and on of ways to die without effecting ticket count
Ofc its not ur fault when u dont know how to fly, when u should leave the plane or when u should leave enemies safe area... Why u want to put on the same level good pilots and noobs who cant get even 1 kill without crashing a plane?! Why deaths caused by low game knowlege shouldnt be counted?!

(26-04-2012 07:40 PM)LastShadow18 Wrote:  The other major problem with KDR is that it doesn't factor in kill assists. Sure those show up on the score board, but they aren't actually counted on your hero's webpage. This is a huge reason why KDR is horrible at showing how good someone is. Kill assists are a huge indicator of team-players, but nothing really shows this.
Assist means assist, kill means kill... Why some1 who CANT kill some1 1on1 and all his kills are assists from 5vs1 should deserve for count? If u cant kill some1 u wont get kill deal with that but ofc for guy like u who have something like 2 kills per all round every single kill is extremaly important...

Like I said before u r just amateur who knows nothing about this game and u want to change it. I know that u r not proud of your extremaly weak stats (and u should) but its not the reason to change all game for 1 weak newbie who is crying about stats all the time (its your second tread about this in couple days TROLOLOLO)...

[Image: 10h9hj7.jpg]

It's my forum account

26-04-2012, 08:47 PM | Post: #19
-Scheetje! 
I don't care that much.
However it's funny to watch some statistics of certain people you love or dis-like Tongue
I wouldn't mind if they'd disappear, neither if they remain here.

(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 08:47 PM by -Scheetje!.)
26-04-2012, 08:47 PM | Post: #20
Drew 
(26-04-2012 08:28 PM)Tomonor Wrote:  My idea: remove deaths, kdr, losses and wlr, keep kills and wins for the positive effect. Instead of tracking kdr in numbers, there should be an indicator that says 'Skilled' / 'Average' / 'Casual Hero'. Of course, this would still indicate a certain kdr, but the real kdr would remain unknown. Skilled should indicate kdr above 2.0, average should be 1.0 and above till 1.9, casual should be bellow 1.0
Quoting this for 1 simple reason, it's a damn great idea.