Hello There, Guest!

26-06-2009, 12:45 PM | Post: #1
VitalBullet
[Image: NewComeguide.png]

Both Newcomers and Veterans alike are welcome to brush up on their Battlefield
basics.

This guide is sure to help you on your way to becoming a true Battlefield Hero.

[Image: LogoGreencopy.png]
Battlefield Heroes or, as many like to call it ‘Heroes’ or 'BFH' is a new step in the Battlefield franchise, it is mostly aimed at casual gamers or gamers who like funny, cartoony and not too serious game play. It is not made to replace previous Battlefield titles, like Battlefield 2.

In Heroes we have two factions fighting on the virtual battlefield against each other: The ‘National Army’ and the ‘Royal Army’.

How to start playing?:

Follow these easy steps to Register an account and start playing!

You can create up to three Heroes and it is currently NOT possible to delete them.
However, you can buy more slots so you can create more, new Heroes. Simply click on the "Get more Hero slots" button on your profile page.

Factions:

Both Factions are equal when it comes to balance. They might use different weapons, but these weapons match each other in strength, ammo, speed, etc.

So, for example: the heavy machine gun of the National Army does the same damage as the heavy machine gun of the Royal Army. The only way the factions differ, is in the way they look, so you will recognize them by their apparel, the way they walk and so on.

Just remember that if it has a red name above it, SHOOT IT!

You can easily recognize your friends by their names written in blue above their heads and the big blue cross when you aim at them.

The Classes:

There are three different classes in Heroes. We have the Gunner, the Soldier and the Commando. Every class has its special features, but they all have some things in common. They can all carry two weapons, and one explosive to use against vehicles or careless infantry. They all are able to use every single vehicle type and they all have special Abilities, but the Abilities are different for each class.

The level cap (highest level you can reach) at the moment is level 30.
On the way up, you will earn Hero Points (see Hero Points section in this guide) and unlock new clothing for Valor Points and Play4Free Funds.

Currently you do not unlock new weapons.

The Gunner:

The Gunner is the heavy weapon guy, he has more health than the other classes and carries the BIG guns, like the anti-tank rockets and machine guns. Machine guns are most effective in close-range fights.

He might be the slowest of the different Heroes, but he has the most health, a ranged anti-tank weapon and generally packs a HUGE punch.

Their Abilities are:

Frenzy Fire – Your machine gun becomes more accurate over longer distance, so you become more efficient in medium or long range combat for a short time, every hit you get on your enemies also grants you a small amount of health.

Hero Shield - You can shield yourself up and absorb extra damage and allow you to grind away at your enemies. This ability can also be shared with nearby friendly units offering them a little extra protection.

Explosive Keg – With Explosive Keg you can throw an exploding barrel at the enemy to blow them away and slow them down.

Leg It – You and your mates around you will run faster for a short period of time. Great for closing the gap between you and your enemy.

I Eat Grenades – You will eat every explosive thrown at you by the enemy and heal yourself up with every eaten one, for a period of time.

The Soldier:

The Soldier is the all-rounder in Heroes; he can be played as a supporting class, but also can do a lot of damage to his enemies.

Their Abilities are:

Blasting Strike – You will push every enemy away sending them sky high, damaging them slightly in the process. Try to blast enemies into walls or buildings to do extra damage.

6th Sense – 6th sense will help you and your nearby team mates to see every non-stealthed enemy through buildings and walls, for a short period of time.

Burning Bullets – The bullets from your SMG start burning and do extra damage to the enemy. If you hit an open vehicle you will ignite all enemies riding in it. Be aware if two Soldiers shooting at one target with Burning Bullets: only the first Soldier who hits will light up the enemy, the burning damage of the second Burning Bullets does not stack with the first one.

Combat Medicine – With this you will heal yourself as well as team mates around you. The more team mates you heal, the more health you, yourself will receive. Additionally, you also gain points for healing team mates.

Grenade Spam – You spam multiple grenades at your enemy with one throw, but be aware that as soon as you switch to this Ability it will be activated and the cooldown start, as soon as you switch away from it, even if you didn’t throw the grenades.

The Commando:

The Commando is considered by some to be the "sneaky" class in Heroes. He is not necessarily made for direct close-combat assault, instead he is a really good supporter from far away. nonetheless, if handled correctly, their knife can do quite some damage.
He is the fastest of all the Heroes, but also has the least amount of health.

Their Abilities are:

Elixir- You will run faster for a short time, able to sprint away from enemies who are getting to close and it will deploy a weak shield that absorb a small amount of damage.

Mark Target – You can mark targets so your team can see its position through buildings and terrain, for a short period of time. At higher levels this ability can mark multiple enemies at once.

Stealth – You become invisible to the enemy until you shoot or they get too close at which point you will become partially visible. At higher levels the distance in which you become partially visible is reduced.

Poisoned Blade – You can put a lethal Poison on your knife’s blade and do additional damage over time to the enemy you are attacking.

Troop Trap – You can put down an explosive trap for enemy troops. When they stray too close, Kaboom… surprise! this also infects the enemy with a deadly poison causing damage over time.

Piercing Shot – Give your sniper rifle a damage boost for a short period of time, Best served with head shots.

Abilities:

Every class has their own unique Abilities; Abilities can be compared to skills in other games. It is a special effect which gives your Hero, or in some cases the whole team an advantage. You can upgrade your abilities with Hero Points in five different steps.

To upgrade an ability click on the little plus [+] button next to it. As soon as you learned a new ability you need to ‘drag and drop’ it into your equipment bar (the one with the weapons etc. in it), so you will able to select the new Ability in game by pressing the key assigned to the slot.

While using Abilities, keep in mind you will most likely cancel the current ability if you start a new one.

You can reset your Abilities at any time: simply click the 'refund' button in the upper right corner (the one with the two arrows) of your Abilities screen.

Widgets:

Widgets are special items that require replacement based on either time or player use. You can find them in the Store under the Widgets tab. In Heroes you can find the following widgets commonly used:

Bandages:
Heals your Hero for an amount of health, this widget will stop working when you take damage, enter a vehicle or use certain abilities. Bandages can also stop the damage over time effects of certain abilities.

Wrench:
With wrench you can repair the vehicle you are driving for a certain amount of hit points, the wrench will stop working when you leave the vehicle or the vehicle takes damage.

Tonic:
Terrific Tonics give your hero an instant boost of health. Be warned though... tonics are not so cheap so use them wisely.

XP Boost:
After you buy it, you do not need to equip this. You get bonus experience, as long as this widget is active.

VP Boost:
After you buy it, you do not need to equip this. You get bonus VP, as long as this widget is active.

Hero Points (HP):

Hero Points are those points you need to upgrade your abilities, you get them on every even level (2, 4, 6, 8 etc.). With every single Hero Point you can upgrade an ability or unlock a new one if you haven’t unlocked them all already.

Valor Points (VP):

Valor Points are the Points to get items like weapons, certain widgets, certain emotes and some of the clothing items from the store. You earn them, the easiest way to do this is by completing missions, but you also get them for just playing.

Play4Free Funds (BF):

Play4Free Funds are the points you can buy all the cool clothes and emotes with, but you can also use them to purchase experience or Valor Point boosts.

But you won’t be able to buy weapons or other things that give you a direct advantage on the battlefield.
You can purchase battle funds by going to the Get Play4Free Funds Page, It is not possible to earn Play4Free Funds in game.

Flags:

During a round you will see that there are several flags on the map you and the enemy can capture. If a flag is captured by your team, your team’s banner will proudly wave on the top of the pole, but if you see the enemy’s flag waving at you from the top of the pole, it is time for you to capture that flag.

You can capture the flag by standing next to it, but be careful, the enemy will most likely defend their territory.
If your team hold more flags than the enemy, the enemy will lose more points (tickets) for every enemy Hero your team bring down. But holding flags alone will not lower the tickets of the enemy team you need to get out there and fight for victory.

Respawn:

When your Hero has fallen to the enemies might, you will ‘respawn’ after a few seconds. All your ability cool downs are set back to zero, your weapons are reloaded and you are good to go and take revenge. In the first seconds you will be invulnerable to protect you from being shot down instantly.

You will most likely spawn close to a flag your team owns, but you can’t choose which one it should be. Sometimes you will drop out of the sky and deploy your parachute, this is a spawn camp protection feature and it will happen when the enemy overruns your spawn point.

Tickets:

The team that has their tickets reduced to 0 first loses the round. They are displayed at the top of the screen next to your teams’ flag. Tickets will be reduced for every man a team loses, so don’t go and hide, stand up and fight!

Vehicles:

Currently there are 4 different types of vehicle, Tank, Jeep, Plane and Helicopter.
The most important thing to say about vehicles is, the spawn is bound to player spawn, so a vehicle can only respawn when a player respawns at the same flag/base. But there are several other rules affecting the vehicle spawn, so you won’t find a vehicle every time you spawn.

Only planes and helicopters respawn after a certain amount of time.

Weapons:

There are currently 10 types of weapons: Pistols, Shotguns, Sub Machine Guns, Heavy Machine Guns, Sniper Rifles, Knives, Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, Grenades and TNT. Certain weapons can only be used by certain classes and all weapons have unlimited ammo.

At any one time you can equip 2 main weapons and one explosive. Pistols, Shotguns, Sub Machine Guns, Heavy Machine Guns, Sniper Rifles and Knives are all classed as Main Weapons while Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, Grenades and TNT are classed as explosives.

The Tutorial:

In the tutorial you can learn how the in game part of Heroes works, if you are new to the game you should give It a try, you can enter the tutorial by clicking the options tab. From here you'll see a "Play Tutorial". Click this and it should launch you right into it.
You can end the tutorial anytime by hitting the ’ESC’ button.

Numbers on the battlefield:

During a round you should see there are numbers popping up when you hit somebody, those numbers indicates the damage you did and the experience you gain. So for example you will also see this numbers popping up when you capture a flag.

Those numbers can be:
White – Normal hit, capping a flag
Yellow – Critical hit
Red - The enemy is close to death
Green - If you have an Exp Boost for your character you will see green numbers next to your Heroes avatar in the top left corner, indicating the bonus EXP you have earned.

The Store:

The store is the place where you can get all the cool items to give your Hero that unique look, boost your experience or Valor Points or get different weapons. You will find different categories and can browse through different tabs to find what you need.

Keep in mind:
For some things you need Valor Points and for others you have to purchase Play4Free Funds.

Emotes:

You can get emotes in the Store under the emote tab. You can use emotes for communication, for example, requesting a medic, or just to show your enemy what you think about him.

But the most funny way to use emotes is to taunt your victims, after you showed him what explosives, and bullets to the face can do.

Missions:

Missions are a good way to earn more VP then you would during a normal battle. There are many different kind of missions and as you level up you will unlock new missions. You can equip a maximum of 3 missions at any one time and you can easily select your missions in the "Mission" tab of "My Stuff" by dragging and dropping them into free mission slots.

The Forums:

The forums are a wonderful source of information and a great place to get to know you're fellow Heroes. Just remember the awesome Search Function and Read those stickies, so you can help keep it a clean and happy place for everyone.

(This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:32 PM by ironsiolder123.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2009, 02:21 AM | Post: #2
thinlychips 
what is pre game?

[Image: pubsig.php?1bulletkill;210380532;21]
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2009, 04:34 AM | Post: #3
Cyblos 
(25-09-2009 10:23 PM)hardcorerambo Wrote:  how do you take a soldier off your account
Huh

You can create up to four Heroes and it is currently NOT possible to delete them.
However, you can buy more slots so you can create more, new Heroes. Simply click on the "Get more Hero slots" button on your profile page.

[Image: sig_x.png]
26-09-2009, 04:36 AM | Post: #4
Cyblos 
(26-09-2009 02:21 AM)thinlychips Wrote:  what is pre game?

Pre-game is the open server before the required amount of players load. The server needs two players per side for the game to start ... Though you can function inside the game in 'pre-game' nothing you do will count to your score or inventory. Smile

[Image: sig_x.png]
26-09-2009, 11:11 AM | Post: #5
oskar0901 
you cant play game. is so bad!!!
26-09-2009, 01:41 PM | Post: #6
JanMaager 
He, this might sound stupid but right now I am blocked on the screen were I can see how many points I have. I can't do anything right now. The only thing I can do is change hero. A part from that, I can only click on the link to buy stuff but that's it. I don't know to join a game or to quit. Please help.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2009 01:42 PM by JanMaager.)
27-09-2009, 05:09 PM | Post: #7
Ant1venom 
y do i keep getting kicked.
27-09-2009, 08:26 PM | Post: #8
jim911 
how do i start a game of my own
28-09-2009, 01:16 AM | Post: #9
katilisk 
i hope this game dont stink.
30-09-2009, 12:42 PM | Post: #10
JabuGO 
hi
ive just gained level 14 and i have not recived my hero point.
As far as i have read this on post "Every time you gain an even level (2, 4, 6, etc.), you gain 1 additional Hero Point."
if this is correct, i have gained my new lvl 14 and havent recivet my hero point yet?
my last HP was recived when reached lvl 12. On lvls 13 and 14 no HP gained...

ty (sorry for my rude english, its a foreign language for me)
30-09-2009, 01:02 PM | Post: #11
Rivird 
How do u join a room when then can't find a suitable room for you? and how to disable the search for suitable room thingy? Someone tell me thanks..
30-09-2009, 01:58 PM | Post: #12
x3m_w505 
well im just wondering about the new update. since that i cant even get in on my account - it says "could not connect (1001)" and the it shut down the window. what is this?
30-09-2009, 02:18 PM | Post: #13
Kampfhase02 
(30-09-2009 01:58 PM)x3m_w505 Wrote:  well im just wondering about the new update. since that i cant even get in on my account - it says "could not connect (1001)" and the it shut down the window. what is this?

by me it is the same
30-09-2009, 02:36 PM | Post: #14
onlytheoretical 
same problem. Undecided
30-09-2009, 02:51 PM | Post: #15
NatsGunner 
idk i cant log it it says : "Error Connection (1001)" Undecided
30-09-2009, 02:54 PM | Post: #16
Jimkiller 
I have that problem too Error Connection (1001) the game began to have that problem after the version update.Right?
30-09-2009, 02:56 PM | Post: #17
Nick_2009 
i cant start the game whats wrong with the instalation ???? can anybody help me please i will play battlefield heroes but it doesn't work
30-09-2009, 03:00 PM | Post: #18
Jimkiller 
ALL of US have this problem maybe something went bad with the new updateUndecided
30-09-2009, 03:22 PM | Post: #19
Beatbox123 
But what can we do?? when i wont start the game they wright didnt abel to connect=????
30-09-2009, 04:17 PM | Post: #20
itachol8091 
who poland XD