Hello There, Guest!

28-01-2012, 02:31 AM | Post: #181
SweetName 
(14-11-2011 08:24 PM)darkette Wrote:  Fast rifle is the future of commandos im glad its so underrated at the moment Smile

Actually, as a closed beta player, I can say that not only is fast rifle not overrated, fast rifle + PS5 has consistently been labeled as the single most overpowered and unbalanced setup in the entire game.

That's the reason why I say it's so boring... Sniping in this game is stupidly easy. Especially if you're just doing a fast rifle + PS5 spam... because you really don't even need to bother aiming for the head.

(17-11-2011 06:01 PM)speedslash66 Wrote:  give me some tips on VV plz 'cause i find in IMPOSSIBLE!! thanks.

I talked about it earlier in the thread... but if you ask a more specific question, I'd be happy to answer.

(26-01-2012 12:31 PM)orpheus###### Wrote:  Using this build makes so many mandos rage, particularly one QQer in elf clothes.

Big Grin and thats what makes it so fun! (and is really the whole reason I started playing this way to begin with.)

[Image: 2]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 05:13 AM | Post: #182
The_WUUSTER 
(28-01-2012 02:31 AM)SweetName Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 08:24 PM)darkette Wrote:  Fast rifle is the future of commandos im glad its so underrated at the moment Smile

Actually, as a closed beta player, I can say that not only is fast rifle not overrated, fast rifle + PS5 has consistently been labeled as the single most overpowered and unbalanced setup in the entire game.

That's the reason why I say it's so boring... Sniping in this game is stupidly easy. Especially if you're just doing a fast rifle + PS5 spam... because you really don't even need to bother aiming for the head.

I remember watching Shodredux's videos where he blows up jeeps with a single clip.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
03-03-2012, 04:07 PM | Post: #183
SweetName 
(02-03-2012 05:13 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  I remember watching Shodredux's videos where he blows up jeeps with a single clip.

LoL,

Back in the day a pretty common Nat strategy on VV would be for a commando to elixer rush the jeep, then haul bawls solo to the roadblock.

Then PS5 + Fast rifle the royal jeep as it approached the flag.

Yeah, again, Ps5 has Consistently been a major problem with the balancing of BFH.

PS5 + Fast rifle even more so.

IMO.
Fast rifle needs a small buff to base damage.
Slow rifle needs a small buff to headshot damage.
and PS needs removed from the game.

*Guide underwent minor editing as well.

08-04-2012, 09:41 AM | Post: #184
x3m_w505 
GREAT GUIDE! im just wondering what do you usually do if you gotta escape and your stealth is only lvl 1? and i find it very hard to flank in maps like PP or VV cause there is almost always only close quarters combat. when i start shooting from close they 1. spot me 2. burning bullets/kegzooka 3. well... you can guess what happens next Big GrinD
so does the pistol master have some advice for me? Smile
10-04-2012, 03:13 PM | Post: #185
jepu2K 
why not use jack's cloudmaker instead of that other VLR pistol? 0_o it,s more effective

[Image: 3flbZMn.png]
11-04-2012, 04:47 PM | Post: #186
AugustoMontt 
xD estoy viendo

[Image: 1]
13-04-2012, 03:21 AM | Post: #187
PyroOvalord 
Im using two Moderate range pistols that good?

15-04-2012, 07:03 AM | Post: #188
SweetName 
(10-04-2012 03:13 PM)jepu2K Wrote:  why not use jack's cloudmaker instead of that other VLR pistol? 0_o it,s more effective

It wasn't more effective at the time I WROTE this guide....

It's even less effective now.

(VLR pistol has roughly 3x the damage output of the Pirate pistol. Is easier to use, and is more accurate.)

(08-04-2012 09:41 AM)x3m_w505 Wrote:  GREAT GUIDE! im just wondering what do you usually do if you gotta escape and your stealth is only lvl 1? and i find it very hard to flank in maps like PP or VV cause there is almost always only close quarters combat. when i start shooting from close they 1. spot me 2. burning bullets/kegzooka 3. well... you can guess what happens next Big GrinD
so does the pistol master have some advice for me? Smile

I use elixir to escape.

There is always a flank SOMEWHERE... the hard part is finding it. IF you can't find it, then just stick t following behind your gunners/soldiers, and helping DPS whatever they're fighting.

YOu shouldn't be the focus of your enemy... so should only take incidental damage most of the time. (IF there is a gunner in your face... its easy to ignore the guy behind him with the pistols Big Grin )

But... If you can give a more specific scenario... I'll be happy to try and give a more specific answer.

(Also... Somewhere in this thread I wrote a pretty lengthy segment about VV... if you want to find it, it might help.)

(13-04-2012 03:21 AM)PyroOvalord Wrote:  Im using two Moderate range pistols that good?

2x MR pistols is only good... if the person using them is EXTREMELY GOOD. (And extremely experienced.)

I didn't check your profile... but unless this is your 3rd commando you're taking to level 30 and are just trying to have a laugh... I wouldn't use 2x MR pistols if I was you.

(Mr + VLR pistol is fun though.)

(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 07:05 AM by SweetName.)
16-05-2012, 11:15 PM | Post: #189
DeathByBANG 
I currently have two VLR pistols, the PP, normal SR pistol, and Micro SMG. any ideas on if a different combo would be viable?

[Image: NevilleComeAtMeBro.gif]
18-05-2012, 12:08 PM | Post: #190
SweetName 
(16-05-2012 11:15 PM)DeathByBANG Wrote:  I currently have two VLR pistols, the PP, normal SR pistol, and Micro SMG. any ideas on if a different combo would be viable?

Well....

VLR pistol + ANY other weapon is totally viable.

I wouldn't try and mix the sr-pistol + micr-smg...

So... ANY combo of your above weapons is good. (Except for the two short range... That's because the reload time is really too fast for using both to be very useful)

But A combo that includes VLR pistol will be stronger than a combo that does not. (Usually)

VLR + PP you can play pretty much the same way as I described in my 2x VLR pistol guide.

But any build that uses one of your short range guns... You'll be best off looking at a knifer guide... and making some small adjustments.

I.E.

Stealth 5
Elixir 5
Then your choice of...
MT5 + TT1
TT5 + MT1
OR.... (If you can't make up your mind Tongue )
MT3-TT3

(ONLY do MT on 1,3,5 Never on 2,4... the even levels are a huge waste of time.)

I personally prefer MT5 over TT5... but that's more because I enjoy making commandos rage... than it is because I think it's the stronger skill.

*Side note: Both my 2x pistol guide posts got bumped on the same day! Fun times for me.

(This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 12:10 PM by SweetName.)
21-05-2012, 09:11 PM | Post: #191
TheeTreeHugger 
Nice guide Big Grin

It's me Richy_Greenback :3
[Image: 358opso.png]
0 Kills + Level 9!!!
28-05-2012, 09:19 AM | Post: #192
SweetName 
(21-05-2012 09:11 PM)TheeTreeHugger Wrote:  Nice guide Big Grin

/wave

07-06-2012, 07:38 PM | Post: #193
jallu87 
nice guide. this will surely help players who dont want to.knife or snipe...
first time when i read this guide Smile only thing that if u dont have a remotely balanced teams this build is hard to use.(lack of heals/ieg etc etc.) and if ur team havent got any teamwork its justget harder. but certainly most fun build.

11-06-2012, 01:06 AM | Post: #194
SweetName 
(07-06-2012 07:38 PM)jallu87 Wrote:  nice guide. this will surely help players who dont want to.knife or snipe...
first time when i read this guide Smile only thing that if u dont have a remotely balanced teams this build is hard to use.(lack of heals/ieg etc etc.) and if ur team havent got any teamwork its justget harder. but certainly most fun build.

Yeah...

The less teamwork available... the more you're forced to play as a modified sniper. (Although... I will say that at least 50% of the heals I got when playing this build... were not intentional heals on the part of the soldier. I just made an effort to be in the area so I would snag their heal when they used it on themselves.)

22-06-2012, 02:12 AM | Post: #195
Apoplectic 
Finally getting around to trying this (yay 3k free BF!). I must be doing something wrong because I'm only getting 2-5 and scoring in the 500 to 750 range, even with 3/5 MT. I may get around to posting a vid of myself if I remember doing it.

If for whatever reason the group your with all dies, and your facing 2-3 enemies, should you try to spam shots at them until you get low on health, or just skank your way out of there immediately.

Also, why not use dual PP?
[/troll]

[Image: 10]
22-06-2012, 04:14 AM | Post: #196
orpheus###### 
(22-06-2012 02:12 AM)Apoplectic Wrote:  Finally getting around to trying this (yay 3k free BF!). I must be doing something wrong because I'm only getting 2-5 and scoring in the 500 to 750 range, even with 3/5 MT. I may get around to posting a vid of myself if I remember doing it.

If for whatever reason the group your with all dies, and your facing 2-3 enemies, should you try to spam shots at them until you get low on health, or just skank your way out of there immediately.

Also, why not use dual PP?
[/troll]

Well firstly it depends on how well you can aim, if you can aim good, you will do good. And make sure you always use your elixer to move quickly and make sure mt is always on cool down.
Those are about the only things i can think of to make it work better atm.

**** this game, that is all.
23-06-2012, 02:28 PM | Post: #197
Kanonamos 
If you have the money, and the inclination to spend it, you could invest some funds in the pirate keg. Combined with 5 TT is a pretty easy, albeit cheap, kill.
I prefer to have bandages :)
5 TT is useful for chucking down in a group (combined with 5 Stealth for an extra sneaky edge), and shooting to blow it up quickly, netting some good damage. The lingering poison effect allows you to elixir away to cover and still know where your targets are at. Very good for predatory tactics.
It does a whopping 55 damage, so if some one is coming for you, drop a TT near a corner, shoot it when they come around it, and finish them off by backpedaling with the GL, and plugging some rounds into them with the LRP.
CRP takes much more practice to use, but is HIGHLY effective when mastered.
Unlike the dragzooka -,-
I've just finished a match against 4 or 5 royal mandos, plus one gunner.
The mandos were particularly interesting in their use of weapons, widgets, and abilities, to craft their own personal play style.
Suffice it so say, they were very hard to kill :)
The best one, ~Karma~ I think he was called, used this combo, plus 5 TT and pirate keg widgets. Tonics too i think, which is unfortunate, but there's not much I can be arsed doing about that :/
He just comes up behind you and B-B-B-B-B-BLAM dead *-*
At least I would have been if not for a good strafing maneuver and blasting strike :) I <3 U BS!!1!!
But he did kill me a few times. Not many mandos can do that to be truthful. The knife is too slow to kill, and kinda iffy. I can strafe a sniper and plug bullets into him with the LRP.
But a dual LRP mando with 5 elixir? I don't even bother dueling them. Just grab cover, some grenades, and let the gunners and soldier come to me :)
CRP + LRP mandos are especially dangerous as they can be proficient at all ranges. Especially with widgets, 5 TT, and a GL.
Dual LRP mandos are absolutely dominating in long range confrontations and medium range. At close range they can escape with that 5 elixir while spamming the GL, or with a TT jump :)
It's what I do.
Drop your rifles and knives, grab some pistols, do these things as a mando, and you'll dominate the battlefield :)

P.S. with 5 PS and a slow or fast rifle, you can do pretty well. Never engage pistol mandos though, they'll always win. Pull out your own LRP and backpedal to cover.
But that's another tutorial thread :)

24-06-2012, 06:07 PM | Post: #198
Skikids10 
I just had the best round on LL playing this build. I had 4161 points with 20 kills. I play with normal and super harrys hand cannon. Thank you so much to the author of this guide. I can destroy with this build. The opponents don't realize that the dude shooting the pistols is the guy they should shoot, not the gunners lol. I end up weakening the entire enemy team, making them easy targets for my team; especially with the 5 elixir and 3 mt build im playing right now. WOOT!

[Image: muggif.gif]
[Image: muggifi.gif]
[Image: muggif.gif]
24-06-2012, 11:06 PM | Post: #199
shutterofdeath 
nice guide, gonna try it out

17-07-2012, 03:52 AM | Post: #200
Red5Zero 
I have read the guide and found it very informative, but I think with the buffing of GS it makes this role fairly hard. The amount of GS being thrown these days is unbelievable and all it takes is for a few of those grenades to come your way and your stuffed. In fact I would say in my limited time playing this role its the biggest threat.

The other thing I am learning fast is to stop thinking Im a gunner in disguise and charging the enemy while shooting, because unless you have aimbot your not taking down two gunners and a soldier..... LOL