Hello There, Guest!

11-06-2012, 03:08 AM | Post: #341
WorldBosh 
(11-06-2012 02:27 AM)Corparative Wrote:  So, care to answer the question?

You just don't seem to understand anymore do you? No one is taking you seriously anymore because you're beyond reasoning. One person (or a small percentage) of the community requesting a buff for an almost unused play style will not force the devs to buff said play style. Of course all developments made in the game eventually lead to revenue, but knifing in itself isn't broken, its the counters to them that make the play style difficult.

Fixing knifers < Keeping Soldiers, Gunners, and Non-Knifing Commandos happy.

Find all posts by this user
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM | Post: #342
Corparative
(11-06-2012 03:08 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  

You just don't seem to understand anymore do you? No one is taking you seriously anymore because you're beyond reasoning. One person (or a small percentage) of the community requesting a buff for an almost unused play style will not force the devs to buff said play style. Of course all developments made in the game eventually lead to revenue, but knifing in itself isn't broken, its the counters to them that make the play style difficult.

Like I've said before, which you seemed to not understand at all, the people who dont like this game and leave after playing it for a few minutes or days dont come over to the forums top post.

You really should read a statistical primer on bias and voluntary surveying if this is a new concept to you.
11-06-2012, 03:33 PM | Post: #343
The_WUUSTER 
(11-06-2012 01:41 PM)Corparative Wrote:  

Like I've said before, which you seemed to not understand at all, the people who dont like this game and leave after playing it for a few minutes or days dont come over to the forums top post.

You really should read a statistical primer on bias and voluntary surveying if this is a new concept to you.

No point in doing all that if you're incomprehensible to begin with.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM | Post: #344
dajurgen 
(11-06-2012 12:52 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Is the caliber of person you're dealing with.

He's trollin rite ? RIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTT ??????? .________________________.
11-06-2012, 05:50 PM | Post: #345
WorldBosh 

Thing is, most players start out with TWO weapons. The first character I ever played in BFH was my nat mando and I grew tired of knives QUICKLY (although I did run around with the katana pre-nerf for some time since it was lulsy Tongue). If a newb finds one weapon not working out for them, they'll obviously try the other one and if they've even a drop of patience, they'd try other weapons and eventually other classes/loadouts until they find what suits them. If NONE of the layouts on any of the classes suit them, BFH was never for them in the first place.

(11-06-2012 04:07 PM)dajurgen Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 12:52 AM)SweetName Wrote:  Is the caliber of person you're dealing with.

He's trollin rite ? RIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTT ??????? .________________________.
He didn't say it outright, but that was what he was implying Tongue.

11-06-2012, 05:59 PM | Post: #346
WorldBosh 
(11-06-2012 12:52 AM)SweetName Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 09:19 PM)dajurgen Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 08:52 PM)SweetName Wrote:  Now he's at the point where he thinks knifers should be able to teleport to targets for even MORE free stabs...

Wait wut ?

I'm glad you asked.

(31-05-2012 01:10 AM)Corparative Wrote:  But yeah, elixir is not a gap closer, its a sprint. A gap closer is a warrior's charge, or shadowstep, that closes the gap between you and your target.

In case you kids dont know. Smile

(03-06-2012 12:08 AM)Corparative Wrote:  Here's some vids showing the two moves.

Shadowstep

Feral charge

You press a button, you close the gap between you and your opponent.

This allows melee to get close to ranged classes.

^This^

Is the caliber of person you're dealing with.

I so didn't see that post lmfao. ^Proof an MMOTPS isn't for you (Corp) lmao.

12-06-2012, 02:32 AM | Post: #347
orpheus###### 
Corporative you should go back to WOW i think.
12-06-2012, 04:05 AM | Post: #348
Corparative
(11-06-2012 05:50 PM)WorldBosh Wrote:  

Thing is, most players start out with TWO weapons. The first character I ever played in BFH was my nat mando and I grew tired of knives QUICKLY (although I did run around with the katana pre-nerf for some time since it was lulsy Tongue). If a newb finds one weapon not working out for them, they'll obviously try the other one and if they've even a drop of patience, they'd try other weapons and eventually other classes/loadouts until they find what suits them. If NONE of the layouts on any of the classes suit them, BFH was never for them in the first place.

(11-06-2012 04:07 PM)dajurgen Wrote:  

He didn't say it outright, but that was what he was implying Tongue.

Your attitude is very strange. If the counters to knifing are overpowered, that means that knifing is underpowered. This is the definition of power balance. You run a very strange argument. You agree that counters to knife are overpowered...but nothing needs to be changed? This is an extremely strange and broken thread of (not) logic.

As to the BFH isn't for them... extremely interesting. Now you think you can decided for whom this game was created for? Really? I think this game was designed for anyone who wants to have a fun time. You, apparently, disagree. You think your point of view is correct, and everyone who disagrees with you needs to go away. Very interesting. Is this how you solve all your problems? You're correct, simply because you are you, and everyone who disagrees, well, this just isnt for them?

Why do you believe your opinions carry more weight than the opinions of other people?

The reason few people play knifers is because in its current implementation, its not viable. Does this not make sense to you? If it was made viable, more people would knife.

Again, the position you guys are taking, of not expanding the game and not improving it at all, just seems a little strange. Why in the world would you argue to maintain the status quo? Do you think the game is perfect or something?
12-06-2012, 04:14 AM | Post: #349
Corparative
Thewuuster Wrote:No point in doing all that if you're incomprehensible to being with.

Okay. Let me try to break this down for you.

Voluntary response surveys can be used by a statistician to collect information from the public. So-and-so, I leave a box of papers around, with questions, and directions to mail said papers to an address. The papers are about an issue, say, buffing knifers in BFH.

People coming up to the box, filling out a paper, and mailing it, is voluntary. Some choose to do it, others choose to just walk by; they cannot be bothered to go through the hassle of mailing a piece of paper, even though, theoretically, they have an opinion about the issue.

Now. I open my mailbox after a week, and look at all the papers sent it.

Is my sample representative of the population at whole. That is, out of the entire population of people that would play BFH if it was perfected, have I gotten the right proportion of people who want knifers to be buffed? Say, the majority of the papers say stuff like "Knifing and valid melee tactics for staying on targets have no place in BFH". Can I conclude that the entire population truley, in a majority fashion, believes that knifers shouldnt be buffed?

No. Because my method of getting information was a voluntary response survey. Only those that felt particularly moved about the issue responded. You get this all the time in elections, etc. etc. Its a known phenomenon.

These forums represent a voluntary method of collecting information; those who post here, are active and regular players. People who quit, didnt like the game, or never even played it, dont post here.

So the posts that you see here, are not representative of our population. The posts here make strange comments like "knifers are underpowered but thats okay." Trying to back up your statements with contentions along the lines of "we are the majority" is simply illogical and fallible, because the information you are relying on was collected in a biased manner.

A little more comprehensible now?
12-06-2012, 04:20 AM | Post: #350
dinkinflicka 
I tried playing a grenade-only soldier and I didn't do very well. I think grenades need a serious buff. I am certain there is a large amount of players who will agree with me that grenades need a buff, and will continue to believe this is true without providing any support for this claim.

Grenades need a buff because playing grenades only is not a viable option. I possess amazing insight into the minds of the developers, and have concluded that grenades were intended to be a primary weapon. I know this because I saw someone throw a grenade in the trailer for the game. Despite the fact that grenades are a secondary weapon, I refuse to use any other weapon in addition to my grenades.

I play this game with self-imposed handicaps, but I believe that my playstyle must be addressed and buffed by the developers of this game.

[Image: 3]
12-06-2012, 06:21 AM | Post: #351
mnjcompagnie 
(12-06-2012 04:20 AM)dinkinflicka Wrote:  I tried playing a grenade-only soldier and I didn't do very well. I think grenades need a serious buff. I am certain there is a large amount of players who will agree with me that grenades need a buff, and will continue to believe this is true without providing any support for this claim.

Grenades need a buff because playing grenades only is not a viable option. I possess amazing insight into the minds of the developers, and have concluded that grenades were intended to be a primary weapon. I know this because I saw someone throw a grenade in the trailer for the game. Despite the fact that grenades are a secondary weapon, I refuse to use any other weapon in addition to my grenades.

I play this game with self-imposed handicaps, but I believe that my playstyle must be addressed and buffed by the developers of this game.
omg, dude. That was awsome! Big Grin

[Image: banana.gif]
These bananas are brought to you by mnjcompagnie[Image: banana.gif]

Why you copypasta?
12-06-2012, 08:01 AM | Post: #352
orpheus###### 
(12-06-2012 04:20 AM)dinkinflicka Wrote:  I tried playing a grenade-only soldier and I didn't do very well. I think grenades need a serious buff. I am certain there is a large amount of players who will agree with me that grenades need a buff, and will continue to believe this is true without providing any support for this claim.

+1
12-06-2012, 09:36 AM | Post: #353
SweetName 

/begins slow clap

(The problem is, Velkorprative will just point to PB as an ability, and thus evidence that his playstyle is "correct" but somehow the devs just forgot what they intended commando play to be like..)

*Oh also, icon for commando is knife, so only weapon commando should use is Knife!!!!!

[Image: 2]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 09:37 AM by SweetName.)
12-06-2012, 10:12 AM | Post: #354
epicchickengod 
Grenades are fine. Before the Asian servers came, i played a build that consist of grenade spam and normal grenade. Worked fine.

[Image: u24jr.png]
Yugioh anyone? DuelingNetwork Username is Epicchickengod
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
12-06-2012, 12:14 PM | Post: #355
mnjcompagnie 
yeah, the asian servers ruined evrything!

Just kidding...

Anyways, I want to add my 2 cents to the conversation:
(please read it totaly before making an oppinion about my post)

Personnaly I think knifes are a little UP too, I know pistols should be used with them but this doesn't make it a normal build. Look at it this way, (btw, I am only talking about lvl 20+ knifing), even a shotgunner *gunner using shotties (Im quite proud of that name)* is less UP than a knifing commando(who is also using a pistol).
This is mainly because there are too much knife counters, a knifer gets dmged most of the time when he attacks someone, and he doesn't receive heals from most soldiers(this is sad, but true). Also people tend to work as a team (it is a good thing, but it is devistating for knifers) and everyone has counters to knifers.
I do not think the knife should get a buff (HELL NO! it is a good weapon and OP at low lvls), but some of the abilities. (I am pointing at YOU-->Poisoned Blade) are just plain stupid and should be changed. NOT buffed, because PB isn't an ability that fits knifing. It is mostly good for post mortems.
This make knifers nothing more than Trappers with a knife...(because most people choose TT).

So yeah, the devs might pay some attention to knifers. Making them a little less annoying little pricks(the reasons soldiers refuse to heal them)
A little heal feature might also work good.
And something to work in a team, or at least have a chance of killing 1 person who is working in a team.

BEFORE you think I am talking sh!t, think about this:
Most of you guys would not really disagree with me if there wasn't this guy on this topic who is defending the same point as me, but is behaving like a d1ckhead and comes with stupid ideas (No offense Corparative, but only knifing, refuse to use a secondary is stupid no matter what.)

So...
What about it?

Why you copypasta?
12-06-2012, 12:23 PM | Post: #356
Corparative

Do grenades have a dedicated primary ability to them?

Do BFH trailers show soldiers who carry nothing but grenades, throwing them left and right?

Another interesting case of a kid who has a small brain and wants to join in on the thread.
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM | Post: #357
mnjcompagnie 
quoting myself, I decreased the quote a lit'l
(12-06-2012 12:14 PM)mnjcompagnie Wrote:  Very important stuff I say, but not in this quote, read 2 posts back Smile

BEFORE you think I am talking sh!t, think about this:
Most of you guys would not really disagree with me if there wasn't this guy on this topic who is defending the same point as me, but is behaving like a d1ckhead and comes with stupid ideas (No offense Corparative, but only knifing, refuse to use a secondary is stupid no matter what.)

(12-06-2012 12:23 PM)Corparative Wrote:  *a genius quote*
Do grenades have a dedicated primary ability to them?

Do BFH trailers show soldiers who carry nothing but grenades, throwing them left and right?

Another interesting case of a kid who has a small brain and wants to join in on the thread.

I think I have made my point...

Why you copypasta?
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 12:36 PM by mnjcompagnie.)
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM | Post: #358
epicchickengod 
(12-06-2012 12:23 PM)Corparative Wrote:  Another interesting case of a kid who has a small brain and wants to join in on the thread.

Thats coming from you........

No one can take you seriously anymore, all the guys left the thread and might leave the entire section due to your ignorance. You need to think more about whos boss around and whos not. Going up aganist a blue with a attitude like that just shows that you dont deserve a place in any community.

[Image: u24jr.png]
Yugioh anyone? DuelingNetwork Username is Epicchickengod
Add me on skype please D: Name is epicchicken1123
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 12:41 PM by epicchickengod.)
12-06-2012, 01:00 PM | Post: #359
mnjcompagnie 
I have found 3 possible reasons why Corparative behaves like he does on the internet:

1: His brains can't handle social interaction, meaning he falls back on primate behaviour hiddin in fancy words. Also known as: autism.

2: He has problems at home, at work, in bed or somewere else (might be cause by upper reason or reason underneath), this causes stress and frustration and he starts to feel insecure and this is his way to abreact or protect himself. Now he can feel better about himself. BUT we are going against him, making him feeling offended and ashamed, so his behaviour gets worse.

3: He has a tiny willy (If you know what I mean Wink) and this causes frustration and failure in bed, which also causes frustration. It also makes him feel insecure and he abreacts this on the forums.

Of course, it can also be a mixture of this reasons.

Why you copypasta?
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM | Post: #360
Karaschk 
(12-06-2012 01:00 PM)mnjcompagnie Wrote:  I have found 3 possible reasons why Corparative behaves like he does on the internet:

1: His brains can't handle social interaction, meaning he falls back on primate behaviour hiddin in fancy words. Also known as: autism.

2: He has problems at home, at work, in bed or somewere else (might be cause by upper reason or reason underneath), this causes stress and frustration and he starts to feel insecure and this is his way to abreact or protect himself. Now he can feel better about himself. BUT we are going against him, making him feeling offended and ashamed, so his behaviour gets worse.

3: He has a tiny willy (If you know what I mean Wink) and this causes frustration and failure in bed, which also causes frustration. It also makes him feel insecure and he abreacts this on the forums.

Of course, it can also be a mixture of this reasons.

LolBig Grin

[Image: 6]