Hello There, Guest!

07-03-2012, 03:54 PM | Post: #21
VitalBullet 
This thread makes me sad.

So...

Everyone saying why are the widgets in there you just want the rare items inside the drops. Please stop and try to think for a second... If the only items you get are the "are" items then what is the point in making a supply drop anyway... might as well just put them in the store.

For those saying it is gambling. Technically it's not as you always get an item worth at least as much as the cost of the drop, so there is never any loss. The only reason YOU call it gambling is because you see anything that is not one of the "rare" items as a loss.

These are YOUR expectations of the Supply Drop feature, not what they actually provide which voids any actual gamble.

So by YOUR expectations the Supply Drops are indeed a gamble and you are never guaranteed to get the items you want in the first few drops... you could go 10+ drops and not get any of these items, or you could get one on your first, second and third tries

There is no "losing" but it takes some luck to get the jackpot... so to speak.

(Yes I know this threads is a little old)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 04:05 PM | Post: #22
UncleCreepy 
You could always add more clothing items instead of widgets to the supply drops. Supply drops should give weapons and clothing much more often than widgets. We want permanent clothing and weapons not band aids, wrenches, and temporary items. Instead of the Experimental Drop containing only rare clothing and widgets, they should contain the entire regular Dr set as well as the few rare items. This way each purchase will get you at least one part of permanent clothing and if you are lucky a rare. Its not that we want only rare items we simply do not want the widgets.

[Image: hTshe.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 04:22 PM by UncleCreepy.)
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 04:36 PM | Post: #23
-Scheetje! 
Just for the record... My royal mando had 3 of the 5 'rare' inventor items.
Tried to get the top for him, this is the result.

Note I got the mask in my first drop.
So 30k of funds for just a shipment of tonics.
Rather had bought some other items instead...

[Image: failedd.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 04:38 PM by -Scheetje!.)
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM | Post: #24
_Super1d__Zero_ 
^Why so sad lol?

Btw, did you bother to read Vital's post?

07-03-2012, 06:22 PM | Post: #25
TPangolin 
I'll be happy as long as they remove VP Boost from the drops...

If you encounter a poor, wild and naked Salvenius, please lend him some pants.
[Image: sZ5rw9G.png]
The Candied Bacon Podcast returns! Click Here to find out more!
07-03-2012, 06:33 PM | Post: #26
-Scheetje! 
(07-03-2012 06:01 PM)_Super1d__Zero_ Wrote:  ^Why so sad lol?

Btw, did you bother to read Vital's post?

Why so sad? I'm not sad, just wondering if it is normal to spend 30k funds for 1 hat that's as ugly as hell Smile
and yes, I did read VB's post.

07-03-2012, 06:37 PM | Post: #27
Gator4Eva 
I agree with Vital that it isn't gambling just because you don't get what you want, but having to drop 20,000 funds (as Vital said it could take 10 drops) seems like a total waste. You could buy tons of items and weapons with 20,000 funds, but you guys at EA think we should have to waste our money on one item because you want to make more money?

I always am hesitant to buy 1 supply drop out of fear of getting a widget, I rarely buy funds, maybe 20 dollars worth every 3 months? Even less now that EA banned my original account (but that is a different story). So when I do have 10,000 funds (and right now I have no weapons) and wanting to get a drop and weapons, I dont want to spend 2000 on a drop that gives me a widget on the first 1-10 drops when I could've gotten a weapon instead. Just make more rares, some witha lower chance, so that almost every drop gives a clothing item, high rate or not. Keep the widgets but with a MUCH lower chance.

[Image: ienpt4.png]
07-03-2012, 06:58 PM | Post: #28
captainmessi 
(27-02-2012 09:59 PM)-Scheetje! Wrote:  Opened 8 2k funds supply drops, and he only thing I got were widgets.
Just a matter of bad luck Confused
says the guy who complains when i QQ. LOL jk. btw guys Stop QQ over not getting ur items. its a gamble. so dont QQ when u loose. even if u do it over and over again and get widgets its not ea's fault its your fault for spending the funds when knowing u could end up with a load of widgets. All ways do barbarian drops they always give unlimited first try.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 07:00 PM by captainmessi.)
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM | Post: #29
captainmessi 
(27-02-2012 10:08 PM)blindboylevy Wrote:  You've seen threads about people asking for drops like this and like that. You've seen threads about people nerf stuff. Now you want higher drop rates? C'mon, what's next. Every weekend 4000P4F-F.?
+1 i normally dont agree with u but on this i do.

07-03-2012, 07:26 PM | Post: #30
Acetonium 
woahh, this thread has almost 400.000 views Tongue
It's an interesting topic though, would be cool if you could get some smallish things if you don't get the stuff you're actually looking for, and not widgets...

Ace
07-03-2012, 07:32 PM | Post: #31
captainmessi 
^^ whats that hammer next to closed beta never seen it before? is it from LOU?

07-03-2012, 07:39 PM | Post: #32
Harlinger 
Well you might always get an item of the same price, that doesn't mean you will never get worthless items. Like a VP or XPboost for a level 30 player.

And the goal for a player buying a boost isn't to get an item which is worth the same BF, but to get the items. Leading to frustration. EA has a choice, increase the change of getting a really wanted item, or increase the number of widgets you get, or, my favorite, make a wrence or tonic the standard you will get when not receiving an item. Cause those VPboosts can't satisfy me.

07-03-2012, 08:16 PM | Post: #33
Mister_Mighty 
Just removing the VP-Boosts would be nice or at least make their dropchance a lower.

07-03-2012, 08:18 PM | Post: #34
Gator4Eva 
Maybe EA could put Pocket jeep, magic, and other expensive widgets instead of bandages, wrenches, and tonics. I'd rather get 20 pocket jeeps then 500 wrenches.

07-03-2012, 08:28 PM | Post: #35
Harlinger 
(07-03-2012 08:18 PM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  Maybe EA could put Pocket jeep, magic, and other expensive widgets instead of bandages, wrenches, and tonics. I'd rather get 20 pocket jeeps then 500 wrenches.

Lolwut? Are you crazy? Wrenches rule!

07-03-2012, 08:31 PM | Post: #36
Gator4Eva 
(07-03-2012 08:28 PM)Harlinger Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 08:18 PM)Gator4Eva Wrote:  Maybe EA could put Pocket jeep, magic, and other expensive widgets instead of bandages, wrenches, and tonics. I'd rather get 20 pocket jeeps then 500 wrenches.

Lolwut? Are you crazy? Wrenches rule!
Not when you don't play on vehicle maps they dont >:O

07-03-2012, 08:49 PM | Post: #37
Wynhead 
I think the drops are cool.

The drops are mostly the only thing where I spend my money on....

Keep it up with the Drops EA!

Wynhead

[Image: th_Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbertsmall.gif]
EA Support (Billing Link) Click!
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM | Post: #38
Equuinox 
(07-03-2012 03:54 PM)VitalBullet Wrote:  There is no "losing" but it takes some luck to get the jackpot... so to speak.

I entirely understand your points, but it's not the rate of the rare items, but what they are replaced by that bothers me. Every alternative to a rare is a limited, and in the case of VP boost, fairly useless item. I'm all for keeping the drop sets exclusive, but please- offer something a bit more rewarding in return for what will definitely be a lot of money spent in attempts to get the drops.

[Image: equuiroyal.png]
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM | Post: #39
CHIARAMONTAY 
(07-03-2012 07:32 PM)captainmessi Wrote:  ^^ whats that hammer next to closed beta never seen it before? is it from LOU?
Long before you arrived in the Community. Those hammers were assigned to people to be the Judges in Official Media contests. From what I remember Solid and Cyblos had them.

Sorry to go Offtopic.

[Image: nf5egy.png]
16-03-2012, 10:57 PM | Post: #40
herbbie88 
(27-02-2012 10:08 PM)blindboylevy Wrote:  You've seen threads about people asking for drops like this and like that. You've seen threads about people nerf stuff. Now you want higher drop rates? C'mon, what's next. Every weekend 4000P4F-F.?

sounds good to me!

|||My Youtube ||| My Xfire |||

[Image: ux26u.png]

||| Join Star Wars Heroes ||| Join our server's group, Kamikaze Heroes! |||
I used to be a noob, but then I took an arrow to the knee...