Hello There, Guest!

16-06-2010, 01:42 AM | Post: #61
Rickmaster 
Dogie! Awesome chapter of course! But why did I have to be kidnapped by a Werewolf! Why cant you be kidnapped and I save your ass again like last time! Lol, just kidding, good chapter! Looking forward to the next!

[Image: rick1.png]

{ACE} The Custodian. That's right, I be the one sweeping... awesomely. The Awesomeness Clan, you can't join if your not awesome...

Veteran Role-Player

Fourth Generation Writer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2010, 01:53 AM | Post: #62
DogieDude1234 
thanks Rick! And I'll try to find a spot to put in another big rescue, if you want. lol Smile

Check out my story: A National's War Story and Join the Group!

Hey you there! Yes you! Are you an aspiring Writer or Role-Player, but don't know how to get started?
Check out this handy guide to help get you going!

I'm currently rather inactive on the forum. If you'd like to reach me, you can find me on: XFire: dogiedude1234; Steam: DogieDude; Skype: Well, you'll have to PM me for this one.

I may or may not be a member of ACE.
16-06-2010, 02:02 AM | Post: #63
Rickmaster 
Lol. Cool.

Don't forget to read my next chapter out now!

[Image: rick1.png]

{ACE} The Custodian. That's right, I be the one sweeping... awesomely. The Awesomeness Clan, you can't join if your not awesome...

Veteran Role-Player

Fourth Generation Writer
17-06-2010, 02:12 AM | Post: #64
DogieDude1234 
don't worry. I didn't forget

Hey you there! Yes you! Are you an aspiring Writer or Role-Player, but don't know how to get started?

I'm currently rather inactive on the forum. If you'd like to reach me, you can find me on: XFire: dogiedude1234; Steam: DogieDude; Skype: Well, you'll have to PM me for this one.

21-06-2010, 06:31 PM | Post: #65
DogieDude1234 
Part 9 is complete! Let me know what you think.

It was out for blood. I had never encountered a werewolf before, and after this incident, I had no interest in meeting another one. The howl rang out like a loud speaker, turned up to maximum. From the sound of it, it seemed it was coming from across Buccaneer Bay, near the drop zone of the other group. This would be our revenge.

We moved as quietly as we could, but it was hard... I was still carrying Anci3ntElite on my shoulders. He was still alive, though his situation was getting worse. Combat Medicine only goes so far.

We climbed a large rock to get a better view. Across a clearing, we could see a tank, two jeeps, and a plane... all stationary and unmanned. I was surprised that the explosion hadn't alerted any of the other Royals. Something was going on, but I had no time to find out. I had to find Hineran, kill the werewolf, save Rickmaster, keep Anci3ntElite alive, and find a way out without being discovered. This should be interesting.

We made our way back down the rock and started to cross the clearing. Then there was a rustling behind us, coming from a group of trees and bushes near where we had just been. We saw the piercing yellow eyes, we heard the growl. We could almost feel its footsteps shaking the ground as it emerged from the bush. It was still carrying Rickmaster, his body limp and lifeless.

This was it. This was the beast. He had robbed me of one friend, and I was not about to let him take another. I wasn't running. This was either going to be the end of him... or me. Then I remembered one thing.

Hineran.

As I thought of him, he came leaping off the rock, knife in hand. The werewolf tossed Rickmaster onto the ground like a ragdoll. Hineran was screaming at the top of his lungs. He landed on the werewolf's back, his knife plunging in. The beast let out a shriek in agony.

I had never seen Hineran act this way. He had always been the calm, go-to-guy, who was consistently cool under pressure. It was as if all of the pain and frustration all of us had experienced in this war was being released in this one moment, all through him. The werewolf tried to shake him off, but he wouldn't budge. I thought about shooting, but I would risk hitting Hineran.

He was still screaming, and he worked his knife like a butcher, showing no mercy for the beast. Then with one final burst of strength, the werewolf threw Hineran off, landing flat on the ground. He grabbed his knife and started to attack again, but was knocked out cold with one swift slap from the beast's muscular paw.

It was then down to two. I set Anci3ntElite down and drew my sub-machinegun. nmr01 drew his. In a loud series of pops, each bullet was fired and connected with the beast... but to no avail. He inched closer and closer to us before knocking our guns out of our hands in one effortless motion. I reached for my shotgun. I had no more than touched it before he threw it away.

I was prepared to take him on with my bare hands, hoping to buy time for Hineran to wake up and make an escape. I then noticed that the werewolf had Royal markings of some sort. He must be one of the Royals' new weapons. If I couldn't capture the plans for their other latest weapon, I was going to destroy this one.

But Hineran never got up. nmr01 whispered for me to run. I was confused, but I obeyed without thinking. The werewolf was staring him down, sizing up the kill. I saw him reach into his holster for a pistol. He drew it out, and in one last moment of heroism yelled, "This is for my friends!" and fired off almost an entire clip before being hurled into the cliff. The beast was shaken, but alive. He then set his sights on me. Both of my guns were out of reach. I was defenseless. I couldn't run. I couldn't hide. It looked like it was going to be the end of me after all. Then I remembered... my TNT.

Sensing triumph, the werewolf pulled his massive arms back, showing his claws, gnashing his teeth, preparing for one final attack. I set the timer. I stared straight into his eyes. He had taken my friends from me. I was going to take his life... even if that meant me going down with him. The clock ticked fast, counting down the seconds until the end arrived.

Then a gunshot. And another. And another. I looked over to see Rickmaster, alive! He was still on the ground, holding a pistol, zeroed in on the werewolf. Rickmaster fired off the last round in his clip, and his head rolled back, the gun slipping out of his hand. The beast toppled over like a huge tree. I turned off the clock and sighed. He was still breathing. I walked over slowly and picked up my shotgun. I grinned as I gripped the trigger. One final blast finished the beast... for good.

I ran to Hineran. He opened his eyes. He was alive. I helped him up and ran to Anci3ntElite. He was breathing, but barely. I then checked on Rickmaster. He wasn't breathing. I hung my head. It was sad, I had lost him.

Then he opened his eyes. He sat up quickly. I jumped as the words, "Got ya!," came out of his mouth. I shook my head and laughed. The three of us walked to nmr01. Anci3ntElite watched nervously. No pulse. No breathing. He was gone.

He had sacrificed himself for me... and everyone else as it turned out. I placed Anci3ntElite on my shoulders, then took one last look at nmr01. I was sad, but I smiled. He was a hero. We covered him up, and turned our attention to extraction. We decided to steal a Royal plane and fly home.

Then the spotlights came on. We could hear the drone of hundreds of engines in the distance... engines of planes and tanks. An air-raid siren began to blare. Royals rushed out of their barracks and manned their stations. I then realized what had been going on. Buccaneer Bay was under attack... another showdown between the Nationals and Royals was about to take place...

And we were right in the middle of it.

Thanks for reading! Coming soon: A National's War Story Part 10!

(This post was last modified: 21-06-2010 06:40 PM by DogieDude1234.)
21-06-2010, 06:33 PM | Post: #66
DogieDude1234 
My apologies to BuddyStar777, I couldn't find a spot to add your character this time, but I will do my best to put him in Part 10.

(This post was last modified: 21-06-2010 06:35 PM by DogieDude1234.)
22-06-2010, 01:35 AM | Post: #67
TheGunnySarge 
nice stories dogie and thanks for showing my inner hatred for the royalsBig Grin

[Image: 2]

Remember the Rabbit!!!!

/)/)
(0_0)
*(_(")(")

22-06-2010, 12:00 PM | Post: #68
nsda 
ok im dead nice chapter

[Image: 1]
22-06-2010, 06:07 PM | Post: #69
DogieDude1234 
nsda, you're not dead, your character just isn't in this part. I promise he'll be back in part 10. And thanks for the approval. Smile

22-06-2010, 06:12 PM | Post: #70
nmr01 
Why do I die!?!?!?!?!

22-06-2010, 06:16 PM | Post: #71
DogieDude1234 
At least it was heroic?... but seriously, it's just part of the storyline. Sorry

04-07-2010, 10:23 PM | Post: #72
DogieDude1234 
Part 10 is done! I'm deciding whether or not to switch to present tense. Please let me know which one you like better. Also, I'm removing numbers from peoples' names in the story. It reads better. Hope everyone's okay with that.

The engines were getting closer. We ducked behind shrubs to avoid detection. We hadn't been informed of an attack... maybe Command thought it would best for us not to know anything if we were captured. Either way, we had to leave. Soon, we would have our own bombs dropped on us, and would be shot at by our own soldiers. It was clear this wasn't going to end well.

We climbed the large rock again to get a handle on the situation. A vapor trail appeared next to my head. I heard the whoosh of a bullet piercing the air and the ping of it ricocheting off a rock. We all hit the ground. No one had been hit. We got lucky. Hineran prepared to shoot, but I stopped him. The Royals had probably heard the shot, but they hadn't reacted. The Commando may have been trying to make us fire back and give away our position.

It all suddenly made sense. That was why no one had responded when we fought the werewolf and when nmr had blown the buildings up. They wanted us for something... I just didn't know what.

To counter the Commando's strategy, I ordered my squad to make their way down the rock, on the opposite side we had climbed it. We slid down the slope, being careful to not make noise.

AncientElite groaned in pain. I froze. I couldn't tell if it was loud enough for the Royals to hear. Even still, we continued down the rock until we reached the ground below.

We were still in between two cliffs, but we were closer to the water. The engines were getting even louder. I looked around. We were right back at the pirate ship again. Maybe we could take shelter in there. Just then, we saw headlights coming in our direction. We dove behind a rock. It was a jeep. I could see two Royal Gunners riding in it. I felt it would be best to let them drive past.

As the headlights lit up the rock, we all squeezed up against the rock, trying to make ourselves invisible. I sighed as the jeep drove past. Well... almost.

The jeep suddenly rolled to a stop. My heart began to pound in my ears. I heard the Gunners check their machineguns. Soft footsteps in the sand were creeping in our direction. Then a tap on my shoulder. AncientElite was conscious! He pointed to his holster. Then I remembered... his suppressed pistol!

He still looked weak. I reached into the holster and drew the pistol. I set him down. I put my finger over my lips and looked at my squad. Maybe I could make the Royals think I was alone, and my squad could get away. Then they could get help and rescue me. The plan was flawed, but it was my only option.

I took a deep breath. Then I jumped out from behind the rock, pistol in hand. I almost fired, until I looked around. A Commando on every rock, a gunner in every escape route, and a soldier pointing a gun at my face. I set the pistol down and grinned, nervously. I was scared.

The soldier calmly pointed at the jeep. I knew what he meant. I sat in the passenger seat without resisting. I was captured.

They drove with the headlights off this time, probably to not be seen by the planes. The engines were louder than ever now. The attack would start at any second. I looked around, taking in the scenery. I did my best to enjoy it, because it felt like the last time I would have a chance to see it.

Then the person in the back seat tapped on my shoulder. I turned around. He was almost smiling. I gave him a confused look. "Remember me?" he asked. I shook my head. He pointed at his nametag. The name "motigoldfish" was spelled out in bold letters. Oh great, this was the same Royal that had taken me prisoner in Victory Village!

I asked him how he survived the attack. He replied simply, "I walked away." So he had deserted. Then why had the Royals not executed him when he returned? Maybe they knew they needed all the soldiers they could get... maybe this went deeper...

We arrived at the Royal H.Q., and I was tied up. motigoldfish led me inside. A guard stared at me, seeming as though he was inspecting every aspect of my existence. He was silent, but he waved us through. It turned out this building was also a bunker, and motigoldfish led me down a staircase into the concrete structure.

A room full of radios, maps, and soldiers was at the bottom. On a monitor, I saw live video footage of a launch site. What was that on the pad? It couldn't be... it was! It was the V2 rocket, completely operational and ready for launch! I then noticed that at least ten monitors showed the same thing, just in different locations... they had more than one. I had to find a way to warn my comrades.

A sergeant walked up to us. "What's your business here, private?" he asked motigoldfish. "Prisoner. Taking him in for interrogation," he replied calmly.

The sergeant was reluctant, but he let us pass. A large steel door was on the other side of the room. I had a flashback to Victory Village. The door was standing wide open, just waiting for me to step inside and trap me.

We reached the door. I stopped. "Move," said motigoldfish. I didn't say anything. He sighed, then forced me in with one swift kick. The door slammed behind me. There were no windows, no lights, no hope.

My fellow Nationals were launching a full-scale assault which was now doomed since the Royals had the V2... and I couldn't warn them. I couldn't even be with them during the attack. I was stuck in a jail cell, awaiting interrogation.

Then a single light bulb flickered on. I could see the shadow of a Royal in the middle of the room. He was sitting at a desk. "Hello, DogieDude," said the shadow.

"How do you know my name?" I replied.

"Ha, how could we not? You were a prisoner of ours in Victory Village... until your friends came to your rescue." The shadow continued," But that doesn't matter now. Victory Village was lost anyway. It wasn't worth fighting over anymore. But now, we have your rocket. Tell your Command I said thank you, by the way, I'm sure we'll really enjoy it... that is if you get back to your Command."

"You won't get a chance to enjoy it, soon my comrades will be flooding this place, and they'll kill everyone, even you," I boasted.

"Oh, I don't think they'll kill me..." said the shadow.

"And why is that?" I asked.

The shadow turned on another light. It was then clear to me who this was... it was BuddyStar! A top general of the National Army!

"You're a traitor!!!" I screamed.

"No sir, you are the traitor. I disappeared over a month ago, and everyone has been wondering where I am," he went on, " When the Nationals arrive, I will tell them I was kidnapped and you were the one who informed the Royals of my whereabouts."

"But I was sent here on a mission! Command knows that! They even selected me for it!" I argued.

"No matter, I'm a top general, you're a low-ranking soldier... who are they going to believe?"
I knew he was right. It was his word against mine, he wins... it's that simple. The General smiled as he noticed my realization.

He continued, "Besides, I called for the attack." I was confused. "I got on a radio and told National Command that I was alive and well, but was afraid the Royals were planning something with me. I then gave them the location and faked a dramatic scene in which I was about to be discovered, and hung up."

I was silent. The sergeant from earlier popped into the room. I then noticed he looked a lot like... nsdatac?!?! He couldn't be, but still...

"Sir, the Nationals have begun the invasion. Shall I call for launch?" asked the sergeant.

BuddyStar nodded. He turned to me, "You're welcome to come out of the cell and watch if you like," I stepped outside. On the monitors, smoke was beginning to pour from the exhaust of the rockets.

Then I heard the countdown. I was terrified as the radio ops called to prepare for launch.

3... 2...1...

Ignition.

Thanks for Reading! Coming Soon: A National's War Story Part 11!

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2010 10:32 PM by DogieDude1234.)
07-07-2010, 05:21 AM | Post: #73
nsda 
whoa im a tratior yer great chapter

07-07-2010, 05:23 AM | Post: #74
DogieDude1234 
traitor? maybe... I'm not telling. lol You'll have to find out in Part 11... Smile and thanks for the feedback!

08-07-2010, 06:18 AM | Post: #75
nsda 
or maybe im a tratior tratior or a tratior tratior tratior we shall see

btw nsdatac got level 20 today

08-07-2010, 06:19 AM | Post: #76
nsda 
but really youre one of the best writers ive seen here
more people should read youre great story

08-07-2010, 04:58 PM | Post: #77
DogieDude1234 
Wow, level 20? My highest is only 15... Anywho, yeah, it would be nice if I had more readers, but of course, not everyone has time to read everything. Either way, I really appreciate the compliment, and that you've taken the time to read my whole story and to give feedback. Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2010 05:00 PM by DogieDude1234.)
08-07-2010, 06:14 PM | Post: #78
TheGunnySarge 
Hey where am I and why didn't I get to shoot him SadHuh

Remember the Rabbit!!!!

/)/)
(0_0)
*(_(")(")

08-07-2010, 06:15 PM | Post: #79
DogieDude1234 
You're still in it. And shoot who? lol

08-07-2010, 06:20 PM | Post: #80
TheGunnySarge 
Anyway good story can't wait to see how I save YOU

Remember the Rabbit!!!!

/)/)
(0_0)
*(_(")(")