Hello There, Guest!

24-11-2010, 09:36 PM | Post: #661
McWolf
(23-11-2010 04:21 AM)Velkrin Wrote:  It's not like I haven't made many attempts before to get my message across where they are failing and losing customers and It doesn't make matters better when DICE releases buggy patches for the console for BC2 and screws up the hitboxes to the point where you just want to put your fist through your HD Tv.

Well, I play for the PC and BC2 is freaking fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2010, 10:42 PM | Post: #662
Baron_Shampoo 
(24-11-2010 09:08 PM)Pedro Wrote:  Considering the vast graveyard of RTS/FPS/MMORG games on my shelves, I'd actually have to say EAsy are doing quite a good job. I haven't bothered buying another game for over two years.

BFH was announced at a time when all smaller computer game shops had closed or been amalgamated into just one or two highstreet shops selling PC games. GAME and Gamestation made more profit and less returns from console games, so PC games had been squeezed into a tiny corner of the shop. I'd dutifully buy every hyped up game that came out, only to lose interest within weeks. EA had obviously felt the PC pain too, and the venture into micro-tansaction free-to-play games was in my opinion a great decision.

If there was more direct and mature communication from the team I think it would help a lot. It is sometimes quite irksome to read a role-play announcement or fluffy Q&A that is targetted at a 12 year old rather than my age group (very old). It has to be said, the main thing that kept me here was the community, especially the support of the Community Team. If it wasn't for Goodman, Shadeshooter and U238 I'd have lost interest a long time ago.

So here we are. Pages and pages of very cutting and often quite valid critisisms. It is clear that BFH has a lot of very passionate and inteligent fans. But I really don't think they're TRYING to piss us off. They're all professionals, doing a day's work, the thinkers thinking and the developers developing. Following a plan that unfortunately we are not informed of. They see the true figures, calculate profit margins, staffing levels, decide which direction will earn most revenue, to keep the play4free business strong as a whole.

I have to agree sometimes maybe the wrong decisions are made, but decisions can be reversed. Apologies made, new ideas explored. Despite it's problems, considering their capabilities and resources, I still feel quite positive about how far we've all come and where they're taking it.

I would suspect some attention may been taken from BFH to develop Bp4f (what's the approved acronym?), but once it's released, it should be another revenue stream that will add to EA's bottom line and pay for more staff. Once Bp4f is out and the new seats are filled, BOTH games will get the attention they deserve. If it helps secure the future of BFH, then I welcome the new arrival and am prepared to wait a little longer.

Like all of you, my support is not unconditional.
It is only in the understanding that the pace will step up again in BFH development.

Maybe I'll be Hasta Luego'ing this time next year, but for now I'm itching to get into Battlefield play4free.

Regards,
Pedro

[it was a long train journey]

Yes they do a quite good job, but the more it goes on, the more it becomes Combat Armsish, a game where players are just ignored for months for profit sake, and when they realize there is something to be fixed they do it wrong.

Hackers are a real problem, I could stop playing WoT and play BF:H more, but the hackers are preventing me to enjoy playing. I know hacking is an issue in any game, but EAsy ought to do something about it, not just tell them: ''hey dude you bought some BFs! GJ man! keep p(l)aying. BTW don't do hacks, they are bad.''

A simple community held, and private OFC, hacking review system would greatly improve the situation. Cheap labor, the only thing the devs need to do is to simply click ''ban'' when found guilty of hacking.

[Image: 5]

The Below Statement is True.

The Above Statement is False
25-11-2010, 01:49 AM | Post: #663
NeedsFoodBadly 
Don't forget the BB bug and the MM bug. (unless its miraculously and inexplicably been fixed)

On BB, ticket rate doesn't increase or decrease depending on how many flags your team has.

On MM, if the Royal team ragequits or loses enough players and even if the National team is ahead, it will always result in Defeat for the National team no matter what.

[Image: apathy_kills_banner_by_richard_by_pandam...2y0nrh.png]
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM | Post: #664
karkasas 
I really like, how developers expressed, that BFpffff4ff helps heroes, because it helps to get rid of modern stuff here Big Grin.

Yet the first new weapons after Pffff launch are... (insert drum-roll here)... Modern! Someone's very consistent.

IMAGE REMOVED
M1k3ol:This image has been removed too many times, actions has been taken since previous warnings were not followed, if there's any question please PM Shadeshooter
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM | Post: #665
Velkrin 
(24-11-2010 09:36 PM)McWolf Wrote:  
(23-11-2010 04:21 AM)Velkrin Wrote:  It's not like I haven't made many attempts before to get my message across where they are failing and losing customers and It doesn't make matters better when DICE releases buggy patches for the console for BC2 and screws up the hitboxes to the point where you just want to put your fist through your HD Tv.

Well, I play for the PC and BC2 is freaking fine.

You must be getting that "Special Attention" DICE goes on about with PC. Maybe I'll be a PC gamer again once their is a foolproof solution to deal with cheaters but, till then everybody and everyone is a cheater in my eyes that do choose to play a game on PC when there is a console counterparts.

Then again I do enjoy map design and creation with BF editors so, who knows.

[Image: 6]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2010 01:59 PM by Velkrin.)