Hello There, Guest!

08-06-2012, 11:13 AM | Post: #301
krisssssssssssss 
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/ref/2401190720

[Image: 1]
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 11:29 AM | Post: #302
orpheus###### 
(08-06-2012 03:45 AM)Corparative Wrote:  I was talking more in general. More gameplay variants, enter-able buildings, ships, actual rockets, flying to different planets, alien invasion, new playable races, new classes.

And buffs to knifing commandos. Gap closer mechanics. Perhaps a separate class.

There are people of all styles and tastes. Making a golden pistol your long-term investment into the success of the game is incredibly shortsighted.

Not gonna lie but enter-able buildings and the like don't really change the core game play. And knowing this game and how COD turned out, it would generally promote a lot of camping.

The new customization is about the closest you will get to new races.

The new classes and some game play variants would be quite nice though, but I'm truly not keen on anything that resembles a zombie mode.

I suppose though alien invasion could be a game mode, but that seems rather contrary to the point of having the whole royals vs nationals war and probably is beyond the scope or interest of these developers.

Perhaps you should try an mmorpg, as many of them have all of these things. I hear Eve online is good if you like flying ships.
Or if you like shooter games inside buildings try tf2 or css.
08-06-2012, 12:49 PM | Post: #303
emeks88 
+1 for absorbing HP with PB. But i think its crash the idea that mando cant just walk around and killing all with knife.... He need strategy to not loose his HP couse he cant recover it with skills.... So mando is balanced, and knife is secondary weapon... pistol/knife choose u'r own....

[Image: 1]
08-06-2012, 03:01 PM | Post: #304
Corparative
(08-06-2012 03:59 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 03:45 AM)Corparative Wrote:  I was talking more in general. More gameplay variants, enter-able buildings, ships, actual rockets, flying to different planets, alien invasion, new playable races, new classes.

There are people of all styles and tastes. Making a golden pistol your long-term investment into the success of the game is incredibly shortsighted.

....You want an MMORPG. A MMOTPS isn't for you bro.

Really? In Call of duty, you cant run around in buildings?

You cant fly things? (Nukes)

This game is a lot more like a mmo than you think. There are already levels. There are already usable abilities, just like in WoW.

Can I make the request that you use your brain before running your mouth?

This lack of imagination is what stunts games. I dont know about you, but logging into seaside skirmish to run around with a knife doing the same old ******** gets boring for me. We need variety.

But more importantly we need changes to knifers atm.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 03:03 PM by Corparative.)
08-06-2012, 03:17 PM | Post: #305
WorldBosh 
(08-06-2012 03:01 PM)Corparative Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 03:59 AM)WorldBosh Wrote:  

....You want an MMORPG. A MMOTPS isn't for you bro.

Really? In Call of duty, you cant run around in buildings?

You cant fly things? (Nukes)

This game is a lot more like a mmo than you think. There are already levels. There are already usable abilities, just like in WoW.

Can I make the request that you use your brain before running your mouth?

This lack of imagination is what stunts games. I dont know about you, but logging into seaside skirmish to run around with a knife doing the same old bovine excrement gets boring for me. We need variety.

But more importantly we need changes to knifers atm.

You asked for alien invasions, different races, different planets. You obviously don't want an MMOFPS/MMOTPS.

MMO means massively multiplayer online. Any game that isn't a single player is an MMO, FYI.

08-06-2012, 06:24 PM | Post: #306
Corparative
Well now you're just descending into the utter depths of idiocy.

Facebook tetris isnt single player, so now its an mmo.

I wasn't joking about the "engage your brain" comment, dude. I understand you feel a need to fire off scathing responses, but when you make comments that translate to equating facebook tetris with an mmo, you really arnt winning any sort of argument. With anyone.

Ill try to stay on topic and just say that knife commandos need to stop being trolled with this "oh we might introduce throwing knives" mentality. Just announce an upcoming patch to fix the problems already. Instead of yet another bf sale.
08-06-2012, 07:24 PM | Post: #307
SweetName 
Have you ever knived raven webb?

[Image: 2]
08-06-2012, 08:17 PM | Post: #308
The_WUUSTER 
Lol SweetName I know what you're getting at :3

Golden pistol? If you actually read the post they're only giving out MG's, SMG's, and rifles.

And honestly, I highly doubt crying about the weakness of one build is a wise long-term investment either, and IMO also quite shortsighted. Do you know what's a good long-term investment? Learning to play with all different styles, from sniping to pistol-ing (for commandos). Sticking with one build and QQ-ing about how it's woefully UP is a pretty stupid notion.

[Image: wuuster.png]
(23-12-2012 06:57 AM)TPangolin Wrote:  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.
08-06-2012, 11:04 PM | Post: #309
Corparative
(08-06-2012 08:17 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Lol SweetName I know what you're getting at :3

Golden pistol? If you actually read the post they're only giving out MG's, SMG's, and rifles.

And honestly, I highly doubt crying about the weakness of one build is a wise long-term investment either, and IMO also quite shortsighted. Do you know what's a good long-term investment? Learning to play with all different styles, from sniping to pistol-ing (for commandos). Sticking with one build and QQ-ing about how it's woefully UP is a pretty stupid notion.

You thought I literally meant one golden pistol? *facepalm*

You're also treating this game like it has dozens of configurations. It has four. So when 25% of the game is broken, thats a pretty big percentage.

I dont have a long-term investment, I'm not developing anything. EA is developing this game. Do you even know what the terminology that I used means? Or do you just want to jump into the convo and sound adult-like?

I have no interest in shooting guns. Got bored of it a long time ago.
08-06-2012, 11:06 PM | Post: #310
The_WUUSTER 
What do you mean by configurations?

(08-06-2012 11:04 PM)Corparative Wrote:  I have no interest in shooting guns. Got bored of it a long time ago.

Then why do you play this game?

As to new content game-wise, I'm more concerned with bug fixes. Fix the foundation, then add new content.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 11:06 PM by The_WUUSTER.)
08-06-2012, 11:11 PM | Post: #311
Ub3rCharged 
Well, I mostly use knifing as a mando and I agree that it's underpowered, but EA just isn't going to work on mandos for a while. Sadly, we knifers are just gonna have to be patient until the other classes get fixed first.

Off-topic: There is a golden pistol already, it's the Garreth Dapper Custom that no one uses. :P

[Image: TophatMudkip.gif]

Nationals in a Nutshell. (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 11:12 PM by Ub3rCharged.)
08-06-2012, 11:42 PM | Post: #312
orpheus###### 
Knife+slow,med,fast sniper, knife+pp, knife+ sr,mr,lr,uzi, pistol Dual knives

pistol+pistol (sr+sr, sr+mr, sr+lr, mr+mr,mr+lr,lr+lr sr+pp mr+pp lr+pp uzi+sr,mr,lr,pp)

pistol +sniper(sr+fast,med,slow; mr+ fast, med, slow; lr + fast,med, slow pp+fast,med,slow; uzi+ fast,med,slow)

If these are the configurations that you mean then there is obviously more than four. 28 Non knife related configurations and 9 knife related combinations, that is assuming I haven't left any out or my counting is correct.
9/37 = .2434 so not quite a quarter of all combinations are knife related.So technically it has just over 3 dozen of configurations despite not all of them being viable.

Maybe corporative you should try dual knifing, its actually OP as ****, if all you want to do is knife. It mostly kills faster then people can react, but leaves you gimped at longer ranges. Which i suppose shouldn't bother you since you don't like shooting.
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM | Post: #313
The_WUUSTER 
Well, how many weapons are there?

3 snipers, 3 pistols, 1 knife (multiply those by 2 since there are the black market versions). Then there's PP, Uzi, Machete, and Katana. So there are 11 total weapons (not counting re-skins); let me know if there are any I missed.

What's 18 choose 2?

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 11:58 PM by The_WUUSTER.)
09-06-2012, 12:25 AM | Post: #314
Corparative
(08-06-2012 11:54 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Well, how many weapons are there?

3 snipers, 3 pistols, 1 knife (multiply those by 2 since there are the black market versions). Then there's PP, Uzi, Machete, and Katana. So there are 11 total weapons (not counting re-skins); let me know if there are any I missed.

What's 18 choose 2?

Soldiers run with smg. Gunners with machine gun. Commandos can either snipe or knife.

There's 4 setups in the game.
09-06-2012, 02:39 AM | Post: #315
The_WUUSTER 
(09-06-2012 12:25 AM)Corparative Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 11:54 PM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  Well, how many weapons are there?

What's 18 choose 2?

Soldiers run with smg. Gunners with machine gun. Commandos can either snipe or knife.

There's 4 setups in the game.

False.

Soldiers don't have to use SRSMG's. I'm not using one in my current build.

Gunners don't have to use MG's either. I went with a pure SG build for quite a while.

Once again, commandos don't have to snipe or knife. I've had quite a blast with pure pistol builds.

And in case you're wondering, I'm doing quite fine with every single build I mentioned.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 02:39 AM by The_WUUSTER.)
09-06-2012, 04:22 AM | Post: #316
Corparative
Welp, I for one am not interested in debating this strange mode of running around with a pistol. Knife mandos still need a buff.
09-06-2012, 04:39 AM | Post: #317
The_WUUSTER 
(09-06-2012 04:22 AM)Corparative Wrote:  Welp, I for one am not interested in debating this strange mode of running around with a pistol. Knife mandos still need a buff.

Do you at least use a pistol as a side arm? I guarantee you that will at least solve a good 60% of your problems. I mean, if you're running around with only knives then you're kind of asking to get your ass handed to you... unless you dual-knife (and you'll get your ass handed to by any other mando with MT or any hero with a weapon that hits outside knife range).

09-06-2012, 05:18 AM | Post: #318
Drew 
Knifing is weak in high levels for 3 reason.

1. Commandos have low health and thus low survivability.
2. Every class has some form of a direct counter to a knifer.
3. Commandos are not a close range combat class, don't let the knife fool you.

Each class has it's respected range, knifing a gunner is as weak as a gunner using their weapons to kill a sniper in long range.

09-06-2012, 12:18 PM | Post: #319
Darkfindernagel 
(08-06-2012 11:11 PM)Ub3rCharged Wrote:  Well, I mostly use knifing as a mando and I agree that it's underpowered, but EA just isn't going to work on mandos for a while. Sadly, we knifers are just gonna have to be patient until the other classes get fixed first.

Off-topic: There is a golden pistol already, it's the Garreth Dapper Custom that no one uses. Tongue

I have the Garreth Dapper Custom and i USE it with another SR pistol. Dual SR Pistol is very difficult to play.

[Image: 6zoq5x.png]
09-06-2012, 01:43 PM | Post: #320
Corparative
(09-06-2012 04:39 AM)The_WUUSTER Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 04:22 AM)Corparative Wrote:  Welp, I for one am not interested in debating this strange mode of running around with a pistol. Knife mandos still need a buff.

Do you at least use a pistol as a side arm? I guarantee you that will at least solve a good 60% of your problems. I mean, if you're running around with only knives then you're kind of asking to get your ass handed to you... unless you dual-knife (and you'll get your ass handed to by any other mando with MT or any hero with a weapon that hits outside knife range).

No. I do not use pistol as a sidearm. Because I've noticed commandos who use that along with the MGL awesome basically just use it all the time and no longer knife.

Plus, its simply subpar to a soldier with an AK and a long range pistol. So. Like I said before, not interested in shooting people.

Drew is basically right. Gunners are just better for short range that knifers, which is just about the biggest troll I've seen from a game studio in a while.