Hello There, Guest!

24-02-2010, 08:36 PM | Post: #41
PumpJack 
to quote PizzanCake: off with their heads

[Image: 1]
Find all posts by this user
24-02-2010, 08:38 PM | Post: #42
WiKKiD 
So should we be sending them the proof now? or after March 1st?

(This post was last modified: 24-02-2010 08:38 PM by WiKKiD.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2010, 08:39 PM | Post: #43
yoitsdaedalus 
(24-02-2010 07:41 PM)NucleAhero Wrote:  We are not here to do your dirty work. We are here to play and have fun!
Capturing video, uploading and reporting players takes a lot of time for just maybe a hacker will get banned.
And what's in it for us? Nothing, they will just find another way to return into the game with a different account.
This is no solution nor progress, you have expanded your development team on our expense just so they can make more items for us to buy, instead of finding an answer for this problem along with Punkbuster's failure!

ahhh. Their accounts are permanently banned. So what? They just make a new one. It's free to play, remember? They don't need their abilities and leveling is no big deal when you make 3,000 points a round. So, what happens? The cheaters stop spending money and keep on cheating. That sounds like a real lose-lose situation.

Tell you guys what, you find a way to pool all the punkbuster screen shots in single repository and I will spend MY free time sifting through them looking for cheaters so I can enjoy your game. That sounds like way more fun than spending my time actually playing.

Having a way to report cheaters to a team on the other side of the counter is great. But that is supposed to be the way you catch ones that slip through the anti-cheat system! But right now, they all get through it. What is really going on here is the company failing to protect it's players.

Failing this bad:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/ja...opshot.jpg
24-02-2010, 08:41 PM | Post: #44
Moke 
its a good start...

--We still need a streaming option for servers PB screens
--We still need some general procedure description that you CS uses.
--We still need some feedback to know what to look for in a banned account.
--And I would LOVE some feedback to the reporter if his evidence isnt good enough.
24-02-2010, 08:42 PM | Post: #45
commando_phean 
(24-02-2010 07:34 PM)JoaoBertazza1 Wrote:  Hope this will be enough, cause they can create another accounts.

lets hoep for them they dont cheat on that account or get banned again Tongue

[Image: w8q1r9.png]
24-02-2010, 08:43 PM | Post: #46
luckyaces 
(24-02-2010 07:33 PM)HeXor Wrote:  Do you keep the 'evidence'? In case it wasn't a hack, but for example pure luck?

You have to show multiple kills on un edited video. So there wont be bans for being lucky.

[Image: vietnamsig.png]
24-02-2010, 08:43 PM | Post: #47
janekQkPL 
is this an ip ban for hackers ?
would be awsome Big Grin

[Image: 5]
24-02-2010, 08:45 PM | Post: #48
TheJLC 
I had to laugh when I saw the news, due to the fact that many of the players complaining that nothing was being done before, were correct.

It should have always been Perm-ban on first offense, when caught cheating. Instead cheaters were allowed to take over little by little until they became an epidemic. Many good players left due to the fact that cheaters were allowed to go on a rampage unstopped by the team that is supposed to make this game 'better'. Although, I understand that some cheaters were perm-banned, but many 'till this day have not been banned and continue to laugh in the faces of players and EA itself.

I will have to agree with some players, that say that we shouldn't have to do the dirty work for EA, to a certain extent. I think that EA and PB should do a little more to stop hackers in the first place. I know that it may be impossible to stop them completely, but at least some of the hacks should be knocked out of commission, especially the free hacks. BUT players should help out by reporting cheaters if EA is actually doing something.

My two cents on this issue.

Signatures are op! Nerf them!

Been playing BF3
24-02-2010, 08:45 PM | Post: #49
Captian_kotov3 
Its time to send all cheaters to HELL!!!

24-02-2010, 08:51 PM | Post: #50
Langstra 
Yo everybody should get his FRAPS or XFire videocapuring software ready, that are the best free capturingsoftware pieces I have seen. And report those little cheating little *******

24-02-2010, 08:52 PM | Post: #51
Ultimate Carl 
I don't understand all the complaining about how we're "doing their job". PB isn't perfect but it works sometimes, and this is already more anti-cheat work than I've seen in any other free online shooter. Most games would completely ignore you even if you had 100% inarguable video and picture proof along with a written statement from the hacker their self. Tongue

This isn't forcing you to do anything, it's an added venue for those that have good enough machines to run a recording program in the background and are vigilant. This is a SERVICE to the player community, not a punishment. Also, it's not as if you need to literally record every single second of gameplay. FRAPS is free, and can run without recording to be activated with a single (user-defined) button press. If someone is hacking, then you press the button. I realize this isn't an ideal (or even possible) solution for everyone, but the system requirements on BFH are so low that I can run the game on max settings and record full-size with FRAPS at a full 30fps.

For that matter, where exactly do these hacks happen? At high level? I joined during Closed Beta, took a break, and came back recently. I've played up to level 13 and have not seen a single person I thought was hacking on either team, and this is joining only random public servers at all times of day.

...All that said, I still think the "FIRST OFFENSE, YOU'RE GONE" policy is a little strict, and has room for abuse. :/ Hopefully the team will call the shots wisely.

[Image: 6]

[Image: 4]

[Image: 96hov6.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2010 08:23 AM by Ultimate Carl.)
24-02-2010, 08:56 PM | Post: #52
envyExile 
(24-02-2010 08:43 PM)luckyaces Wrote:  
(24-02-2010 07:33 PM)HeXor Wrote:  Do you keep the 'evidence'? In case it wasn't a hack, but for example pure luck?

You have to show multiple kills on un edited video. So there wont be bans for being lucky.

God I hope they get better customer support (and actually train them to know what a cheater actually is) if bans are going to be permanent. Maybe then somone won't go through what I went through

(This post was last modified: 24-02-2010 08:57 PM by envyExile.)
24-02-2010, 08:58 PM | Post: #53
Nikon888 
NICE!!! Im tiered of those cheaters which confese to be hacking because they never get banned!
But also I agree that the proof should be really good and another players with hight lvl should confirm that fact.

I also been called a hacker by some newbie players and I realy don´t wanna explain them how I do one thing or another , good players know how and this skill was earned by playing a lot so will be a stupid to tell to noobs .

[Image: 2]
24-02-2010, 09:00 PM | Post: #54
MAXIMUM_carnage 
This is _not_ good news.

Videos are subjective, and at best will only catch the stupid cheaters - the ones idiotic or brazen enough to keep shooting stealthed commandos. At worst it'll ban good, but clean, players who get in a few lucky shots.

Until bans are enacted for punker buster screenshots - which show definitively who is cheating - this is nothing but "security theater". Entertainment for the masses, but nothing that will address the huge base of cheaters out there.

[Image: 6]

Freeloading? Read How to be a successful Freeloader in BF:H
Tired of dying of boredom? Learn how to die like I do - in a blaze of glory!
Still bored? Then play BattlePants Heroes - and set everyone else ablaze Soldier!
Willing to spend a bit of $$$? Then Gunnerering for Cheapskates may be the guide for you!
24-02-2010, 09:01 PM | Post: #55
razorgunner22 
So basically everything is staying the same.

Report cheater.

Months later he actually gets banned.

Guy makes new account and does the same thing all over again.

/repeat

[Image: 21]
24-02-2010, 09:05 PM | Post: #56
SilentRooster 
When you say permaban, you mean account or IP?

24-02-2010, 09:06 PM | Post: #57
Adrenaline895 
What if i do so good I get banned!? Tongue

24-02-2010, 09:06 PM | Post: #58
M1k3ol 
(24-02-2010 08:56 PM)envyExile Wrote:  
(24-02-2010 08:43 PM)luckyaces Wrote:  

God I hope they get better customer support (and actually train them to know what a cheater actually is) if bans are going to be permanent. Maybe then somone won't go through what I went through

this, counter evidence is gotten by some players around here, they at least need to keep evidence so if someone contests a ban it can be reviewed properly...

some people (just a few) got the "3 day ban" by mistake in the last month...and aftr further evidence, they found them not guilty...imagine this happening with a perma ban!

[Image: bfhmodsign.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2010 09:12 PM by M1k3ol.)
24-02-2010, 09:11 PM | Post: #59
coolboog19 
finally we gonna pwn those cheaters!

(22-03-2010 10:55 PM)John_Spartan187 Wrote:  How can i get the chicken emote? Do I have to be certain level or was it some promotional thing?
Failers these days.. /Facepalm.
24-02-2010, 09:24 PM | Post: #60
Tristan1116 
if you do hack will your whole account be banned or just the heroe?

[Image: sWNAZ.png]