Hello There, Guest!

03-11-2010, 04:38 PM | Post: #1
ShadeShooter Go to next important person...

Welcome to the Community Moderator profiles, here you will find out a little about the green posters you see around the forum. These profiles are completely optional and can be added or removed upon request by the moderators, so you may not see all of our moderators here. For the full list of current moderators, check here

All profiles are linked at the top for ease of access and for better viewing pleasure.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 04:43 PM by ShadeShooter.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM | Post: #2

Santaher0
EU Region

Who are you:
Well eumh... I'm santaher0 of course!
I'm 16 to become 17 In november, so guess I'm the youngest mod over here now;D.

Where are you from:
I'm a proud inhabitant of the beautiful and small country called Belgium Big Grin

Why did you accept the comm-mod position?
Well eumh I got asked to be part of the team.
And ya know that mod status looked very attractively so I couldn't refuseTongue.
And they told me a yeti and a dwarf(with evil powers) would come and eat me if I would refuse.
*Carefully watches if the yeti or the dwarf are around*

What do you like best about Heroes:
It's just the feeling I get while playing the game.
I mostly like the cartoon part of the game and the abilities + emotes(and so onXD) in fact just everything about this game is different then all other shooters I used to play, that's why I like BFH so much.
And I guess you don't have to be Ultra skilled to be good at this, as I pretty much suck at all other shooters(online), and this game perfectly matches my skill lvlBig Grin.

Gaming Mantra:
Is this like a warscream? if so you can often see me yelling POOCHAAAA!! in the chat....Big Grin
So wait up with calling the pshyctrics as I'm not nutts!

What other games do you play:
Mhhm liked BF2 alot but my laptop couldn't handle it, these days I've bought me a new one, and well Sometimes I play BFBC2 but BFH attracts me more, it's a game which can't bore me as after a year of playing and counting I still experience funny moments.
On the other consoles my favourite game would be Ratchet and Clank of courseBig Grin.

What do you do in your spare time?
Playing Battlefield Heroes of course, and hanging out with my friends!

What hobbies do you have:
Used to play tennis(still love to play it as it's the most amazing sport ever inventedBig Grin), did some climbing(inside) with my brother and Currently doing some fitnessing with some of my friends.

Any favorite bands or music in general?
This may sound old schoolish but I like Bryan AdamsBig Grin, Linkin park, Coldplay, Kings Of Leon, Greenday, and many more are on my list aswell;D.
In fact I like to listen to most of the music I hear, so it varies alott, but I defintly don't like techno, dubstep and that kind of music.

best regards santaher0
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM | Post: #3

Cryspy
EU Region

Who are you:
I am CrySpy, aka Christoffer. Knack'd n' loaded!
I'm currently 17 and is aiming for an engineering posistion within computing and/or electronics

Where are you from:
I'm from Bergen, Norway. The one place the real vikings live.
I've been living there my whole life and love the enviorment around here. Unless work takes me away I'll never move far away.

I thought I could help out more by accepting this posistion
I was told that if I refused the offer U-238 would zap my internetz, cut off my custard supply and eventually break my fingers. I like my fingers and my custard.

I like the customation part very much. being able to be unique on the battlefield (and thus easier to hunt down) gives a good feeling of having an identety in addition to your in game nick, as compared to most other shooters. I also like the big differnces in play styles each class can have.

What did you do before BF:Heroes?
I didn't have any specific games I played more than others over longer periods of time, though I had just started playing some inf only in BF2. I got around 50 hours ingame before I entered the beta in early March '09

I currently play only play BFh, but i enjoy the other BF games, Crysis, Half-Life, Counter-Strike StarCraft II and WarCraft III. I like most shooters and RTS games.

In my spear time I usually spear my enemies with my spear.
However, in my spare time I usually hang out with friends pwn or working on my webdev skills.

I'm quite fond of electronics and computing in genreal, so you have that, in addition to gaming.
Not to mention that science is cool.

The most within rock and metal, with the exception of the most hardcore.
AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Audioslave, Metallica, Rise Against, Korn, Bullet for My Valentine are the ones I bother listening to. It's too many to mention, and those were just some. Old school rock and metal is still the very best.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 04:10 PM by CrySpy.)
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM | Post: #4

Pytt
EU Region

Who are you?
I’m a Communication & Multimedia Design student from the Netherlands. Born back in 1989 on the 15th of November.

What do you like best about Heroes?
I like Battlefield Heroes for the high fun factor, the fact that it’s free and for the possible ways of customizing the game (your Hero) to your own taste. The style Battlefield Heroes has, in both design and gameplay, is the perfect match for what I’m looking for in a game. Nothing too serious and play whenever you want.

Why did you accept the Community Moderator position?
They kidnapped my new hamster brigade back then. I have not heard of them since. Ask Groonz.

What other games do you play?
At the moment Battlefield Heroes is the game I mostly play. Games I like and enjoyed playing are Dead Rising 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Crysis, Just Cause 2, Mass Effect 2, …
I'm waiting for my Battlefield 1943 - PC pre-order.

Magnetic Man, Kings of Leon, Chase & Status, Eminem, Linkin Park, Tinie Tempah, MSTRKRFT, Professor Green, Pendulum, Plan B, Sub Focus, Gorillaz, JUSTICE, Limp Bizkit, MUSE, Wolfmother and lots more. For more check my last.fm.

Where can we find you?
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2010 12:27 PM by ShadeShooter.)
03-11-2010, 04:50 PM | Post: #5

b00sted
NA Region

Who are you?
My name real name is John or best known on the forums and in game as b00sted. I am 28 Years old married with our first child on the way. I have been doing PC support for most of my life and currently working as a Software support tech for medical billing software.

Where are you from?

I am currently located near Rochester New York.

Why did you become a Community Moderator?
I was bribed to keep my mouth shut and keep spending money on the game, in all seriousness thought I have been quite active on the forums and and such for better part of two years and I think my love for the game helped pave my way.

I like the "fun factor" of the game, it is not every day I can take out a ninja werewolf.

What's your favorite class and why?
Honestly they all have their fun points but I have to say the commando is my favorite right now as they just seem to bring the rage out by the buckets.

Only other game I currently play is World of Warcraft (I know, start the flaming lol). I also love all of the Battlefield series and own ever pc game out to date.

I am one for Classic rock or Metal. I can go from AC/DC to Atreyu to Pantera in one swoop.

Your weirdest hobby?
I like to make 8-bit game heroes out of perler beads :X

And what is your Nerdiest apparel?
pretty much everything I own lol but I have to say the best is my 8-bit tie.

If I could be a game character, I would be… ?
Leisure Suit Larry? lol
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM | Post: #6

Helicopter_AMBO
AU Region

Who are you?
My real name is Mark. But in any games I play, my name revolves around Helicopter_Ambulance. I'm 20 Years old, and have been studying IT for the last few years.

Where are you from?
I'm from the small detached state at the bottom of Australia.. Tasmania.

Why did you become a Community Moderator?
I've always been around the forums, I used to post on the old forums while I was waiting to get into the closed beta. Been around since then, always secretly hoping one day I would get asked Tongue

I like the crazyness of it, all the funny moments, and emoting Smile

I've always been a gunner, through all the nerfs and buffs. Rocket jumping and keg of doom makes it fun. Two level 30 gunners, and will probably have another two in the next few months Tongue

When i first started playing PC games, i played BF2 a lot, I've always loved the battlefield games.
I play a bit of TF2, L4D2, Killing floor, CoH, C&C games and LAN a fair few other games.

I listen to screamo music. Bring me the horizon, All that remains, The bled. But then sometimes I dont mind a bit of techno, or some other random thing.

Your weirdest hobby?
I dont know if you would call it a hobby, but i like to watch family guy a lot. I've watched through all the seasons several times Tongue
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM | Post: #7

Provi
NA Region

Who are you:
I'm a 20 year old Film and Interactive Media student waiting to transfer. My dream is to make movies but I find designing games to be fascinating as well.

Where are you from:
SoCal... of course. Wink

I have never worked for EA (albeit unofficially), let alone been a mod before, so I couldn't resist. Also, I got the invite at the time I began spending time elsewhere, so this gave new life to my experience on the forum and in the game.

I like the game's balance between casual and hard core play.

Commandos by far. They have the most varied gameplay because the range of weapons and abilities they have available.

Gaming Mantra:
Kill me once, shame on you; kill me twice, shame on me.

I used to play Half Life and Halo among other FPSs and an occasional RPG like Morrowind, but my favorite games remain RTSs like Age of Empires, Total War, and Black and White.

I'm slowly making progress designing an RTS, but I play BFH and mobile games a lot.

I like to listen to soundtracks. Patrick Doyle, Hans Zimmer, and Harry Gregson-Williams are my favorite film composers while Jeremy Soule and Martin O'Donnell are my favorite game composers. E.S.Posthumus and Two Steps From Hell have some great tracks as well.
23-11-2010, 12:58 PM | Post: #8

Nameless Sniper
NA Region

Who are you?
I am The Nameless Sniper and I approve this profile. I'm sure all of you are reading this just waiting to see what my name is, well here it is...
My name is: *transmission cut off*

Where are you from?
Sorry about the transmission problems up there, something went wrong with my router...
I live in a town about 45 miles away from Chicago, Illinois which is the best city in the whole entire USA. If you've never cried about the Cubs, cheered for the Bears, never enjoyed a Chicago Style Hot Dog, and never had Deep Dish Pizza from Giordanos (the best pizza in the whole world) you are missing out.

Because I was promised cake! Unfortunately the cake turned out to be a lie.
No, I really enjoy the community here. There are the normal ragers and spammers but somewhere in between we have some nice normal people. So of course when I was asked to help make these forums a better place I said yes.

The fact that it is free, I like free stuff.
Oh and the fun, cartoonish game play never gets old.

What did you do before Heroes?
Nothing, my whole life was for nothing. But then I found Heroes...

Well I really like platformers. I've played through every 3D Super Mario game. Oh and a really good Adobe Flash platformer is Mr. Runner, so when Heroes is down why not try that?

Well since I'm defining spare time as "time spent not playing Heroes" I'll start with what I do.
I am a Web Developer. So I spend a lot of time refining my code, and telling my code monkeys what to do.
I like to make Independent Films (not that they are good). I read books, especially mysteries. Oh and I browse the interwebz looking for some cool new tech thing that no one cares about.
And if you are looking for some cool action show that still has brains then I would recommend this: Burn Notice, when I first heard about this show I watched the first two seasons in one week, even more addicting then Heroes.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 04:51 PM by ShadeShooter.)
23-11-2010, 01:00 PM | Post: #9

M1k3ol
NA Region

Who are you:
Mike, known here as the "double agent" M1k3ol, during the "heroes of The Fall" update, my studies are quite funny too, Electronics and Automation Engineer, knowing what makes a "work line" not respond correctly is just half of the trip O_o

Aside from being part of the BFH Community Moderators Team, I'm also an i3d.net Community Game Servers Admin for the North America Region.

Where are you from:
THAT is still under investigation...my wife says I'm from another planet O_o

That is a good story...my involvement in the community was always centered on coding and weapons (and file digging), along some "reports" that I regularly send to -VP- (comm mod on those times), later on I applied for the first i3d.net server admins group (when there was an announcement for it, that was a year ago) and got selected for the North America Team along other well known users and comm mods (like -VP- and Wild`NativeJam)

I started to get even more involved on the forums, specially on the "General Chat" section, since that was the section with the more interesting threads (personal taste) with "BFH related" discussions, some months after all that, Bulleteater asked me "have you ever thought about being a comm mod?", and I replied "no, I see no reason to be one unless there is a way I could help more in the community, so far I'm helping keeping the i3d community servers clean of hackers and exploiters"

Time passed along and some months later I got contacted by Shadeshooter to talk about joining the team, looks like there was some things I could actually help around here, and decided to join along 'em, and so far it is one hell of a ride!

The casual approach of some part of the community, looking for fun on top of everything else...a pre-game match can sometimes be more funny than a common round...I love the fact that I can just forget about any stat in my profiles and just run along having fun (while helping the team), maybe go for kamikaze plane drops (bailing and letting the plane crash something/someone) or get to the most unexpected place on the map.....maybe even have some jeep races!

What's your favorite class and why?:
All of 'em have something good, useful, and FUN to do!, my first 2 heroes created here was a Nat soldier and a Royal Gunner.....but I always "mained" a Royal Commando during Closed Beta, and my first round ever was using the Gunner (during the "uber nerf" times), I have to admit that during my first round with each class, the one with the must fun was using the Gunner on Victory Village (again, during the uber nerf times for the Gunners)

Almost any kind of games...I started gaming on 1986, so I have known far too many different ones and on all kind of systems...I love RPG styled ones like old Neverwinter Nights or current Fallout 3, strategy games like Starcraft or Command & Conquer (my personal favorite, Red Alert 2), FPS like Unreal Tournament or Battlefield series (first one for the mayhem/fun and second one for team play), or sports like FIFA/Madden...

Since I'm already too busy working and starting a family, I'm more focused on the "casual" approach now (I think I already had a lot of "hardcore" times), thus my current "main" game is BFH (and it seems I will stay here 'til the end), while playing other new/old games on a shorter period of time.

Who said I had some time to spare O_o?

What other hobbies do you have:
Cars, electronics, sports, history (both world and local), music.....lots of stuff (sad to not have 48h on each day)

I love music for the rhythm and the "feeling" it can "give" to others, thus, I'm not restricted by type of music at all........but something that will never leave my ipod/mp3 players is the Stratovarius discography...

Your weirdest hobby?
Lego...definitely...I love creating/constructing stuff using 'em...
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 04:51 PM by ShadeShooter.)
12-05-2011, 04:45 PM | Post: #10

Bara
EU Region

Who are you:

Hi there, my name is Philipp and I'm 21 years old. My gender is male (hope you can see that Tongue) and I am currently under apprenticeship as an office clerk in a prototyping enterprise, where we create prototypes such as motorparts, castings and so on.

Where are you from:

I am from a city near Hanover, Lower Saxony in Germany, It's an middleage styled town with houses like the one you have on Victory Village.

There are actually two things:
  1. The huge amount of abillities. This makes the game even more various than the clothes and the emotes in my opinion.
  2. The Comic-Style: I like games which are away from the realtity, where you can see that the game is a game. I hate realgraphic games (those with real high quality). It is just a try to make something feel real, just like a simulator and god, I hate simulators.

Gaming Mantra:
Meeeedic, PB hearbeats stopped.

Counter Strike, Trackmania United, Final Fantasy 7(only), Battlefield 2, hardcore Newgrounds- and Armorgames-player (Flashgames ftw) and some Nintendo Wii Games

Playing BFH, sleeping, Eating .....

My hobbies are changing every week, so tbh my only real hobby is sleeping, drinking a beer and making party with friends.

Hmmm I think I have some of the weirdest music taste of all. I don't like songs that much, as I don't want to hear the text (or I somehow can't). I just want pure melodies. I don't have any favourite tracks but currently I am much into orchestrical Soundtracks and Overclocked-Game-Remixes. Beside of that I also like Tenacious D and Jose Gonzales(quite chilling music).
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 04:52 PM by ShadeShooter.)
12-05-2011, 04:45 PM | Post: #11

eXtremous
EU Region

Who are you?
Hey Folks! My name is Dominik, known as eXtremous over here.
I'm currently under apprenticeship as an "Information Technology Specialist" in Germany. We work in a number of capacities, including web design, site administration, network and systems administration, advise users on breakdowns, fix software problems and maintain sites for companies and individuals.

Where are you from?
I'm from Germany.

How did I become a comm-mod?
Mainly being a Moderator on the Battlefield Play4Free and PTE forums, it wasn't long before I wanted a "taste of the big apple", that we all know and love as Battlefield Heroes, as it is my main game :-)

Are you serious? [Image: weird0.png]

First of all I love the game itself, the cartoon style and the nice gameplay. I play every class and faction but the gunner is my favorite by far. Why? Simple. They have kick-ass abilities. Nothing can beat the seductive purple sublimity of a perfectly thrown keg ^_^
I always have a bunch of friends with me, together we beat the awesome out of my enemies, which makes the game even funnier.

How awesome this game might be, it still is the community which makes it so special and charming. Since day 1 of closed beta the community has increased steadily and has become a great mix of all kinds of BFH addicts, casual gamers, and forum regulars. Yet I would call this a big family <3

I'm an allrounder, could never only play one game, but at the end of the day it still is BFH which gives me the biggest thrill [Image: evilgrin.png]

Uh this deeply goes into my private life, but as I want to show you the truth behind the mask I will tell you.
If I had to guess I would say taking apart old PC's and reassembling them again probably is my weirdest hobby. Further I spend alot of time on the internet designing web pages [Image: nerdx.png]

If it should happen that I'm doing none of both I play games, meet friends and keep up this funny thing called social life ^_^

If you could be a game character, you would be…?
LEEEEEERRROOOOOOYYYY JEEEENNKKKIIIIINNNSSSSS Tongue
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 06:01 PM by eXtremous.)
12-05-2011, 04:45 PM | Post: #12
ShadeShooter

Lennna
EU Region

Who are you?
Ohai, I'm Lennna (not Lenna!!11!!eleven), 23 years young and a hard working lady.

Where are you from?
I'm from Hannover in Germany.

How did I become a comm-mod?
ShadeShooter sended me PM where he asked Moke if he wants to become moderator...I was sneaky enough to become one myself then Wink
Nah, srsly...I had to dance in a pink tutu...Shade said they all had to do it D:>

Well, I'm pretty active on the forums. At least I'm there everyday to read a loooooooooot of spam. So why should I say "no" to the chance to be able to "BANN ZE SPAMZOOOOORZ!!!!!!"

I love the abilities you have, the funny clothes, the emotes and most important: the great players around. I've met so many awesome guys and girls from all over the world. So I would say I like the community the most

...let's say most of them

Nothing actually...I play on a crappy laptop that can't really handle any other games. But I play BFP4F sometimes...

I love to hang out with my friends...sadly I'm working pretty much at the moment and so do they. But whenever there is the chance to catch each other we have great fun. And as you may noticed I play BFH in my sparetime Wink

For gaming I like to listen to some dubstep most of the time ( Heart Skrillex )
Well, I like almost all kinds of music...for just chilling I like to listen to Clueso (german artist, don't think many of you know him).

Heart closed
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 11:40 AM by ShadeShooter.)