Crazy soldier guide. - Printable Version
+- Battlefield Heroes (/en/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: Tutorials, Guides and Strategies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Crazy soldier guide. (/showthread.php?tid=69696)
Crazy soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 27-09-2009 11:34 PM
CrazyFlyGuy AKA: EbonyBlade's Soldier guide!!!
Links to my other guides:
Recent update: On killing gunners.
Controls are very important. These are the ones i use, you do not need to use them, but i find it very easy to use.
M3 is my thumb button, just so you know. It can just as easily be replaced with middle click if you don't have one.
BB and Blasting Strike are the abilities i most have to use in combat, along with combat medicine, (obviously). They are all very accessible.
Alt is sixth sense, its easy to get to, but its not exactly needed in combat.
C and V, both easy to get to, and grenades and grenade spam is often used in conjunction, so they are close to each other.
Bandages and wrenches, hardly ever used in combat except to heal BB, its still easily accessible anyway.
Combat Medicine: First priority skill
Probably the most important soldier ability, you can heal yourself and your teammates, i recommend level 5 as soon as possible.
- Try not to use it to early, at level 5 Combat medicine, don't use it at more than 67 health when in combat.
- Find teammates, your combat medicine heals you more if your near teammates, regardless of weather or not they are actually healed.
- Mostly for combat healing, sure heal a teammate if they need it, but use bandages if theres no immediate danger, you need to save your combat medicine.
Burning Bullets: Helpful
This is a damage over time ability and can set your opponents on fire, damage increases upon level.
- You can light up stealthed commandos, planes, jeeps and all there passengers.
- You can burn lots of people at the same time, so if attacking a group burn them all up before concentrating fire on a single enemy.
- If your going to get this early, put 1 point into it, from a purely analytical point of view this lets you deal 20 more damage, to multiple enemies, putting more into it only lets you deal 4 extra damage per point. On the other hand, combat medicine gets from 5-10 extra health bonus per level. So the most effective is just level 1 until much later levels.
Blasting Strike: Very Important
Blasting strike, basically you clap your hands together, and some shockwave comes out and knocks everyone out of the way, power of shockwave increases upon level, as well as the refresh time.
- Push away jeeps, tanks and planes trying to roadkill/wingclip/tanksmash
- Flip tanks over
- Blast jeeps at enemies... Or friends that ran off with the jeep in VV
- Blast away knifing commandos
- Blast people into walls, this is best done when jumping, if you jump and blasting strike you often do far more damage, you can also jump off high places such as buildings and blasting strike enemies into the ground.
- Red means someone is almost dead, so if your fighting someone, wait until you see red, and blast them into a wall for the kill.
- A panic button, like combat medicine. If you find yourself low on health and they show no signs of dropping, blast them away, and hide behind a corner for a quick heal. You can always throw a grenade behind you as well, i often get kills like this.
Remember: If you jump and blast, you do more damage. If you blast without jumping, you push them away more.
Sixth Sense: Very Important
Sixth Sense is basically a wallhack, for the duration of the ability, any non stealthed enemy's behind walls will have a red outline, this is a shared ability, so anyone close to you will also be able to see the concealed enemy's. I recommend level 1 until you have max CM and BS, its helpful at higher levels, but not overly important after level 1.
- DO NOT underestimate this ability, the ability to see through walls and plan attacks CANNOT be overstated enough.
- Use to plan attacks, with grenade spam and grenades you can give yourself an invaluable advantage in battle.
- Flank enemies, seeing what direction they are facing is invaluable, and attacking from behind gives you a great advantage in battle.
Grenade Spam: Helpful
Grenade spam, basically you throw many grenades at once, they are weaker than normal grenades, but you are throwing loads of them, so who cares. Very useful at level 1. In-fact i generally recommend keeping it at level 1 until higher levels.
- Combine with sixth sense, throw it in the path of enemies, correct timing means your enemies wont see it until they are already on it.
- Throw normal grenades on top of the grenade spam for extra damage.
- To do this: Switch to grenades, use grenade spam, now when you see an enemy click twice to throw both in quick succession.
- Flank enemies, with sixth sense you can see what direction your opponents are facing, get them from behind, or throw it in there path, they probably won't notice and you will do some very high damage.
- Grenades can bounce, use this to your advantage.
Where to put your points
- Your first point goes into combat medicine, naturally.
- At level 2 you might want to get 1 point in a skill of your choice, weather it be blasting strike, burning bullets, grenade spam, or whatever, i would recommend sixth sense.
- After that, just max out combat medicine.
- After level 12, put one point into the 3 skills you haven't maxed, in any order. Why? Because every soldier skill is useful at level 1, so having all of them gives you lots of versatility. Personally i would get BS, then BB and GS. BS is a real life saver, BB is more often used than GS.
- After level 16, max blasting strike. You really need it for gunners/knifers. This is the most important skill along with CM and SS.
- After level 24, you can really do whatever you want. Go for BB, GS, or SS, keep in mind that BB and SS is better off at 1 or 3, do not get level 2 or 4.
I'm going to talk about the various weapons avaliable to you, soldiers have the widest assortment of weapons to choose from, but only a few are really useful.
Tommy's Typewriter / Rudolf's Rescue
Short Range, 40 Ammo.
- Effective in both short range, mid range, and to a certain extent long range.
- Crits frequently, up to 40+ damage at times.
- Recommended as primary weapon.
- Personal rating - 9/10 because its extremely effective at all but long ranges.
Charlie's Chopper / The Kommandant
Medium Range, 30 Ammo.
- Effective in short range, mid range, and to a certain extent long range, but still less effective than short range SMG.
- Crits semi-frequently.
- Could be a compliment to the short range SMG when it runs out of ammo, but as its generally inferior not recommended as a replacement.
- Personal rating - 6/10 generally beaten by short range SMG, but still effective as a secondary.
Greg's Greasy Gun / The Wacky Machine Gun
Long Range, 25 Ammo.
- Effective at long range and very long range, but generally inferior to short range smg at short and mid range.
- Crits semi-frequently.
- Can take out snipers, very accurate weapon, good compliment to the short range SMG.
- Personal rating - 8/10 one of the 2 weapons that can counter long range snipers. If you have BB get this, if you don't get the pistol.
Stewart's Shotty / Friedrich's Fly Swatter
Very short Range, 12 Ammo.
- Effective only at VERY short range.
- Hits upwards of 30 damage at short range, very fast.
- Probably most effective short range weapon, a good compliment to the short range smg, but using that combo leaves you defenseless at long ranges.
- Personal rating - 8/10 very effective at short ranges, a great secondary weapon.
Hubble's Double Trouble / Steiner's Shotgun
Short Range, 10 Ammo.
- Effective at short range. But slightly longer range than above shotgun.
- Hits upwards of 30 damage at short range, not very fast.
- Not a bad compliment to short range SMG, but i would still go with very short range shotgun.
- Personal rating 6/10 generally beaten by short range SMG, but is a good secondary.
Slugger / Uwe's Overpowered
Long Range, 8 Ammo.
- Supposed to be effective at long range, but its not.
- Hits under 20 damage at all ranges it seems, very slowly.
- Just... Don't use it.
- Personal rating 1/10 ineffective at every range.
Garreth Custom / Florenz Flurry
Very short range, 12 Ammo.
- Effective at very short range, but not as much as very short range shotgun.
- Personal rating - 1/10 simply because its beaten by another weapon in every way.
Carl's Cold Comfort / Ludwig's Loaded
Medium range, 6 ammo.
- Effective at medium range, but not as much as medium range smg.
- Personal rating - 1/10 simply because its beaten by another weapon in every way.
Harry's Hand Cannon / Gerhart's Greatest
Very long range, 8 ammo.
- Effective at very long ranges, still does decent damage at short range.
- Hits around 10-20 at medium and long ranges.
- Very accurate, can shoot accurately the whole length of most infantry maps.
- Personal rating - 8/10 one of the 2 weapons that can counter long range snipers. If you have BB get the long range SMG, if you don't get this.
- Sticks to vehicles, effective only against vehicles and at short range.
- Does anywhere from 50-120 damage on tanks/jeeps, kills planes in one go.
- If you throw it at a tank, find cover again while your waiting for it to reload.
- Personal rating - 8/10 Allows you to actually do something against tanks, if you play on a normal map cycle this is almost a requirement.
* If you play on BB/SS servers or something, TNT beats grenades in basically every way.
Bill's Bomb / Steel Hand Grenade
- Effective only against infantry, you can throw it quite far.
- Does anywhere from 30-50 if aimed well. But small blast area means it takes a bit of practice.
- Use with sixth sense so you can throw it where you know your enemy will go, as well as throwing it behind walls where you know your enemy is.
- Don't be shy, throw them all the time. 6 second cooldown means i can always use it when i need to, it takes a short time to throw, and can do over 100 damage in groups.
- Personal rating - 6/10 Great in infantry maps, but leaves you defenseless against tanks.
* If you play on VV only servers or something, grenades beat TNT in basically every way.
- Always, always have the short range SMG as a primary weapon, it is simply superior in all ranges to practically every other non sniper weapon in the game.
- You can pick a short range weapon, such as the fast short range shotgun, which is THE best weapon for very close ranges, but takes some getting used to.
- You can pick another gun like the default machinegun, to use when your short range SMG runs out of ammo, its pretty easy to use this combo but is not all that effective, another weapon thats useful is the default shotgun, to use when your smg runs out of ammo.
- Or you can pick a long range weapon, like long range pistol, the most accurate non sniper weapon in the game. This is very effective.
- Alternatively, long range machinegun is also very useful, especially because it can be combined with burning bullets. Not quite as accurate, but is easier to use and can be effectively used at shorter ranges.
Infantry map, with lots of walls to throw grenades behind, probably the best map for soldiers.
- Try to avoid church square, its a big open area, in other words, bad.
- Roadblock should be the first flag you go to, if you get the jeep go straight there, the people on foot can get the flags closer to base.
- Lots of people climb the church ladder they are defenceless and easy targets when they do, so shoot them down.
- You yourself should avoid the church ladder unless your getting a sniping commando and know theres few people in the immediate vicinity.
- If you get to roadblock first, use sixth sense and pull out grenade spam, chances are enemies are coming, time your grenades right and the battles won before it starts.
- Don't get windmill first, doing that has the annoying habit of getting you assaulted from all 3 sides.
- Get lookout first, its the high ground and you rarely get assaulted from all sides.
- Don't bother getting the enemies base flag, while getting it they will constantly spawn and assault you, and even after that they spawn almost right next to it. Just get all the other 3 flags and camp them.
- Avoid the area between windmill and lookout.
- If you get to lookout first, use sixth sense and pull out grenade spam, chances are enemies are coming, time your grenades right and the battles won before it starts.
- The cliffs on the royal side of roadblock are very popular camp spots, be aware of that, if your good and/or the enemy sniper is inattentive while firing, you can kill them before they take cover.
Seaside Skirmish & Buccaneer Bay
- Get in a tank, plane, whatever. If your teammates stole all of them just get a jeep and run to the town.
- If your not in a vehicle, the best place to stay is in or around the town, almost always someone to kill, and lots of cover.
- Alot of the time, the enemy doesnt get the tanks at the back of their base. So you can get there in a jeep or (preferably) a plane, and steal the tank.
- Get there base flag, most of the tanks spawn there, they will either have to take a while getting it back, or be deprived of many tanks.
- Avoid shipwreck, its surrounded on all sides by good sniper spots, a real killzone. Unless your in a tank.
- Get town and assault the shipwreck from there.
- Avoid all open areas as infantry, only go there as a tank, even then its good to be around town in case you have to bail.
- Snipers love lighthouse, its pretty hard to kill a good sniper up there with long range pistol, so its best to stay out of range, or climb up and kill him.
RE: My soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 27-09-2009 11:36 PM
Advice for killing various enemies:
Snipers are a pain in the ass, good ones are impossible to avoid. Knifers are less of a problem.
- Try to keep combat medicine ready, you never know when you might get surprised by a commando.
- Blasting strike commandos away.
- Burn them, it leaves a nice little trail that you can follow, and does good damage
- If you can't burn them, spray and follow where the numbers go, they should move along with the commando.
- Long distance commandos can only really be killed by long range pistol, or long range SMG with burning bullets, strafe in and out of cover if he knows your there. If you have neither long range weapon you should just find cover. If your forced to use the long range pistol, try to burn him first, then use it.
- Never get in a plane with a good sniper around.
- Commandos hate tanks ^.^
- Against a good gunner of similar skill, you WILL lose in an open field fight, even at mid and even longish range. They have an effective 180-210 HP, are faster, do more damage, can eat your grenades, and can slow you down even if the keg completely misses you.
- Knowing this, you must flank a decent gunner, the only advantage you have is blasting strike, which probably won't help you considering the above advantages.
... So, what do you do?
1) If you see a gunner, burn him, and then retreat behind cover, try to get him to activate frenzy fire, then run so that its duration fizzles out.
2) If he follows you, run and use grenades and grenade spam to cover your ass.
3) Once you run out of grenades, wait around a corner, when he rounds it blast him away and fire at him, you should be at a slight advantage because his frenzy is out and hes further away.
4) If you are about to die, heal, burn him, and run behind cover again.
* Always keep your distance, you are at an advantage the further away you are, blasting strike is the best way to do this.
** It goes without saying to always use sixth sense to outmaneuver the gunner in these situations. If your behind cover and can't see him, use sixth sense!
*** Remember, your skills can be used in an instant, you can lob grenades in an instant, you can burn the gunner in an instant. So you can spend most of your time behind cover and still do damage, the gunner on the other hand has to be firing at you to do damage. So stay behind cover!
- Naturally, your pretty evenly matched.
- Your still better off flanking, its never really good to have a close fight, because you could get killed pretty fast later.
- Throw grenades! Soldiers can't eat them.
- Blasting strike helps, it interrupts there fire slightly, blasts them away where your gun may be superior to theres, and it may do damage.
- If you get blasted DO NOT use parachute, and if you have to to avoid major fall damage, do it just before you hit the ground, because parachutes are easy targets.
Only good pilots will pose a problem, those that do...
- Blasting strike them if they try and wingclip you.
- Burn them, if you hit the plane it burns the pilot to.
- AA guns are your friends, don't sit in an AA gun waiting, but if you see a plane, and happen to be near one, shoot it down.
- Jump over there wing, this should only be done if you don't have blasting strike.
- If you happen to be in a jeep, be ready to bail, good pilots can kill jeeps in seconds.
Soldiers are arguably the worst anti tank class. Blasting strike only flips them over if theres a convenient pole/rock/tree, and good tanks don't get close enough for you to TNT them, still.
- Try to flip them over find a wall pole and blasting strike them into it.
- Sneak around corners and throw tnt at them, before hiding again.
- Throw grenade spam, doesn't do much, but hey.
- Planes are good anti-tanks. Refer to a plane guide for more info. I almost always stay in a plane on seaside skirmish, simply because being a soldier means im pretty useless on foot.
- Tanks can kill other tanks... But in a tank fight if your forced to bail first, your probably screwed.
- Never get in a plane with a tank around, same with jeeps, instant death.
- Most of all, try to avoid enemy tanks.
- Try to be of a different elevation, tanks can't aim to far down or up, so if you get get lower or higher than said tank, he can't do much.
As much as it helps to know how to deal with 1 on 1, its not going to happen most of the time. Your going to be versing teams of 2 or more people, particularly in maps like VV where you assault roadblock.
- Remember grenades, particularly effective against teams, not only are you bound to hit something, ive done upwards of 100 damage from level 1 GS.
- If its not to much of an issue, deviate from the main group to flank your enemies. Only do this if you will attack your enemy only slightly after the main group. Its not good to take the long way around to find the battles already lost because you weren't there.
- Use burning bullets, do a quick sweep of all the enemies, and then concentrate fire on the commando, followed by soldier and gunner.
- Blasting strike, its hilarious sending 3+ enemies flying. It splits them up, damages them slightly (or majorly if your lucky) and is generally full of win.
- Assuming you flank your enemy, you will want to still use combat medicine around your teammates, but if it can't be done. Don't put it off.
Things you should always keep in mind, regardless of situation.
- Keep moving, stationary people are easy to kill.
- Use sixth sense, alot.
- If you have grenades/spam, its generally better to carry grenades around and throw when you see an enemy, switching to grenades in the midst of battle wastes to much time.
- Make use of vehicles, if theres a tank, get in it.
- Take care of enemy tanks, if you have it, your enemy doesn't.
- Teammates, you get more points for healing them, your combat medicine is more effective, you have people to hide behind, what more do you need?
- If your about to assault a flag, or you see a flag moving up or down with no one next to it, throw grenades/spam at it before you get there, chances are you will hit something.
- Thinking about making a soldier? Make it national, they have 2 bugs in their favor that EA/Dice seem extremely reluctant to fix.
A few trips and tricks
Well, Ive compiled a couple of small tips and tricks that should help you in your adventures .
Beware, i have now been informed that the pistol trick, because of heavy abuse in a certain campfest of a map called MM, is now kickable - and to a certain extent, bannable - I will keep this section of the guide here for reference purposes unless i am told to remove it, and i must again inform you that abusing this bug, particularly on MM, is not acceptable.
Abuse consists of shooting THROUGH fences, in other words, if they cant shoot you, and you can shoot them, its abuse. On the other hand, if your head is just visible, and you can still be sniped/shot in the head, its still technically allowed.
In other words, you can still kinda do this trick...
Hes a quote from m1k3ol on the subject...
M1k3ol Wrote:add that shooting "trough" 'em is the "exploit" not using 'em for cover while shooting (you know, like when snipers can get your head)
Heres a picture that highlights where a pistol projectile comes out of a body when compared to SMG. both are shooting at the same place, but as you can see they come out of different parts of the body.
As you can see, the pistol projectile comes from slightly above head height, while the smg projectile comes from about waist/arm height.
This allows you to use cover much more effectively, for example.
In this picture, i can hit almost everything in front of me with the long range pistol, but not with an SMG, while at the same time, an enemy trying to shoot me would have a very hard time as my head is barely showing.
Theres lots of places where this is useful. Most fences if you stand back a couple of meters you can shoot over quite freely. Experiment for yourself, its very useful being able to shoot your opponent when they cannot easily shoot you back.
My personal strategy.
Well, i decided to include how i play, I consider myself a fairly decent player so why not.
My weapons are: Short range submachine-gun, long range pistol, and grenades.
My abilities are: Maxed combat medicine, 1 burning bullets, 1 grenade spam, and 1 sixth sense, and 2 blasting strike, im planning to get that higher.
When confronted, i attack with the short range SMG, i use this for almost all ranges. As a general guide, look at the shipwreck, from the tip to the back of the shipwreck, i would use short range SMG. Anything further and i would still burn them with SMG, and then switch to pistol.
I use grenades in conjunction with grenade spam, if they are approaching me (i can tell by sixth sense), i throw a grenade spam in there direction, unless its cooling down, in which i throw a grenade. Grenade spam is better than grenades. But it can't be thrown as far and has a longer cooldown.
If i manage to flank them, i throw both grenade spam and grenades before starting a fight, if im lucky this can do upwards of 80-100 damage.
Whenever im in a tight spot i blast them away, lob a grenade on my feet and start running.
I just avoid tanks, simple as that. I can do absolutely nothing to them as infantry. Planes i light up with burning bullets and hit them until they are out of range of my short range smg. If the plane is on fire/smoking. I hit them with a long range pistol, if not i don't even bother and concentrate on other things. Jeeps you just have to be careful not to get run over. Otherwise its all good.
I try to always be near cover, particularly in vehicle maps, where being in the open will mean quick death by an enemy tank, and possible wingclips by enemy planes. It also means you have no escape in case of snipers. Being in close contact with a town area at all times means i can almost always flank enemies who don't have sixth sense. And can find cover when fired upon by enemies.
RE: My soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 27-09-2009 11:37 PM
I guess its reserved...
RE: My soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 27-09-2009 11:40 PM
Deleted out of protest
RE: My soldier guide. - SniperLighting - 27-09-2009 11:46 PM
RE: My soldier guide. - thecrazyman96 - 27-09-2009 11:46 PM
EDIT- very nice giude~~~~~~~~~~~~~ for a newb
RE: My soldier guide. - SirLenny - 27-09-2009 11:51 PM
you need a fast smg + very long range pistol... whats more to say about the weapons?
RE: My soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 28-09-2009 12:08 AM
Hmm, do these forums have Hide Tags? It really helps to clean up a guide .
RE: My soldier guide. - sxePancake - 28-09-2009 12:45 AM
Yo CrazyFlyGuy. Im proud of you and I'm going to let you finish. But Revenga had one of the best soldier guides of all time! of all time!
RE: My soldier guide. - MaGinty - 28-09-2009 12:46 AM
Why would you tell people how to use GS? They might get the idea that its good and waste points on it.
Heres a tip. If someone uses GS on you........rush them. Its an easy kill because they wont have right skills for battle.
RE: My soldier guide. - Wimploou - 28-09-2009 12:47 AM
I am using a fast smg+long range smg. The long range smg is really useful against commandos. Just bb+long range smg and they hide or die pretty quick. Also got bs lvl 5 @ 20 lvl and I kill lots with it, even double, rarely triple kills at maps like VV and in Town of BB, just some houses must be close. CM @ lvl 5 as soon as possible is a must for a soldier. Awesome guide
RE: My soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 28-09-2009 12:50 AM
(28-09-2009 12:46 AM)MaGinty Wrote: Why would you tell people how to use GS? They might get the idea that its good and waste points on it.
Ive used level 1 GS extensively, and it only uses 1 HP, and does potential 30-50 damage before the fight even starts.
Once theyve started rushing you though, assuming they have half a brain and a set of eyes to match the GS probably won't do anything.
RE: My soldier guide. - Xavygravy - 28-09-2009 12:54 AM
Great guide! There's that other V6 one.. but that's too hard to read. This one is nicely set out so good job
RE: My soldier guide. - Ademo - 28-09-2009 12:55 AM
(28-09-2009 12:45 AM)sxePancake Wrote: Yo CrazyFlyGuy. Im proud of you and I'm going to let you finish. But Revenga had one of the best soldier guides of all time! of all time!lolz
(28-09-2009 12:46 AM)MaGinty Wrote: Why would you tell people how to use GS? They might get the idea that its good and waste points on it.Yeah, GS is soooo useless..
RE: My soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 28-09-2009 12:57 AM
(28-09-2009 12:55 AM)Ademo Wrote:(28-09-2009 12:45 AM)sxePancake Wrote: Yo CrazyFlyGuy. Im proud of you and I'm going to let you finish. But Revenga had one of the best soldier guides of all time! of all time!lolz
Doesnt quite catch the sarcasm
RE: My soldier guide. - minivesper - 28-09-2009 06:47 PM
(28-09-2009 12:50 AM)CrazyFlyGuy Wrote:(28-09-2009 12:46 AM)MaGinty Wrote: Why would you tell people how to use GS? They might get the idea that its good and waste points on it.
RE: [Guide] Crazy soldier guide. - nickster07 - 29-09-2009 04:04 AM
This guide is so damn brilliant! But sometimes, they're 'wingcliping' me even though I use BB
RE: [Guide] Crazy soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 29-09-2009 06:08 AM
Blasting strike is the way to go.
BB seems to do no additional damage to a plane (i know, i spend half my time on planes) it really just annoys the pilot, and enough BB's and they will be forced to heal.
Blasting strike throws them off course, and they normally they get blasted up high enough so they can't clip you until they turn around again, by that time blasting stike should be cooled down and/or you can find cover.
RE: [Guide] Crazy soldier guide. - CrazyFlyGuy - 01-10-2009 07:02 AM
Updated the guide some more, basically just cleaned it up.
RE: [Guide] Crazy soldier guide. - EpicBullet - 02-10-2009 01:29 AM
Woot, love it.