Hello There, Guest!

20-06-2009, 10:45 PM | Post: #21
JanHyde 
(19-06-2009 07:44 PM)MAXIMUM_carnage Wrote:  JanHyde - Whats your take on snipers vs gunners? As a gunner, I've had fair success lately charging (zig-zagging) at snipers with Leg-It and guns blazing.

Obviously this won't work if they're half-way across the map; but if I'm at my base on SS, and you're on a hill that ain't THAT far away...

I've found that lofting RPGs over might get a few points of damage, but is completely ineffective against a calm, high level sniper.

Zig zagging is way better than jumping and a good strategy. RPGs I don't find that affective against me (unless I'm not paying attention and I get knocked from my perch in which case is an incovenience)

A good gunner at close range can do serious harm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2009, 10:49 PM | Post: #22
Marzillius 
What is this? Did you really need to go crazy and tell everyone exactly how awsome you are at this game? I'm not impressed, no one cares if you are good or not.

It's like some kind of long poem... about you in a video game. A bit narcissistic?
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2009 10:55 PM by Marzillius.)
20-06-2009, 10:52 PM | Post: #23
Jayer 
@JanHyde's First post

Amen.

Many thanks to the very awesome Sarnauba for his kind donation to me!
20-06-2009, 11:18 PM | Post: #24
HeadHunter67 
(20-06-2009 10:49 PM)Marzillius Wrote:  What is this? Did you really need to go crazy and tell everyone exactly how awsome you are at this game? I'm not impressed, no one cares if you are good or not.

It's like some kind of long poem... about you in a video game. A bit narcissistic?
I think you completely missed the point. He's not bragging - he's saying that everyone who whines about "Commandos are so OP!" could be more successful if they used their head for something other than a helmet rack. A little more common sense and tactical thought would go a long way.

Would I be off-base if I guessed that you're the sort who gets taken out by Commandos a lot?

[Image: WWsig9.png]

All the obstacles used by lesser minds to justify nerfs can be overcome by smarter play.
21-06-2009, 11:57 AM | Post: #25
Marzillius 
(20-06-2009 11:18 PM)HeadHunter67 Wrote:  
(20-06-2009 10:49 PM)Marzillius Wrote:  What is this? Did you really need to go crazy and tell everyone exactly how awsome you are at this game? I'm not impressed, no one cares if you are good or not.

I think you completely missed the point. He's not bragging - he's saying that everyone who whines about "Commandos are so OP!" could be more successful if they used their head for something other than a helmet rack. A little more common sense and tactical thought would go a long way.

Would I be off-base if I guessed that you're the sort who gets taken out by Commandos a lot?

Oh, guess I misunderstood. And no, I don't get taken out by Commandos a lot, because I play a commando myself. I play pretty much the way he plays, and I'm usually the one who takes out other commandos.
26-06-2009, 08:08 PM | Post: #26
JanHyde 
Yes you did misunderstand. I'm trying to help players who struggle against commandos. Players make the same mistakes over and over. As headhunter said, a bit of strategy will help players a great deal it countering commandos.
26-06-2009, 08:17 PM | Post: #27
xMaaD 
Well i was a commando but gunners for me Wink

I find that us gunners must get behind sand bags and set up camp, we take out anything moving down a street, but when i commando comes along (or shoots from a distance) we're stuffed, we're fat and slow so we run but get picked off, what i do is put on shield, give covering fire and get to the safest possible place

RIC0H says: Please be sure to read up on the signature rules, your signature cannot exceed 250px in height. Your sig is 385px in height.
If in doubt then please look here. Also note that if you wish to make your pic smaller, then look here.

[IG]http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/Em_g/Image2-5.png[/IG]
[IG]http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/Em_g/Untitled.png[/IG]

MotorManiacz Sponsors Stunt Montages!
26-06-2009, 11:23 PM | Post: #28
Robespierre 
(19-06-2009 06:21 PM)PurgeThunder Wrote:  I am SICK of hearing from Commandos/Gunners that love the fact that Grenade Spam got so nerfed. Of course they like it because it now allows them to dominate the game. Like it has been said so many times before, these classes are crushing Soldiers because of their lack of a balanced counter-attack.

No Soldier can stand up against a Gunner in the open field and they certainly can't stand against a two-shot kill from a Commando that appears out of nowhere from across the map. The only thing that truly kept them competitive was the effectiveness of the Grenade Spam.

To call it a a Noob Spam is to severely over-simpify the reason why a Soldier had it. It was THE SINGLE BEST COUNTER to the other two classes...BAR NONE. Burning Bullets are not as effective as the Gunners cannon and Blasting Strike does nothing against a Commando you can't reach. At least with the Grenade Spam you could reach the Commando and put some serious hurt on him while he's tucked away on the church tower or on a cliff. Now...no way. You stick your head out to try and put a few Burning Bullets in him and he's already popped you in the head twice...game over.

To say that you just have to "learn to play the game now" is a stupid response, especially coming from people that obviously don't play the Soldier (at least not as their primary hero). Also, there are plenty of guys out there that don't mind ignoring the Grenade Spam ability in favor of something else. In that case, the question must be asked: "Why have it as an ability if nobody wants to waste any points on it?"

Was Grenade Spam too powerful? Yes.

Should it have been nerfed as bad as it did? No.

What is the fix? Downgrade its power by ONLY 20% of its former damage, put the spread & blast radius back the way it was as well as its effectiveness against tanks. This will allow it from getting so many insta-kills but will still allow it to be effective and useful.

LIKE SO MANY HAVE SAID ALREADY...with the nerfed GS the game is unbalanced. Period.

Trust me, from the minimum distance that I would shoot you from, the non-nerfed grenade spam would be just as useless, and Poison Blade is an ability too, and nobdy wants to waste points on that Dodgy

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."
- Zen

"All physical problems can be solved by two things: Time, and patience."
- Zhaan (This post was last modified: 26-06-2009 11:25 PM by Robespierre.)
03-08-2009, 04:45 AM | Post: #29
Shoverbug 
i eat silly snipers for breakfast lunch and dinner.

no, your not safe, i will kill you.
03-08-2009, 06:41 AM | Post: #30
Antoninus 
(18-06-2009 10:09 PM)X_Genocide_X Wrote:  If you are any other class other than commando, you should not be hunting the commando that just killed you. Odds are always against you. Just accept that you died and move on.

You just defined "overpowered" without intending to.

Commandos are overpowered. However, I agree that complaining is useless...it isn't as if we are lobbying the developers for change (oh, yeah, they're listening alright...heheheh). The commandos have every advantage, and as the above poster says, the only counter is another commando. But hey, it's an evolving game, and you take what you've got.

As any other class, you just have to be tricky. More importantly, you must master the LONG RANGED PISTOL (!!!). That pistol will save your life, soldier! Gunner, you're out of luck. Just hide behind a crate and try not to get knifed.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2009 07:15 AM by Antoninus.)
03-08-2009, 06:53 AM | Post: #31
TheGameTrain 
Quote:Trust me, from the minimum distance that I would shoot you from, the non-nerfed grenade spam would be just as useless, and Poison Blade is an ability too, and nobdy wants to waste points on that Dodgy

I've seen hundreds of knifers making sweet love to the poison blade ability. As well as elixir.

[Image: 2290219253_1_2.png]

This may be a generic signature but your not the one with a Mac, are you?

Feeling generous? How about signing up here and help me get some BF? http://www.battlefunds.com/?ref=4268 (This post was last modified: 03-08-2009 07:00 AM by TheGameTrain.)
03-08-2009, 07:18 AM | Post: #32
W00ster 
(03-08-2009 06:53 AM)TheGameTrain Wrote:  
Quote:Trust me, from the minimum distance that I would shoot you from, the non-nerfed grenade spam would be just as useless, and Poison Blade is an ability too, and nobdy wants to waste points on that Dodgy

I've seen hundreds of knifers making sweet love to the poison blade ability. As well as elixir.

Well, it seems kind of useless. It gives away your position, and if I'm not mistaken, can't you just negate poison by healing through bandages or Combat Medicine?

[Image: redfive.png]
03-08-2009, 08:47 AM | Post: #33
Nurech 
I made this little Commando 1on1 tips.
  • TT in doorways, tunnels + places they are unlikely to be seen
  • You know a commando is stealthed over there, well, Mark him then!
  • Don't stand still, you'll get sunburned. Also you'll be a very easy target to pick.
  • Change spots after every kill, people will seek revenge u know.
  • Want to stay alive longer? Sometimes it's wiser to avoid killing other commandos.
  • Piercing shot is a must have with a commando, you'll take down soldiers with 2 hits.
  • Blasted away?Shoot him in the face from mid air!
  • Set on fire? Shoot him and then pop bandage!
  • Blow up the Troop Trap to get on top of buildings.
  • You can even kill gunner before keg gets near.
  • If you don't want to be seen, keep a distance from healing soldiers.
  • Be unpredictable, if someone gets too close and detects you, run in the stupidest direction possible.
  • Get creative, avoid the Church top and Lighthouse. Those places are so well known.
  • TT's can send your enemies flying away if they get to close to the explosion, us it for your advantage.
  • TT can also send you flying away when your capping flags in order to save your sorry ass.

[Image: joos3p.png]
03-08-2009, 09:41 AM | Post: #34
Raro 
Thanks for the tips guys Tongue
This'll probably help my Commando Gameplay a lot aswell as when I play Soldier and Gunner and am hunting Commandos Big Grin

[Image: attachment.php?attachhash=cbda7abce58d78...6b1440b520]

[Image: 2rnx2xz.jpg]
[Image: 2u9imx3.jpg]
[Image: 20hroy9.jpg]
[Image: fz9mdk.jpg]

RawR :3
03-08-2009, 09:47 AM | Post: #35
DorianGray 
Um, snipers ARE OP vs plane. Any moron can shoot them no matter what they do, unless they stay in space the entire time doing nothing.
03-08-2009, 09:48 AM | Post: #36
Moke 
Someone ban JanHyde..... squaler.... judas....tatletale..... and... and... well, other derogatory remarks about him telling all the tips...

damnit man.. shuuut uuup
03-08-2009, 10:27 AM | Post: #37
CandyCrew 
Commando's are fine to start with, just the people they attract a lot aren't, even in commando vs commando I just see the other commando runnin away till their teammates gank you>.>
03-08-2009, 10:29 AM | Post: #38
CandyCrew 
(19-06-2009 06:21 PM)PurgeThunder Wrote:  I am SICK of hearing from Commandos/Gunners that love the fact that Grenade Spam got so nerfed. Of course they like it because it now allows them to dominate the game. Like it has been said so many times before, these classes are crushing Soldiers because of their lack of a balanced counter-attack.

No Soldier can stand up against a Gunner in the open field and they certainly can't stand against a two-shot kill from a Commando that appears out of nowhere from across the map. The only thing that truly kept them competitive was the effectiveness of the Grenade Spam.

To call it a a Noob Spam is to severely over-simpify the reason why a Soldier had it. It was THE SINGLE BEST COUNTER to the other two classes...BAR NONE. Burning Bullets are not as effective as the Gunners cannon and Blasting Strike does nothing against a Commando you can't reach. At least with the Grenade Spam you could reach the Commando and put some serious hurt on him while he's tucked away on the church tower or on a cliff. Now...no way. You stick your head out to try and put a few Burning Bullets in him and he's already popped you in the head twice...game over.

To say that you just have to "learn to play the game now" is a stupid response, especially coming from people that obviously don't play the Soldier (at least not as their primary hero). Also, there are plenty of guys out there that don't mind ignoring the Grenade Spam ability in favor of something else. In that case, the question must be asked: "Why have it as an ability if nobody wants to waste any points on it?"

Was Grenade Spam too powerful? Yes.

Should it have been nerfed as bad as it did? No.

What is the fix? Downgrade its power by ONLY 20% of its former damage, put the spread & blast radius back the way it was as well as its effectiveness against tanks. This will allow it from getting so many insta-kills but will still allow it to be effective and useful.

LIKE SO MANY HAVE SAID ALREADY...with the nerfed GS the game is unbalanced. Period.

Don't complain, you still play the easiest class ingame.
03-08-2009, 11:32 AM | Post: #39
Arken 
(03-08-2009 06:41 AM)Antoninus Wrote:  
(18-06-2009 10:09 PM)X_Genocide_X Wrote:  If you are any other class other than commando, you should not be hunting the commando that just killed you. Odds are always against you. Just accept that you died and move on.

You just defined "overpowered" without intending to.

Commandos are overpowered. However, I agree that complaining is useless...it isn't as if we are lobbying the developers for change (oh, yeah, they're listening alright...heheheh). The commandos have every advantage, and as the above poster says, the only counter is another commando. But hey, it's an evolving game, and you take what you've got.

As any other class, you just have to be tricky. More importantly, you must master the LONG RANGED PISTOL (!!!). That pistol will save your life, soldier! Gunner, you're out of luck. Just hide behind a crate and try not to get knifed.

its funny, but my main is a commando and i find it easier to kill with the soldier. My soldier out performs my Commando so easily its a joke. A well played soldier will smack the hell out of most commandos. I suppose the only difference is that its easier to figure out how to player a commando well.
03-08-2009, 12:12 PM | Post: #40
Mr Kupo 
If you're a sniper, and you have some non-sniper shooting a pistol at you pretty accurately, then take cover. I can't tell you how many times I've killed a sniper across an open field and the sniper didn't move one inch to dodge the bullets. They are too preoccupied with lining their sights.

Uh Oh! The truck have started to move!
[Image: 3]