Hello There, Guest!

04-05-2009, 10:24 PM | Post: #61
JeSTeRP1 
(04-05-2009 09:56 PM)NInja_TB Wrote:  
(04-05-2009 09:49 PM)brodyhill Wrote:  
(04-05-2009 09:34 PM)JeSTeRP1 Wrote:  The blueish glow is from Elixir, and you can Stealth and use Elixir at the same time without canceling either ability.

You didn't actually answer my question. Maybe you tried to or you misunderstood it. I know that when I pop elixir i glow blue. I know that I can pop elixir while i'm stealthed and have it not cancel. I also know that I have seen teammates that are mostly invisible except for a slight blue glow, so my question is: do my enemies see a blue glow around an invisible body when I pop my elixir while stealthed? worded another way: does popping elixir while i'm hidden in stealth make visible/detectable to my enemy? Very important question.

Ya they can see it.

...I thought that was obvious as the game tells you in Tips when a Map is Loading that all Visual Effects are Visible to everyone even when your Invisible.

[Image: 5]

http://jesterp1.mybrute.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2009, 02:10 AM | Post: #62
Adalonus 
(04-05-2009 09:44 PM)Cesium22 Wrote:  Okay, I've got a question. I'm a level 11 Commando, I've got full Stealth, and one point in Poison Knife. I like to snipe, and I'm pretty good at it (using the powerful sniper rifle) but I really like to be on the move and get into people's faces. I've got two big questions. 1.) What should I start investing my next ability points into? I'm leaning to piercing shot, but troop trap looks cool as well. 2.) Should I use a knife or a short ranged pistol? Or should I get a different pistol entirely? Any advice would be vastly appreciated.

Well if you enjoy sniping. A point in piercing shot is very useful. +20 damage can never be a bad idea. Also you need elixir. I would trade out poison blade for elixir as it has more benefits than poison blade and they don't stack.

Personally I enjoy using a knife over a pistol but both work just fine. The long range pistol would be an alternative, but pointless if you are going to snipe.

Hope that helped a bit. This guide isn't really supposed to tell you where to put your points or what weapons to use, mainly just to let commandos know what their job is. Which is have a high kill : death ratio because you should be near impossible to kill. Any game where I don't have atleast 2 or 3:1 is a loss for me, whether or not my team actually won.

My awesome sig was deleted from Fileden. Sad

Need Commando advice?
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM | Post: #63
Faylayen 
The visual effects being visible should be only your own activated effects. I can't tell you how many times ive been exposed because a friendly soldier activated CM while i was nearby Sad
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2009 12:40 PM by Faylayen.)
05-05-2009, 12:42 PM | Post: #64
Solid Snail 
(05-05-2009 12:40 PM)Faylayen Wrote:  The visual effects being visible should be only your own activated effects. I can't tell you how many times ive been exposed because a friendly soldier activated CM while i was nearby Sad

... experienced it. Thats why you stay away from soldiers. blow your cover every bloody time.

BRO DO YOU EVEN HAMMER?

I have a space in my name

05-05-2009, 04:29 PM | Post: #65
JeSTeRP1 
(05-05-2009 12:40 PM)Faylayen Wrote:  The visual effects being visible should be only your own activated effects. I can't tell you how many times ive been exposed because a friendly soldier activated CM while i was nearby Sad

A Thread on this was started somewhere, I say you shouldn't get the CM visual effect if you were already at Max Health.

05-05-2009, 09:03 PM | Post: #66
bwooten2 
I've noticed that, when backstabbing, especially on a non-moving target, my first strike is a swing, but if I am close enough I seem to do a reach-around-throat-slit. Have I just never noticed before that the commando has a two part swing animation for knife use, or is there a different strike that occurs (the slitting motion) if you are really right on top of somebody's back? I wonder if it crits more often that way?

I'm probably imagining things.

-biensur!

Heart the knife? biensur!
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM | Post: #67
TheOrangeMage 
Knife is at the mercy of lag. Knife is at its best against a stationary target, but good luck against a running opponent with a sub-par connection.

Most disgustingly I faced another commando who was so laggy he appeared to be running backwards in front of me while I also ran backwards. He was shooting forward. As in completely away from me. And he was such a darn lagger that he was hitting me with every shot.
06-05-2009, 09:12 AM | Post: #68
watamelon 
see post below, delete post function doesn't work
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2009 09:14 AM by watamelon.)
06-05-2009, 09:13 AM | Post: #69
watamelon 
Blue dots: These locations should be avoided as they are easily spottable, highly accessible areas to all classes. Most of them are already thoroughly abused and are known about. You can use them but be extremely aware of your surroundings.

Orange dots: These spots require a troop trap jump or a plane to get to but are extremely good sniping spots. Though, you'll have to learn to lead shots and how to either fly the plane or troop trap jump. The spot on royal's side of town is amazing for camping the crap out of who ever holds town and has a ton of cover.

Red dots: These spots are good but are highly visible, somewhat difficult to access due to double jumps being needed. The one on the nat side you'll need to learn how to lead shots. The one close to town has little cover so be careful. The one out on the royal's side requires hugging of the cliff due to boundaries.

Pink dots: These spots are extremely limited in use but useful for camping an already losing team. Larger dots require troop trap jumps or planes. Smaller dots are easy to get to but easier to spot and get killed from.

Little boxy lines: these are the easiest places to troop trap jump up.
Normal lines: these are paths up the slope

Last note:
All buildings in town are accessible via troop trap jumps or planes. These spots are good for defending town via troop traps tosses and limited cover sniping, be good at killing before shooting here.

[Image: 8921]

Edited issue with colors... GG jpgs

Attached File(s)
.jpg  bb.jpg (Size: 93.67 KB / Downloads: 489)

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2009 09:34 AM by watamelon.)
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM | Post: #70
JeSTeRP1 
(06-05-2009 09:13 AM)watamelon Wrote:  Purple dots: These locations should be avoided as they are easily spottable, highly accessible areas to all classes. Most of them are already thoroughly abused and are known about. You can use them but be extremely aware of your surroundings.

Orange dots: These spots require a troop trap jump or a plane to get to but are extremely good sniping spots. Though, you'll have to learn to lead shots and how to either fly the plane or troop trap jump. The spot on royal's side of town is amazing for camping the crap out of who ever holds town and has a ton of cover.

Red dots: These spots are good but are highly visible, somewhat difficult to access due to double jumps being needed. The one on the nat side you'll need to learn how to lead shots. The one close to town has little cover so be careful. The one out on the royal's side requires hugging of the cliff due to boundaries.

Pink dots: These spots are extremely limited in use but useful for camping an already losing team. Larger dots require troop trap jumps or planes. Smaller dots are easy to get to but easier to spot and get killed from.

Little boxy lines: these are the easiest places to troop trap jump up.
Normal lines: these are paths up the slope

Last note:
All buildings in town are accessible via troop trap jumps or planes. These spots are good for defending town via troop traps tosses and limited cover sniping, be good at killing before shooting here.

[Image: 8921]

Sir, I think you may be color blind...

06-05-2009, 09:32 AM | Post: #71
watamelon 
(06-05-2009 09:15 AM)JeSTeRP1 Wrote:  Sir, I think you may be color blind...

lol, i guess they are blue... in photochop they were purple. Must have happened when i converted them to jpg. But you are right
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM | Post: #72
AciDemon 
nice contribution watamelon!
will check some of the spots (i don't now yet) out...

JOIN THE SWISS NATIONAL LEAGUE (group)! HERE!

[Image: signature_akkarin.png]
06-05-2009, 07:12 PM | Post: #73
Solid Snail 
I could be geekish and told you that your image might be in CMYK...
But now everybody knows of my favorite spot..

BRO DO YOU EVEN HAMMER?

I have a space in my name

06-05-2009, 11:24 PM | Post: #74
Adalonus 
Wow. That's impressive. I wasn't going to go into that much detail with mine. There were just going to be a couple of spots like that, but I'll be sure to post this soon.

Mind if I just take a direct copy that that info and slap your name on it? I probably won't get pictures of all the spots, but from what you've done its pretty well covered.

Need Commando advice? (This post was last modified: 06-05-2009 11:25 PM by Adalonus.)
07-05-2009, 12:02 AM | Post: #75
muttski11lz 
nice guide, this should help me play better and learn to pick better spots Big Grin
07-05-2009, 12:21 AM | Post: #76
JeSTeRP1 
I am happy that pretty much none of my spots are on that map and no I am not willing to share. Get shot by me and then you'll know.

07-05-2009, 05:13 AM | Post: #77
Adalonus 
(07-05-2009 12:21 AM)JeSTeRP1 Wrote:  I am happy that pretty much none of my spots are on that map and no I am not willing to share. Get shot by me and then you'll know.

Nice. I really don't have "spots". But the area's I tend to head to aren't on these maps. People should search out good sniping spots on their own. I just like to point a few common ones out.

Need Commando advice?
07-05-2009, 05:37 AM | Post: #78
watamelon 
(06-05-2009 11:24 PM)Adalonus Wrote:  Wow. That's impressive. I wasn't going to go into that much detail with mine. There were just going to be a couple of spots like that, but I'll be sure to post this soon.

Mind if I just take a direct copy that that info and slap your name on it? I probably won't get pictures of all the spots, but from what you've done its pretty well covered.

sure, i don't mind at all... i stole your image anyway Tongue
07-05-2009, 01:27 PM | Post: #79
Phonger 
(07-05-2009 12:21 AM)JeSTeRP1 Wrote:  I am happy that pretty much none of my spots are on that map and no I am not willing to share. Get shot by me and then you'll know.

Wow your so cool.
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM | Post: #80
Chemaqua 
(07-05-2009 01:27 PM)Phonger Wrote:  
Wow your so cool.
Indeed. Wink

-Che

[Image: chxh67]

| LONGER ROUNDS | Fight me! | WNxFinesse |
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with an 100% death rate.