Battlefield Heroes
[GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Printable Version

+- Battlefield Heroes (/en/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: Tutorials, Guides and Strategies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide (/showthread.php?tid=38917)

[GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 21-06-2009 04:20 PM

Because I don't see a lot of soldier guides around here, I'll make one myself.
This guide tells how I play, so if you disagree with some parts of the guide, you can always leave a comment and if I think you're right I'll change that part..

Please notice that this is just a guide and that this is not the ultimate guide or something...

Soldiers are most likely the most "basic" players in the game, they are the best in infantry battles, they have the best mid- and short-range weapons, they walk faster than gunners (not if they use leg it) and at long range they can still kill snipers ...

In this guide I'll explain how to take the battlefield as a soldier and how to own those gunners and commando's..

Now let's start! =D

Weapons
As weapons you should use the close ranged SMG and the very far-ranged pistol.

Abilities:
Combat Medicine (CM)
Combat Medicine is a must for every soldier.
Get it to level 5 as quick as possible and always use it when you can heal yourself or your teammates.
When you are fighting, don't use it to fast, just keep an eye on your health and when it's getting too low, use it.

Notice that your heal will get stronger when you heal your teammates too, and that you're always stronger with your teammates.
Always try to heal your teammates too!

Grenade Spam (GS)
Since the new version GS is less usefull than BS: it's not effective at a long range and its less powerfull and handy in short ranged battles.

Burning Bullets (BB)
A very handy ability, but not worth to train it further than lvl 1 before lvl 20: the damage will only increase by 16 and the cooldown is that not a problem.
Always use it in mid or far-ranged combat: it will disturb your enemys to hit you for a short period of time and it will increase your damage by 20.
When you think you saw a commando, shoot around with BB activated to spot that annoying knifer!

Blasting Strike (BS)
Train it to lvl 2 at least before lvl 20: it's good to avoid winclips, tank smashes and roadkills and very good in close combat.
Also use it when you're beeing knifed by a commando.
When attacked by a gunner, use it to get him away from you
Use it to blast people away when you need to get cover.
When you're out of bullets it's good to use BS while reloading.
BS can deal damage when the players hits something in the air, so it's always worth trying in maps like VV..

Either train BB or BS to lvl to lvl 3 or 4 after you trained CM, GS and 6th sence.

A short list of what abilities you should have at lvl 20 and lvl 30

Level 20:
CM lvl 5
BS at least lvl 2
BB lvl 1
6th sence lvl 1 (6th sence is not necessary, so can can also use it to train another ability)

lvl 30:
CM lvl 5
BB: at least lvl 1
BS: at least lvl 3
6th sence at least lvl 1 (6th sence is not necessary, so can can also use it to train another ability)
You'll have 6/7 HP left then to fill up GS, BS or BB
It's very important to have BB and BS at least at lvl 1: they are all very powerfull at level one, and if you have them all, you'll be an soldier that can handle every situation in the game.

Commandos

Everyone keeps telling commandos are overpowered, but when you act a little smart, you'll kill them like they were peanuts.

Knifers
Use Blasting strike while you're being knifed..
If the commando is still stealthed, use BB before you blast him away, so he can't escape.

troop traps (TT)
Just shoot that little bombs..
They are easy to spot and you just have to hit them from a safe distance..

Royal TT are green, National TT are grey.

Snipers

Snipers are a little more complicated...

1. Always keep an eye on your health. If you see you're getting shot, get cover immediatly!
Just hide behind a wall or something..
2. Now heal yourself!
3. Watch the little lines to spot them or just use 6th sence.
4. Strafe in different directions while you shoot the sniper with your pistol: you'll deal more damage than we will, because he will always miss you..

Gunners
Always try to fight at mid-range: use BS and don't run at your opponent..
Strafe from the left to the right do dodge his bullets, very good against the shotgun..
Remember that soldiers are the best skilled players in normal combat..

Tanks

Try to hide and use your BS, sticky TNT and grenades to gain the advantage.
If you can enter a tank yourself, just do it..
Try to get to a gunner, tank buster is very usefull and he might share leg-it with you, very handy to get your TNT on the tank and to walk around him so he can't hit you..

Final Hint
Change the number keys to activate your abilities by better keys (M2 and -M2 to change weapon, right mouse button to activate BB, C to activate BS, ...)

End of Guide, hope you liked it...

PS: if you see any language mistakes, please leave a comment: my English is not that good..

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 21-06-2009 04:36 PM

Ready =D

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - nFNN - 21-06-2009 04:52 PM

Nice guide, though I'd still advice everyone to max BB and BS Wink

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - 'J.K. - 21-06-2009 05:06 PM

Nice guide!

But i also prefer Bunring Bullets and Blasting Strike!
I havent skilled Grenade Spam and im doing fine without it.
So it isnt a must have skill like Combat Medicine.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 21-06-2009 05:09 PM

Having it at lvl 1 is already very good
Blasting strike doesn't give direct damage and it doesn't get that better by training it..
Still, having it at lvl 3 or 4 just like GS can be very handy to blast away gunners and tanks even better

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 21-06-2009 06:08 PM

GUIDE EDITED

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - relica - 21-06-2009 06:16 PM

I believe the higher your BS, the more "up, up and away" your enemies go. Might be wrong but i had that impression.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 21-06-2009 06:33 PM

It's true Wink
BS is very handy, but GS is underestimated..

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Nefaroth - 21-06-2009 07:10 PM

Gerhart's Greatest/Harry's Hand Cannon. Same ability to pick someone off from across the map, just without a scope. Essential for anyone wishing to put snipers in their place (the ground). Coupled with sixth sense, you'll get called a hacker.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 21-06-2009 07:51 PM

hmm

never tried it

Thanks!

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - HIT47 - 21-06-2009 08:10 PM

Grenade spam is waste of Hero points!

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Kregus - 21-06-2009 11:18 PM

(21-06-2009 04:20 PM)Revenga Wrote:  Final Hint
Change the number keys to activate your abilities by better keys (M2 and -M2 to change weapon, right mouse button to activate BB, C to activate BS, ...)

A great idea, provided you remember to change it back whenever you go to play another character, which I never do, as the controls are linked to the install, not any particular account or character if I remember correctly.

Also, remember to reassign the skill-scroll button to something, I suggest = and -, or *fun* things happen the next time you start BFH.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Shinku - 22-06-2009 12:05 AM

Only a misstypping: You put Buring in the title when it must be t's Burning but this is a good guide ^^

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Kellino45 - 22-06-2009 01:11 AM

You should also acknowledge the super long range pistol. I use it against those pesky snipers and it does around 20 damage per hit. In the description it says its very long (yes) and very slow rate of fire, but its definitely not. It shoots rather fast actually. I recommend replacing the shotgun with it.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - DukeHazzard - 22-06-2009 05:02 AM

I agree with the short range smg/long range pistol combo. It's my prefered combo to use, and I put a lot of snipers in their place (lol, the ground, funny) with my pistol, cover, and what not. Also, the pistol does excellent damge even at close range, so if you run out of bullets on your smg, and you start to reload, switch to your pistol to continue to get shots off, and when your smg finishes (it will continue to reload even if your not holding it) you can go back to rapid fire mode.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 22-06-2009 12:12 PM

yesterday I played a lot and the pistol/SMG combination is really better

thx all =D

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 22-06-2009 12:17 PM

Edited guide: pistol instead of long ranged SMG

Also I banned GS

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - nFNN - 23-06-2009 11:06 PM

You could also state that Blasting Strike stacks (double, triple, quadruple etc. BS is crazy Tongue)
I don't know if BB stacks as well, but I think it does.

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Revenga - 24-06-2009 09:28 AM

BS stacking is really fun

just doesn't happen enough =|

RE: [GUIDE] The big soldier guide - Marnir - 24-06-2009 07:15 PM

You severly underestimate the usefullness of 6th sence. Its one of the greatest abillities, knowing thw exact position of your enemy makes it possible for ytou to ambush him and kill him before he even realises where you are.

Also, I would not max out CM as fast as I could, the extra % you get in the end is not that important, its better to invest hero points in BB och 6th sence